Auto-qualification to elite tourneys

It would be nice if you added auto-qualification to future elite tourneys by winning or placing in the top X (10?) of another pvp or pve tourney.

This way, top players would definitely be in the elite tourneys, and having players already in there would encourage those people to get other people into the tourney. Psychologically, other players would want to join in, not wanting to be left behind other elites. It would also add another layer of visibility to the elite tourneys. It may also encourage particular people to play harder in PVP tourneys to try to get a 'free' entry into the next elite tourney.

Comments

• This is just rich get richer.

Along the same line though, anyone finishing in the top 5 in a PvP all go to the same bracket for the next PvP. I'm sure it would be a source of pride amongst many posters in here to see how many consecutive top 5 finishes they could manage and it would open up a few more spots in every reward tier for developing players in the non Champions bracket
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    papa07 wrote:
    This is just rich get richer.

Along the same line though, anyone finishing in the top 5 in a PvP all go to the same bracket for the next PvP. I'm sure it would be a source of pride amongst many posters in here to see how many consecutive top 5 finishes they could manage and it would open up a few more spots in every reward tier for developing players in the non Champions bracket
    I'm sure the guys making t5 on 750 points will love being put into a bracket with every single person of the top 25 alliances, yeah.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    If I'm understanding this right, you're proposing a Satellite Tourney system for the existing Elite Tourneys, like the World Series of Poker has?

If so, I'd suggest using Lightning Rounds, rather than standard PVP events. Between Seasons, Alliances, and the prize structure, people really don't need another reason to pull on their try-hard pants for regular PVP events.

Asides from that, I think it's an interesting idea.