PVP brackets

Options
Guys is it just me or the PVP bracket is getting complicated these days?
Oky so these are the results got
Start with 2 days left:rating-903-rank18
Start with 24 hours left:rating-943-rank12
I mean before I get rank 3-5 with only 800-850
Any tips for me?
And how's your brackets?

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You're not alone, many of us experienced a high level of competition in our brackets...
    ... while it seems that easy brackets still exists, but they are not for us! icon_exclaim.gif

see: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13269
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok, but I don't even have a 166 character. I only have 2 characters that are lvl 105-130. (Cap and sentry).
  • DrNitroman
    Options
    keantan wrote:
    Ok, but I don't even have a 166 character. I only have 2 characters that are lvl 105-130. (Cap and sentry).

It's probably based more on your previous successes in PvPs than on the levels of your characters.
    But honestly, I can just guess because the underlying mechanisms and rules of this game are not really obvious! icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    You're not alone, many of us experienced a high level of competition in our brackets...
    ... while it seems that easy brackets still exists, but they are not for us! icon_exclaim.gif

see: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13269

I take issue with the term "easy." Having a bracket that is based on randomness and/or entry time, are "fair" brackets. Brackets that push the most powerful teams together are not random, and by definition "unfair" brackets. If you get in a bracket without insane scoring that does not mean it was an easy bracket, it means you were in a sane bracket, and probability dictates there should be some of these brackets.

The reason that cheaters are frowned upon is that they have an artificially created competitive advanatage which puts others at an artificially created disadvantage. People have less fun and there is less fairness when there are cheaters.

The reason I detest nudgin/sharding/death brackets is the same one. Brackets are being being artificially created to give some players a competitive advantage and others a competitive disadvantage. This creates an environment in which there is no fairness and there is less fun overall by players.

With all that MPQ has greatly improved, it's known that MMR is still not working optimally (to say the least). Therefore, this nuding/sharding is amplifying the problem. It is more paramount until MMR is fixed that other facets of PVP events be as fair and unbiased as possible to assist in making up for the deficiencies of MMR. This was happening until Season 4 started. Now if you look around, you have new and older rosters both complaining because the sharding/nudging is not working correctly this season.
  • DrNitroman
    Options
    I take issue with the term "easy." Having a bracket that is based on randomness and/or entry time, are "fair" brackets.
    I agree with your analysis above entirely.
    'Easy' was not the most appropriate term, I just wanted to make a quick response.

However, cynically speaking, compared to an insane bracket a fair one becomes an easy one! icon_mrgreen.gif