Must have Team Ups Powers and Characters nerfed by them

Options
Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So playing with TU's for awhile they are okay. There needs to be some tweaks for sure, but since they aren't going anywhere anytime soon I might as well get used to them. However I have noticed there are a few powers that are just ridiculous and others that with the new team ups have left other characters nerfed in a way since you don't need them, just their TU power.

Without Further delay, here are the must haves so far (these are assuming max char lvl and lvl 5)
Any Fury icon_e_smile.gif

Rage of the Panther
Sniper Rifle (jury still out on this one, great but expensive)
Fireball
Magnetic Translocation
Any Sentry Power
Mistress of the Elements (this is nice, you can cast for 9, get 7 back and do dmg)
Retribution
Thunder Strike
Call of the Storm

There are a few others that have their moments, but from what I've gotten so far these are just awesome. OBW Recon is also very good.

Characters nerfed by this. Human Torch, Black Panther, Punisher. The reason is, you don't need these guys if you have Fireball, Retribution, and Rage of the Panther. Punisher is hurt the most as if you can have a colorless take a guy down at 40% skill, you don't need him anymore just that. We'll see what future tweaks come. I personally would like to see an AP cost change, or only allow 1 skill from any charcter, example, you can never get World Rupture or Sacrfice from a Sentry, only Supernova, the catch is that it will always be lvl 5.

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Don't forget C Storm's Wind Storm. Does damage and has a stun. Storm herself isn't very strong and doesn't have that much health. Wind Storm is the only reason some peopl use her. Now I can have her power without her dragging down my team.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lazy Thor isn't in the official list. The Call of the Storm and Thunder Strike are the weak Thor versions.
    Storm Mohawk isn't in the official list either. Mistress of the Elements is the weaker version.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd throw Black widow and aggressive recon on this list too. No need to have a weak 2* if you can steal some AP for 8 enviro tiles
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deimos12 wrote:
    I'd throw Black widow and aggressive recon on this list too. No need to have a weak 2* if you can steal some AP for 8 enviro tiles

By this same reasoning, Trickery would be a good Utility Team-Up without the need to bring weak Loki, depending on the team you face (Patch PvPs, Daken Nodes on HEROIC PvE etc)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New Panther and his strike tiles is still useful, especially given the blue/yellow/black color mix, and doubly especially while the 12 white AP mega-strike tile exists.
  • My vote's for BWGS: deceptive tactics. one of the best moves in the game
  • Lazy Thor isn't in the official list. The Call of the Storm and Thunder Strike are the weak Thor versions.
    Storm Mohawk isn't in the official list either. Mistress of the Elements is the weaker version.
    Have you tested those Thor TUs in-game? Because they show up for me as Level 166 with Modern Thor's portrait