TU cost too low

Options
Team ups is a great concept, however, it needs to be tweaked.

Environments used to be a fairly expensive "add-on" like bonus perk. Not enough to sway a battle because they did little damage, did not add on strike damage, and the costs were high.

TU is now a universal colour for three different powers. The AI gets a HUGE bonus that it does not have to earn the TU powers, can use the same powers as characters in play, does not have to load the covers every battle (wasting time).

Please add a 1.5x(example) ap to the cost of each TU. Also fix the RNG so that supernova isn't selected for the AI every other battle.

thanks.

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed

Anothet suggestion
    Match the Team Up power with the original colour tiles. For eg. storm's hailstorm uses black. If TU power is hailstorm then the team should match the TU tiles and uses (x) number of black tiles in order to activate it. If the power is Adamantium Slash then match TU tiles and (y) number of red tiles.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think that the Team Up ability should use both the TUAP and the AP required of the color. Forcing the player/AI to use both types of AP effectively doubles the cost while still allowing the effects to add to the team's abilties. I would love to burn my AP reserve along with the excess purple I get from Spidey-Senses for something like a Deceptive Tactics. Its win-win and doesn't result in dumb-luck-wins for the AI quite as often.

This was rushed and lazy implementation, which was clearly not fully tested before release.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have been thinking there should be a way to slow down/deny TU powers from going off. This would be one way to do it.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Dumb luck wins for the AI". Yup. That pretty much sums up what's happening to me right now
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would also like to see a way for your previous TU choices to be remembered for the next battle so you don't need to select them before every game
  • Maybe if there were a level cost it would help, eg every 50 levels add another 1 AP to use it.
    So all 1* powers are at cost.
    maxed 2* powers cost at most 1AP more. (94)
    maxed 3* powers cost 3AP more. (166)
    etc.

Not sure if this would be too restrictive at higher levels though.
  • I think the TU feature has increased the frustration level of the game and decreased the fun factor. When there were only boosts to deal with, a player had the option of whether or not to use one. Now, we are forced to use TU because our opponent most certainly will. Most of us are very careful in selecting our opponent. Most of the time, we will only pick someone we think we can beat. TUs make the process much more difficult. We may have been able to beat our opponent as is but one of two TUs can spell defeat. This greatly increases frustration and significantly decreases the fun factor. I don't think that is the result you were after. Please consider removing it promptly. However, it you must keep this new feature, I agree wholeheartedly with the above suggestions. The AI is way overpowered under the current configuration which results in far too many "dumb luck wins" for the AI. Most of us don't even get a chance to activate our TUs by the time the match is over.