Thor PvP 8/1/14 ??

Options
Shouldn't a Thor PvP event have started by now? Does anyone else see this as odd?

Comments

• I find the post a bit odd, does that count?

It should start in 11.5 hours?
  • No, OP is right. Weekend PvP events always start Friday at noon overlapping with the previous PvP event for 12 hours. This is indeed odd.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It should have started 10 am pst so it would end on sunday 10pm pst, as per their usual schedule.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I find the post a bit odd, does that count?

It should start in 11.5 hours?

That would be odd Friday PVPs start at 1PM not 1AM. Unless they're pushing PVP start/end times back another hour again (in an attempt to slowly shift the times for people in other time zones?).
  • Hmm...good point. Guessing probably has something to do with the end time of the PVE perhaps (start of DP PVP)?
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Expecting things to work as normal when Deadpool is involved is folly.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like the Deadpool PVE is taking place of the PVP. Same start and end time.
  • It could be they're going to shift start/end times by an hour every couple weeks to try and balance end times out for everyone. If it starts at 2:00, that might be the plan.
  • More likely, since they were on pace for 13 events instead of the standard 12, we get 2 days off to focus solely on Deadpool
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    More likely, since they were on pace for 13 events instead of the standard 12, we get 2 days off to focus solely on Deadpool

That seems pretty weird since I assume they make tons of money off PvP thanks to Shield hops and maybe boosts...PvE I'm not really sure how they'd encourage sales...sure an extra PvP would give a slightly larger player pool the 10K progression of 50HP but that seems like a drop in the bucket. I guess they really hope everyone loses their mind trying to get Deadpool and just blows money on boosts, health packs, and cover packs?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just saw it pop up and it is now started. They just cut off some hours from it and gave it the normal ending time. Hood covers! Now I can finally finish mine.
  • mohio wrote:
    Just saw it pop up and it is now started. They just cut off some hours from it and gave it the normal ending time. Hood covers! Now I can finally finish mine.
    Yeah I just saw that too. I'm guessing something got a little screwed up and it didn't start automatically.