Environments idea

Options
Now that environments are just background art, an idea to differentiate them:

Make the environments bonuses, maybe 10% to damage, for certain characters. Have the Hulk have an advantage in the desert. Give the Fantastic Four an advantage in the lab (and make it officially the Baxter Building). Punisher, Daredevil, and Spider-Man in the city. Wolverine in the tundra. Black Panther in the Jungle. Doom in Latveria. This could be true both for characters and team-ups.

Since all that would have to be created for this would be art assets, that could also allow for an expansion of the environments - X-Men could get a Danger Room or X-Mansion, Avengers could get Avengers Mansion/Tower, Magneto/Brotherhood Asteroid M, Nick Fury a Helicarrier, Dark Avengers whatever their HQ was.

It would give us some variety in play due to environments, which was removed from the game in the recent update. And it would ideally be a small enough advantage it wouldn't unbalance gameplay.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Somewhere was the suggestion to let environment powers drop as teamups also, that would be really cool
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, certain villains could always have certain Environment powers in their TU Pockets.

Juggernaut could always have Hot Dog Stand
    Doctor Doom could always have Latverian's power for 5AP
    Enemy Human Torch could have Forest Fire for 25AP
    Enemy Magneto could have Tundra's Deep Freeze for 25 AP
    Enemy Yelena could have Thorned Rose for 12 AP
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ah, Environments, I hardly knew ye...

I wasn't even far enough into the game to have gotten out of the city. Maybe it's starry-eyed naivety, but I think it would be great to see all the environment powers I missed out on come back in some way.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just thinking about the same kind of thing.

I was thinking more along the lines that the old Environment powers could activate as a bonus when characters use their normal moves under special circumstances.

So let's take the Hood as an example, if he activates Intimidate in the City & has 5 TU AP, he also activates Hot Dog Stand. If he activates Twin Pistols & 20 TU AP, he should activate Narrow Alley.

I think this would encourage more varied teams while still giving back some relevance to the Environments that as of now have no purpose.