With the new patch, is it smart to start all over from new?

Options
A lot of folks were done with a lot of the campaigns, is it worth it to go back and start from scratch? Assuming we haven't made any purchases yet.

Comments

• liquidsky wrote:
    A lot of folks were done with a lot of the campaigns, is it worth it to go back and start from scratch? Assuming we haven't made any purchases yet.

I think that's a personal choice and no right or wrong answer; it depends on how far you've progressed and if it's worth it to you to redo all that progress. If you had very many covers before the patch you most likely don't want to start over as you most likely received an effective bonus for those covers during the level conversion. Still if you want to, go for it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    liquidsky wrote:

I think that's a personal choice and no right or wrong answer; it depends on how far you've progressed and if it's worth it to you to redo all that progress. If you had very many covers before the patch you most likely don't want to start over as you most likely received an effective bonus for those covers during the level conversion. Still if you want to, go for it. icon_e_smile.gif

Yea I'm sitting here weighing my options, I ultimately ripped the phone out of my friend's hands and tried a fresh roll to see whats up haha.
  • Probably not, you won't get all those rewards from the tournaments you've participated in before if you start over. Plus, grinding out the campaign mode is a pain, even if there are different rewards now
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    The rewards seem a lot worse now (up to 75% of 3rd map) , so it doesn't look worth it. Unless there is a benefit to health packs I'm not aware of (winning one if you already have the max of 4, for instance)
  • uuddlrlr wrote:
    The rewards seem a lot worse now (up to 75% of 3rd map) , so it doesn't look worth it. Unless there is a benefit to health packs I'm not aware of (winning one if you already have the max of 4, for instance)

Just a minor correction, the max of 4 only applies to the free ones that build up; I'm pretty sure you can now earn or buy up to 10 at a time. From the patch notes:
    IceIX wrote:
    "- New Agents will now start with 10 Health Packs.
    o Agents may gain more Health Packs through missions or requisitioning for Hero Points, but S.H.I.E.L.D. will only resupply up to 4 at any time. If an Agent has more than 4, S.H.I.E.L.D. supply officers assume that the Agent has things covered and take a brief break from scrounging up more supplies.

I have yet to win a health pack so I don't know for sure how it works but since your first 4 will regenerate over time (just like it used to work), it seems a waste to earn any health packs unless you've already got the 4 earnable ones in reserve (since otherwise I'm guessing the earned one just replaces one of the regen ones and is essentially wasted).
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    hogunner wrote:
    I have yet to win a health pack so I don't know for sure how it works but since your first 4 will regenerate over time (just like it used to work), it seems a waste to earn any health packs unless you've already got the 4 earnable ones in reserve (since otherwise I'm guessing the earned one just replaces one of the regen ones and is essentially wasted).

Pretty much correct. You can get as many Health Packs over 4 as you want. You just won't have a regen timer until you dip below 4.
  • IceIX wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

Pretty much correct. You can get as many Health Packs over 4 as you want. You just won't have a regen timer until you dip below 4.

Ah so 10 isn't the limit then; interesting. Any chance we'll be able to purchase more than 5 heals at a time (for a steep discount of course heehee) in the near future? Me and my 1000 heals will own the next tournament! MuhaHaHAHA! icon_twisted.gif