Prologue Peeling

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
You've done well against the seed teams and built up some points. But now, your Team-Up roster is choked full with a heap of useless team-ups. There is only one good way to get rid of them.

Yes, it's time to go into the Prologue to face some Goon teams, to cut down the heap. Prologue Peeling. By focusing on Team-Up tiles, you can finally get rid of that Control Shift.

By using Prologue Peeling between every match, you can maintain a mostly useful heap of Team-Up abilities.

Those that don't use Prologue Peeling will have a list of abilities like the following -- easy prey.

20 AP -- Ballistic Salvo -- IM40 (also drains 10AP from other colors, or 30 AP total)
14 AP -- Smash -- Hulk (often damages teammates, drains up to 10 green, for total cost 24 AP)
13 AP -- Unibeam -- IM40 (also drains 10AP from other colors, or 23 AP total)
19 AP -- Ultra-Freon Beam -- IM35
19 AP -- Sentinel of Liberty -- Captain America
18 AP -- Grant Invisibility -- Invisible Woman
18 AP -- Murderous Aim -- Bullseye
17 AP -- Control Shift -- Moonstone
15 AP -- X-Force -- Wolverine X
15 AP -- Enraged Slash -- Wolverine X
15 AP -- Trickery -- Loki
14 AP -- Recharge -- IM40
13 AP -- Switcheroo -- Bagman
12 AP -- Reprieve -- She Hulk
12 AP -- Web Bandages -- Spider Man
10 AP -- Recovery -- Wolverine X
_9 AP -- Web-Slinger -- Bagman
_7 AP -- Snarky Remark -- Bagman

((Yep, Battleplan is pretty good now))

Name changed from Prologue Heaping to Prologue Peeling at the suggestion of _RiO_.

Comments

• BrandonE
    BrandonE Posts: 51
    Options
    Wouldn't you have to fight a Bagman team to end up with those TU?

A new defensive tactic? Run Bagman and get avoided in order to avoid terrible TU drops?
  • Unknown
    Options
    You've done well against the seed teams and built up some points. But now, your Team-Up roster is choked full with a heap of useless team-ups. There is only one good way to get rid of them.

Yes, it's time to go into the Prologue to face some Goon teams, to cut down the heap. Prologue Heaping. By focusing on Team-Up tiles, you can finally get rid of that Control Shift.

By using Prologue Heaping between every match, you can maintain a mostly useful heap of Team-Up abilities.

Those that don't use Prologue Heaping will have a list of abilities like the following -- easy prey.

20 AP -- Ballistic Salvo -- IM40 (also drains 10AP from other colors, or 30 AP total)
    14 AP -- Smash -- Hulk (often damages teammates, drains up to 10 green, for total cost 24 AP)
    13 AP -- Unibeam -- IM40 (also drains 10AP from other colors, or 23 AP total)
    19 AP -- Ultra-Freon Beam -- IM35
    19 AP -- Sentinel of Liberty -- Captain America
    18 AP -- Grant Invisibility -- Invisible Woman
    18 AP -- Murderous Aim -- Bullseye
    17 AP -- Control Shift -- Moonstone
    15 AP -- X-Force -- Wolverine X
    15 AP -- Enraged Slash -- Wolverine X
    15 AP -- Trickery -- Loki
    14 AP -- Recharge -- IM40
    13 AP -- Switcheroo -- Bagman
    12 AP -- Reprieve -- She Hulk
    12 AP -- Web Bandages -- Spider Man
    10 AP -- Recovery -- Wolverine X
    _9 AP -- Battleplan -- Black Panther
    _9 AP -- Web-Slinger -- Bagman
    _7 AP -- Snarky Remark -- Bagman

Dammit Nonce, now they're just going to nerf Prologue Heaping, because it isn't fun to spend time grinding away in Prologue icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: Also, Battleplan is good now.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    Dammit Nonce, now they're just going to nerf Prologue Heaping, because it isn't fun to spend time grinding away in Prologue icon_e_smile.gif

We can only hope!
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:

We can only hope!

I dunno, they could just disable team-ups in Goon fights. Or in Prologue. True Team Ups!
  • Unknown
    Options
    (Assuming they create the rumored "gift Team Ups to alliance members.")

Alternative strategy - Team-up Dumping. Wherein you stealthily join public alliances in order to give away all your bad TUs, and then vanish into the night.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If they make an alliance stash, it could just get filled up with single cover 60th level sniper rifles.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I gotta disagree with you Nonce.

It should be called Prologue Dumping. As in, I'm dumping this heap of tinykitty.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I was going for the Prologue Healing / Prologue Heaping wordplay. But yes, Prologue Dumping is more descriptive.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok. That makes sense.

I totally missed the reference/connection. icon_redface.gif

My bad!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was going for the Prologue Healing / Prologue Heaping wordplay. But yes, Prologue Dumping is more descriptive.

Prologue Peeling. Peeling away the cruft from your team-ups.
    That work for you?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Rio's suggestion was so superior that I changed the thread title.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is totally not the place for this, but since Battleplan was mentioned it made me wonder: If you have 12+ TU AP and you use a Battleplan Team-Up does it "see" you having 12 TUAP or just whatever is left after launching the ability? I assume the latter, but you never know with these guys. Someone in my alliance said having the 12 AP creates 6 total tiles for a combined 1300 strength strike tiles, which is not how the ability reads to me, but is really ridiculous if that is the intended case.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Someone in my alliance said having the 12 AP creates 6 total tiles for a combined 1300 strength strike tiles, which is not how the ability reads to me, but is really ridiculous if that is the intended case.
    False. Confirmed it just now with a 5/3/5 max BP: only 3 strikes, each with 260 damage. But, you keep the TUAP, a la Falcon's blue-monitoring passive.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So do you think they'll enable a feature on the team ups where you can discard team ups?? Like the trash bin for team ups? That should be an easy patch fix right? Right???
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Someone in my alliance said having the 12 AP creates 6 total tiles for a combined 1300 strength strike tiles, which is not how the ability reads to me, but is really ridiculous if that is the intended case.
    False. Confirmed it just now with a 5/3/5 max BP: only 3 strikes, each with 260 damage. But, you keep the TUAP, a la Falcon's blue-monitoring passive.

Multiple people have reported it, including some in my alliance. They say it doesn't always happen, but happens sometimes.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    mohio wrote:

I actually just used Battleplan in a match earlier today and it was AMAZING!!!!! So I had the 12 TUAP and then used Battleplan. What happened next was glorious. My BP has level 5 Yellow and is at level 117, so he created 3 strike tiles at strength 130. But since I also had the 12 TUAP, he created 3 more strike tiles, but these were for 195!! If this stays the way it is and isn't fixed, BP might become the best character in the game!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I may have to start teaming 3* IM with Moonstone as a defensive move. Ridiculous!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I do not always peel on MPQ, but when I do, I prefer Prologue.

I gotta learn to do memes, that would have better, not good, but better
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Multiple people have reported it, including some in my alliance. They say it doesn't always happen, but happens sometimes.
    Nellyson wrote:
    I actually just used Battleplan in a match earlier today and it was AMAZING!!!!! So I had the 12 TUAP and then used Battleplan. What happened next was glorious. My BP has level 5 Yellow and is at level 117, so he created 3 strike tiles at strength 130. But since I also had the 12 TUAP, he created 3 more strike tiles, but these were for 195!! If this stays the way it is and isn't fixed, BP might become the best character in the game!
    Ah, fair enough.

That's a curious bug, and puts BP Y firmly within Berserker Rage territory.... with no downside. Cray-cray.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nellyson wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    mohio wrote:

And suddenly I'm ridiculously happy that out of all the covers I got sofar to build up BP, I got 5 yellow already. Go, go suitable 2* Daken replacement.