Team-up suggestions (yes, yet another thread)

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
My thruppenceworth.
    Let us sell or at least delete the extra team-ups. I can't use them as fast as I get them. How about 5 HP each. Or 100 ISO. Let team-ups stack, like boosts. 20 slots could be plenty if we could have identical ones sharing a slot. Show how many AP we will need when we choose a team-up. I was surprised that a 1 cover 3* Cap ability still needed about the same number of AP as some 5 cover abilities. Yes, it's probably exactly the same number as the ability itself would need, but not everyone has that information at their fingertips. While you're at it, just show everything you'll end up seeing on screen when you're in the match. Show what team-ups the opposition has.
Before the match starts.

Get rid of team-ups.

That will do.

Comments

• I like the feature but pls let us delete it. Its so annoying to have team ups they cost 16 ev and they are just lvl 2 or 10....In the lighting round you get so many team ups in the first round and all useless. Pls fix it....So make the feature not fun.
  • How about a 2 turn countdown tile when a team up is activated. Since there is no way to stop the powers currently, this would at least give a chance.
  • Totally agree with the showing the info of the team-up when selecting them pre-match. Most players don't have every character with every ability.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I'm for the "Get rid of team ups" suggestion.

Or having the option to switch off team ups for both teams
  • I have two suggestions for Team-Ups.

1.) As you said, an option to delete team-ups would be good. I like the idea, but now I'm already cluttered by worthless team ups I can't save enough team-up AP to use.

2.) I'd like the game to remember what team-ups I had equipped previously. I'm getting the issue where I keep forgetting to equip my team-ups, meaning they aren't being useful.
  • My idea:

You get one character for your team-up. You get all of this character's legitimate powers, one TU of each, at the cover level and character level you have that character. Team-Ups are not stored or dropped; you just pick a character you're teaming up with for that particular match. They're essentially your fourth slot.

In PVP, the AI gets a random character from the player's roster. In PVE, the AI gets assigned someone, either randomly from a pre-set roster, or a single all-the-time one.
  • Snickity
    Snickity Posts: 39
    I like the idea of team ups, I feel like the execution is pretty disappointing so far. The video posted points to the fact that the intended system isn't fully implemented in game, but I'll throw out some ideas.

The Team ups should be a reflection of your roster, and TU tokens/covers should be given based on the team you took into battle, as a reward for using those characters. The resulting reward's overall level should be equal to the lesser of your character's level and the highest level on the opponent's team(to limit farming lowbies). It's cover level (1-5) should either be tied to your character's cover level or a progression system that automatically levels the skills as you use them, so the first X times you use Berserker Rage it'll be level 1 but then it will level up to level 2 for X uses and so on.

Special (not based on your team) team ups could be given as declared victory rewards (e.i. Crit Bonus/70 iso/100 iso/ 250 iso) and the daily rewards. So you could still get TU tokens that aren't based on your team, just not as many. I could see new character TUs being given out for the first couple battles of their inaugural event.

TUs in PvP should to be locked with the rest of your team for counters and defenses and they should be displayed during opponent selection, at least the skill if not the levels.

It goes without saying but if we're limited to 20 and given them after nearly every fight, we need to be able to get rid of the ones we don't want.

Thanks!
  • pure7734
    pure7734 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    There was a point in time when team ups showed what rank they were.  At some point this number badge was removed (not sure why).  There are a lot of powers that are substantially useless at lower ranks.  Generally having to read the text of the team up to determine what it's going to do is just cumbersome.  (EX: firing off GSBW's Sniper Rifle and only hitting one enemy instead of all, or doing an unexpectedly tiny amount of damage).  Either add back the rank to be visible, or just make all team ups rank 5, regardless of what rank they are at when sent (this would be my preference).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    pure7734 said:
    There was a point in time when team ups showed what rank they were.  At some point this number badge was removed (not sure why).  There are a lot of powers that are substantially useless at lower ranks.  Generally having to read the text of the team up to determine what it's going to do is just cumbersome.  (EX: firing off GSBW's Sniper Rifle and only hitting one enemy instead of all, or doing an unexpectedly tiny amount of damage).  Either add back the rank to be visible, or just make all team ups rank 5, regardless of what rank they are at when sent (this would be my preference).
    Wow. You should really have started a new thread for this. Nothing in the rest of this thread has any meaning anymore.