TU Tips

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So... while they take another one or two or more updates to improve it, share your tips about how to best use TU's. I'll start with a nice simple one.

You only have 20 slots and they will fill up.

It's sort of a pain, but each game fully equip all the spots, so you have the opportunity of using at least one. That way when you get a new one, there is the slot for it.

Personally, I have been using the "weakest" 3 that are available to me (just to get into the swing of things), but whatever works for you is fine. Maybe you want the 3 strongest and that's cool too. Or maybe you want to handpick each time (fiddly but useful) but again, go right ahead!

(Devs, maybe you can make the powers a list instead of large icons? Scrolling across a field of 20 isn't so fun).

(Having thought about it more, the 3 weakest strategy doesn't always feel the best when your enemy brings super good ones, but whatever...)

Comments

• hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    And Devs, in addition to implementing delete TU button, please make them stay in the slots just as boosts would if they are unused.

Also, would be good if they stay selected. It's quite time consuming when I have to re-select again when I go back one screen and back to the TU selection screen and all the selected TUs are gone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    And Devs, in addition to implementing delete TU button, please make them stay in the slots just as boosts would if they are unused.

Also, would be good if they stay selected. It's quite time consuming when I have to re-select again when I go back one screen and back to the TU selection screen and all the selected TUs are gone.

Yeah, but think of all the times you've accidentally used boosts on easy opponents because you've just clicked through from the last match without thinking. Maybe there just ought to be a 'confirm you are happy to use these TU/Boosts' pop-up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Simple. Reroll TU till it's fully tested, then relaunch.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you're fighting weak opponents, or opponents you don't want TUs for, don't use any up or you'll get one you''ll have to get rid of.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just started playing a few days ago, and I'm feeling like the noobiest noob to ever noob; doubly so with the changes. Does the number of covers(am I using that right?) matter, or can I assume that high level = strong? I assume if there's a glowing gem attached it means the TU is "boosted", but what does that mean, exactly? and how did the TU get that way?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GhostWolfe wrote:
    I just started playing a few days ago
    I envy you. For god's sake, pick a different game before you have too much invested in this one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And what about being able to "refuse" a TU reward...
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    GhostWolfe wrote:
    I just started playing a few days ago, and I'm feeling like the noobiest noob to ever noob; doubly so with the changes. Does the number of covers(am I using that right?) matter, or can I assume that high level = strong? I assume if there's a glowing gem attached it means the TU is "boosted", but what does that mean, exactly? and how did the TU get that way?

Covers matter on teamup powers. A 3 cover repulsor beam will do less damage than a 5 cover. Some covers add damage, some add effect... others add almost nothing. It depends what it is. The end product of a team-up power depends on both how many covers it has, and the character level on it. The assumption that higher numbers on both = strong is generally a safe one, tho I'm sure there will be exceptions. (loki illusions maybe?)

The glowing gem does indeed mean 'boosted'. Specific events are generally what adds the gem to a character, as they are 'powered-up' for the event. You'll get a list of who's powered up for the event just about everytime you click into it, and it carries for boosts with the character.

If you are new... either pick a different game as mentioned... or take the time to read through all the stickied threads in the tips and guides section. It will save you a LOT of time and headaches. If only I'd read the tip to spend hero points only on roster slots when I first started... sigh. lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not too worried about getting invested as this one only made it past the initial play session on accounts of the flashy graphics, I'm certainly not serious about playing, but it's a nice enough distraction. I usually have a couple of FTP games on cycle at a time, it's getting pretty easy to spot which currencies are the premium ones.