Viewing AP for ready to use power tiles

Options
I love almost everything about the new update but I really miss seeing the AP count when I click on a shiny tile.
I would much rather have to double tap a power to activate it and see the AP of that color, as it was previously, than
have to continuously swipe the top banner to see how much more blue AP I need to activate ultra-freon beam instead of widow's sting.
It was a good idea and I see why you guys put in the one click go button but we lost too much to get it!

Comments

• I agree and already made a comment about this under the patch post so I'll just quote myself here (lol):
    hogunner wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Noted. We're still giving that info out through the bar on the left of the heroes, but naturally this is a change in the way you've been viewing information.

In addition to the cons already stated against this change, for characters with powers like Storm (Classic)'s Lightning Storm, where her power is more effective the more green tiles you have, it is a huge pain to have to first look at what power is causing the flashing, then to exit out, open up the side menu, see if you have enough green tiles to get the result from the power that you want, then select the tile again and then use it. It greatly complicates the flow and there doesn't seem to be a benefit for removing this information from the power usage screen. On slow devices such as I have (iPhone 3GS, what? what?!), every additional screen we have to click through really slows down the battle and makes the whole process frustrating. Please return this feature unless there is some compelling reason it was removed (in which case, please let us know what that reason is as I can't think of one).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I totally agree. Due to the new behavior, I have accidentally activated the wrong power more than once.
  • I also concur. I enjoyed the old system Way more. Certain characters such as venom/spiderman save up on AP before spamming skills. I hate the swiping and would like it to be always available. I have also misclicked certain skills with this new system. Probably have an option that can eb selected for"Automatic skill selection"? I know I would turn mine off right away.
  • I don't really like the new user interface where they suggest the next skill to use. The AI seems to guessing my moves wrongly quite often. I'll much rather see the AP I have accrued, and to decide which skill to use.

It's a pain having to do that left swipe to see the AP stocks.
  • Bombul wrote:
    I don't really like the new user interface where they suggest the next skill to use. The AI seems to guessing my moves wrongly quite often. I'll much rather see the AP I have accrued, and to decide which skill to use.

It's a pain having to do that left swipe to see the AP stocks.

I agree that at least 90% of the time (rough estimate), the game gets it wrong and guesses the wrong skill therefore it's actually wasting my time not saving me time. Please reverse this devs! Thanks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dr_Nachin wrote:
    I also concur. I enjoyed the old system Way more. Certain characters such as venom/spiderman save up on AP before spamming skills. I hate the swiping and would like it to be always available. I have also misclicked certain skills with this new system. Probably have an option that can eb selected for"Automatic skill selection"? I know I would turn mine off right away.

Seconded.
  • Thirded....
  • Fourthd....heck they are right. Put me on the list that thinks it is not realy an improvement.
  • Please revert back to the old UI. Things were so much better then. I find myself clicking on the wrong skills, and going through all that extra steps just to see how many AP of a certain colour I have got.

Not to mention, the AI insists on suggesting the wrong skills to use.
  • Bombul wrote:
    Please revert back to the old UI. Things were so much better then. I find myself clicking on the wrong skills, and going through all that extra steps just to see how many AP of a certain colour I have got.

Agreed; it's still my least favorite thing about the last patch. Remember you can submit an ingame feedback email about your dislike of this change if you haven't already. (Hint, hint!) icon_e_wink.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    Bombul wrote:
    Please revert back to the old UI. Things were so much better then. I find myself clicking on the wrong skills, and going through all that extra steps just to see how many AP of a certain colour I have got.

Agreed; it's still my least favorite thing about the last patch. Remember you can submit an ingame feedback email about your dislike of this change if you haven't already. (Hint, hint!) icon_e_wink.gif

Ok, will do. But I'm sure they are already aware of this issue.
  • Bombul wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Bombul wrote:

Ok, will do. But I'm sure they are already aware of this issue.

Oh I'm sure they are,too but these types of non-game-breaking issues all compete with each other for what little developer time (I can only imagine) there is that they can spare. As such, if the player base is very vocal about one issue vs another, chances are the vocal issue will get taken care of first (squeaky wheel and all that). Grant there can be other factors that influence this (in general) such as estimated time to fix and overall development strategy for the game.

With that said (and this is directed at the general playing public at large, not specifically at you, Bombul), please don't spam the feedback system as that will just make things worse; one well written request per player is more than enough per issue. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I agree. I also can no longer see damage unless I check the cards which is more of a hassle. I usually like to calculate damage of my attacks and plan accordingly.