Learn About Team-Ups

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone –

In the midst of all the upcoming Deadpool excitement over here we wanted to share a very informative video that the Demiurge Designers Will Jennings-Hess and Casey Malone put together this week about the new Team-Up gameplay feature. This should help players understand what Team-Up’s are and some of the things to come in the future with this feature.

http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog/

- Thank you!

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Lakestone, don't use all caps. See item #12 in the Forum Rules

Go into Edit and edit your title.

EDIT -- If you want to make something an announcement, make it a Sticky.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    Lakestone, don't use all caps. See item #12 in the Forum Rules

Go into Edit and edit your title.
    icon_lol.gif Whatever mom, you're not the boss of me icon_lol.gif
    Seriously. This is hilarious.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Awkward having to ask this, since mpq is a mobile game, but... mobile-friendly link please?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awkward having to ask this, since mpq is a mobile game, but... mobile-friendly link please?

The blog post is just a video. Try this: http://vimeo.com/101954276
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for the link.

Video didn't really say much we didn't already know, but I agree with all that they said. Then again, I like TUs.

I do wonder if this will become a regular thing? I'd love to hear inside discussions regarding character balance in particular.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Gifting TUs is a great idea! Glad to hear that it is coming soon.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes i can gift crrappy ones !!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It did NOT sound like gifting team-ups to me.

It sounded like if you have a hero that another alliance member doesn't have, that HERO can be used as a team-up (or at least one of their abilities). It did NOT sound like you pass a team-up you've earned. It sounds like you loan out the whole character. They said that you might take a character you have but who is not on your A team, and loan them out to teammates.

My guess is it would work something like this: You designate a character as "out on assignment". While under this designation, YOU cannot use them, but your teammates can use them as a team-up ability.

Can anyone parse the end of the section any differently than this?
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    And this forum is still not mobile-friendly icon_e_sad.gif
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    scottee wrote:

It sounded like if you have a hero that another alliance member doesn't have, that HERO can be used as a team-up (or at least one of their abilities). It did NOT sound like you pass a team-up you've earned. It sounds like you loan out the whole character. They said that you might take a character you have but who is not on your A team, and loan them out to teammates.

My guess is it would work something like this: You designate a character as "out on assignment". While under this designation, YOU cannot use them, but your teammates can use them as a team-up ability.

I like that idea even better! And yes, that does sound like what they are describing.

My brother and I are on a 5 slot alliance. We never win anything this way, but even just seeing each other's scores keeps us interested in playing over the long run. I would love it if Alliances were more about having fun with your friends. Right now, Alliances only serve to ratchet up the competition. My brother doesn't play as much as he used to because he knows that his work schedule prevents him from competing at a higher level (he's at the 3* transition). For the most part, he just plays for fun and this would make the game more fun for both of us.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:

I wonder if this is how things are implemented, how it would be affected by health. What I mean is, if I play a match and my 166 BP dies, can I send him out on assignment without using a healthpack on him? What if he just has really low health?

Personally, I would rather it be set up that along with your alliance resupply for the day, each member contributes 1 of their highest level characters for a TU card.