Random Boost Drops

Options
hex706f726368
hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I used to get a few of boosts (+1 B/P, +1 G/B, +1 R/Y) during the plethora of lightning rounds matches I participate in during the middle of the week. But I didn't get any this week (so far), which is rather odd. I still got plenty of 2* covers, 3 torchies even.

Are boosts as random drops done now that Team-Ups drop every match? Or maybe the odds are just lower? Anyone got boosts as a random drop since upgrading to R58?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I haven't gotten any boosts either but I got a 'you got too many teamup' message after every game. I'm wondering what if you need to have an open room for team up to be able to get a boost?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still waiting for my first random 2* Torch (really want to use him) but the recent drop rate of my boosts has plummeted, maybe to close to zero.

I wonder if they are replacing the drops, at least for the time being.

I hate to ask and normally I wouldn't suspect it but any chance boosts are getting retired all together?
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm still getting boosts at almost exactly the same frequency as before. Not removed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was thinking bout creating same thread. This week I was farming LRs like crazy and got only 3 boosts during tuesday. And similar as Phantron only getting "too many TUs" message after every game.

@yogi - you must be really unlucky then, mine from 2/2/3 is 5/3/5 after LRs and I sold 3 his covers already.
  • darthmental
    darthmental Posts: 104
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing as I have yet to get a boost yet from winning a match. I sure hope the boosts have not been retired.
  • hex706f726368
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I haven't gotten any boosts either but I got a 'you got too many teamup' message after every game. I'm wondering what if you need to have an open room for team up to be able to get a boost?

I hope not, that'd be terrible. Even once they implement a delete button I imagine I'll eventually hit a stockpile of 20 Team-Ups that I'm perfectly happy with. They come in much faster than I use them (not every match).

I get that same message too. I've given up on using them, even equipping them pre-match, until the next release. Right now they are more trouble than fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I get the too many team up message and boosts from the same fight, so it's working fine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Even if boosts are still dropping, it sure looks like team up is replacing most of the boosts? I don't mind that as a concept since team up seems to be guaranteed drops so it's like getting 1/3 of a boost every fight, other than that in its current incarnation the teamups are almost unusable.
  • hex706f726368
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    I get the too many team up message and boosts from the same fight, so it's working fine.

Thanks for the info! Guess I just got snubbed this week. icon_mad.gif
  • Still didnt get any boost from tuesday. Its impossible, they must changed % drop to minimum or its some bug.
  • I haven't gotten any boosts not counting the node rewards since the TU patch. For those who got the boosts from winning matches, did you have a team up slot available? If you're supposed to get a boost drop every 10 games, then the chance of going 100 games without one is about 1 in 30000 and I'm pretty sure I've played that many games since the patch and haven't seen any drops.