Sooooo....Hood

Options
Seems like we're getting a Steveload of Hood covers coming in. Apart from the inevitable PvP he'll be in in the next few days, what else do you all think they have planned for the fella?

Comments

• Maybe a Hood-focused PVE where they finally bring in Dr. Strange?
  • They definetly aren't being subtle about it either.

The only other characters that i remember getting this treatment are Ares, Patch, And 3* Cap.

Marc
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It means they are planning to Nerf him...
  • LavishDragoon
    LavishDragoon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I for one think this reward structure is a step in the right direction. The last two PVE events had attainable rewards and good ones at that. Plus having 2 PVE and the Lord of Thunder PVP events all giving out Hood covers is the right way to appease the masses saying covering 3* will be difficult. We're quick to hate on D3, but let's give them credit for doing something right.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I for one think this reward structure is a step in the right direction. The last two PVE events had attainable rewards and good ones at that. Plus having 2 PVE and the Lord of Thunder PVP events all giving out Hood covers is the right way to appease the masses saying covering 3* will be difficult. We're quick to hate on D3, but let's give them credit for doing something right.

agreed. 3* covers should be rare & coveted but attainable through a fair amount of gameplay. These Hood rewards are just the right amount of investment/reward balance.
  • I for one think this reward structure is a step in the right direction. The last two PVE events had attainable rewards and good ones at that. Plus having 2 PVE and the Lord of Thunder PVP events all giving out Hood covers is the right way to appease the masses saying covering 3* will be difficult. We're quick to hate on D3, but let's give them credit for doing something right.

agreed. 3* covers should be rare & coveted but attainable through a fair amount of gameplay. These Hood rewards are just the right amount of investment/reward balance.

While I agree that 3* covers should be reasonably attainable, I'm not sure how I feel about the devs having the same character as a reward repeatedly. I'm not trying to say that I don't love getting all of these Hood covers, but what happens when they decide to give out Loki 3 events in a row?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jkells wrote:

While I agree that 3* covers should be reasonably attainable, I'm not sure how I feel about the devs having the same character as a reward repeatedly. I'm not trying to say that I don't love getting all of these Hood covers, but what happens when they decide to give out Loki 3 events in a row?
    Then it's season 1 icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit wrote:
    Jkells wrote:

Then it's season 1 icon_lol.gif

"Loki, Rags, Loki, Rags ... This is what our playerbase wants, right?" - Devs
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This doesn't have to mean anything. It's really only 2 events, a PVE and a PVP close together. Hood as progression awards is normal since he's the featured character after being given out in the last PVE. When they had 2 Loki events, or 2 Rag events, it didn't have to mean anything.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    This doesn't have to mean anything. It's really only 2 events, a PVE and a PVP close together. Hood as progression awards is normal since he's the featured character after being given out in the last PVE. When they had 2 Loki events, or 2 Rag events, it didn't have to mean anything.
    Yeah I agree with this. Not likely they'll do anything more than the featured pvp starting after the LT one. If he weren't featured in this one and they still had all these rewards of his then I would say he's about to be featured in a pve, but here he is featured so I think that's it.
  • Understanding that this may not be I popular statement, I really wish they would stop handing him out like candy. For those of you who do not have him, grab him now. Until this point Hood has been a very rare character, and a very good character. He is probably one of the best support characters so we will be seeing him on every team. I loved getting over the 2* OBW teams, because I saw quite a bit of diversity. Now we will see a ton of Hood teams, then he will be nerfed.

As I said, if you don't have hood go for it now. Or don't. Yeah, stay away from the Hood rewards.

I wish everyone the best day ever. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Steveload?
  • Does Blackheart fit the missing B???? from the Team-Ups?

That would be saucy.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Steveload?

Referencing the fact the after his release, Steve Rogers Cap was given out enough to easily give a hard-working player a cover-maxed Steve.
  • Providing the same rewards repeatedly is not just a good idea, it's pretty much necessary to help people make the 3* transition. Without 10 covers or so, there's no reason to even attempt to use a non-boosted 3*, so if we just get covers very spread out, then you need 40 slots and a lot of luck on random pulls to make the transition.

What surprises me is that we've been handed hoods twice, and yet the blue ability, the good one, has always been the hard one to get. It's the one ability that makes him useful. Why not make the cover more available?
  • hibikir wrote:
    Providing the same rewards repeatedly is not just a good idea, it's pretty much necessary to help people make the 3* transition. Without 10 covers or so, there's no reason to even attempt to use a non-boosted 3*, so if we just get covers very spread out, then you need 40 slots and a lot of luck on random pulls to make the transition.

What surprises me is that we've been handed hoods twice, and yet the blue ability, the good one, has always been the hard one to get. It's the one ability that makes him useful. Why not make the cover more available?
    Because they like money?
  • Referencing the fact the after his release, Steve Rogers Cap was given out enough to easily give a hard-working player a cover-maxed Steve.

Ahh. Thanks.

I was still in 1* land then, so while mine is close, he's not there yet.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hibikir wrote:
    Because it's the ability that makes him useful...? O_o
  • gobstopper wrote:
    hibikir wrote:
    Providing the same rewards repeatedly is not just a good idea, it's pretty much necessary to help people make the 3* transition. Without 10 covers or so, there's no reason to even attempt to use a non-boosted 3*, so if we just get covers very spread out, then you need 40 slots and a lot of luck on random pulls to make the transition.

Because they like money?
    hibikir wrote:
    Because it's the ability that makes him useful...? O_o

Econ 101, we meet again my old friend.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hibikir wrote:

Harder to earn? Yes. But blue is also the double reward. So you could have had no Hood covers last week, and walk away with 4 blue this week. That sounds like pretty available to me.