Level cap by skill distribution

Options
mischiefmaker
mischiefmaker Posts: 932
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
The last call for community spading went so well, I decided to start another one!

This time, I'd like to collect data on the level cap by skill distribution. That is, if you have a 3/2/1 character and you'd like him to have as high of a level cap as possible, are you better off making him a 4/2/1, a 3/3/1, or a 3/2/2 (assuming you're indifferent as to the skills themselves)?

You can find the spreadsheet here.

Comments

• I was wondering about this myself so many times icon_e_smile.gif Let's see how I can help...

And yeah, community in here is really great with helping in projects icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I was the one you had a lengthy discussion with in the excel file icon_e_smile.gif
  • btw this is hard to do now with a lot of having max covers lol
  • I think I added all missing combinations and sorted them for easy finding icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Is it confirmed that you end up with a different max level on 2/2/0 vs 2/1/1? That seems weird since I guess I assumed the level cap depends on the value of X in X out of 13 power slots. Although that would explain the Level 38 cap for a 4* with 2/2/0 which is the same as the 4* at 1/1/1. Although, I still feel like that's wrong. I've added my values.

Edit: Proofreading...
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Warning: nerd alert!

By the way: some of you may be wondering why I keep using the term "spading". If you are a super video game geek and/or the kind of person who likes taking personality tests, you may be interested to know that it comes from the Bartle test, which is a personality test geared for gamers.

According to the test, there are four aspects of gaming personality:
    - Achievers (you like getting the highest score, beating the game, and optimizing for best results)
    - Explorers (you like finding things and figuring out how things work)
    - Socializers (you like helping other people and being part of the community)
    - Killers (you like defeating other people and/or griefing them)

To make them easier to remember, the four aspects are also referred to as suits of cards:
    - Achievers are diamonds, because diamonds are perfect
    - Explorers are spades, because spades are shovels, which are used to unearth hidden things
    - Socializers are hearts, because socializers have big hearts
    - Killers are clubs, because you use clubs to hit things

Take the test here!
  • NFHQ43 wrote:
    Is it confirmed that you end up with a different max level on 2/2/0 vs 2/1/1? That seems weird since I guess I assumed the level cap depends on the value of X in X out of 13 power slots. Also, I feel like that Although that would explain the Level 38 cap for a 4* with 2/2/0 which is the same as the 4* at 1/1/1. Although, I still feel like that's wrong. I've added my values.

I am sure that first point in each skill is worth less levels than following points.
  • Warning: nerd alert!

By the way: some of you may be wondering why I keep using the term "spading". If you are a super video game geek and/or the kind of person who likes taking personality tests, you may be interested to know that it comes from the Bartle test, which is a personality test geared for gamers.

- Achievers (you like getting the highest score, beating the game, and optimizing for best results)

To make them easier to remember, the four aspects are also referred to as suits of cards:
    - Explorers are spades, because spades are shovels, which are used to unearth hidden things

Take the test here!

Thanks for the warning. Incredibly nerdy.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    NFHQ43 wrote:
    Is it confirmed that you end up with a different max level on 2/2/0 vs 2/1/1? That seems weird since I guess I assumed the level cap depends on the value of X in X out of 13 power slots. Also, I feel like that Although that would explain the Level 38 cap for a 4* with 2/2/0 which is the same as the 4* at 1/1/1. Although, I still feel like that's wrong. I've added my values.

The distribution definitely matters -- from my own roster I can confirm that 3/0/0 is different from 2/1/0.
  • Another great info thread, thanks for making these spreadsheets. Added data from my roster to the list.
  • Quick observation for 3-stars:
    1/0/0 = 15
    1/1/1 = 20
    1 to 2 = +10
    after that = +13
  • I can tell you this:

On 3 stars:
    0->1 is 3 levels
    1->2 is ? levels (I never paid notice on this one, sorry)
    2->3 is 12 levels
    3->4 is 13 levels
    4->5 is 13 levels
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Ranzera wrote:
    I can tell you this:

On 3 stars:
    0->1 is 3 levels
    2->3 is 12 levels
    3->4 is 13 levels
    4->5 is 13 levels

Hm. This seems really close, but it's not quite right. I know that 1/0/0 to 2/0/0 is worth 10 (15 to 25), but if we put that in there, both 5/4/4 and 5/5/3 would level cap at 139, rather than 141. We know that 3/0/0 caps at 38, so perhaps 2->3 is 13 levels? That's close too, but then it doesn't fit the data for 2/1/1 (predicted 31, actual 30) and some other entries.
    Quick observation for 3-stars:
    1/0/0 = 15
    1/1/1 = 20
    1 to 2 = +10
    after that = +13

Also close, but it doesn't match the data for 2/2/1 (predicted 40, actually 41) and 4/1/0 (predicted 54, actually 53) and some others.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Added one or two values. Went to add info for 2/3/1 3*** and noticed you accidentally left off all 2/3/x varieties. Just a heads up. 2/3/1 is 53 if you wanna plug it in after adjusting.

Edit: actually, it looks like the values for the second and third skill never exceed that of the first in your chart. So while 3/3/3 exists, 3/4/5 does not..nor does 1/5/1 or in my case 2/3/1.

Double edit: unless we are assuming that the color doesn't matter..in which case the chart is fine. So my 2/3/1 would be 3/2/1.
  • Warning: nerd alert!

Take the test here!

Spading makes me think of digging in Zelda, not that I ever dug up every grass spot on the screen...
  • I can confirm that 2/2/1 and 1/2/2 are the same max level, fwiw
  • Quick observation for 3-stars:
    1/0/0 = 15
    1/1/1 = 20
    1 to 2 = +10
    after that = +13

Also close, but it doesn't match the data for 2/2/1 (predicted 40, actually 41) and 4/1/0 (predicted 54, actually 53) and some others.

There is a weird hiccup in there. Since it corrects itself, it doesn't seem to fit a model well. However, I think they did it so 2,2,1 and 3,1,0 would be equal. I don't know why. Then 4,1,0 and 3,2,1 are equalized as well. For 3,2,1, this is fixing the bumb from before, but it drags 4,1,0 down with it for some reason. Still this model is the closest without writing each individual number down.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I can tell you this:

On 3 stars:
    0->1 is 3 levels
    2->3 is 12 levels
    3->4 is 13 levels
    4->5 is 13 levels

Hm. This seems really close, but it's not quite right. I know that 1/0/0 to 2/0/0 is worth 10 (15 to 25), but if we put that in there, both 5/4/4 and 5/5/3 would level cap at 139, rather than 141. We know that 3/0/0 caps at 38, so perhaps 2->3 is 13 levels? That's close too, but then it doesn't fit the data for 2/1/1 (predicted 31, actual 30) and some other entries.

0 to 1 is from memory, but I recently paid attention while upgrading Godlike Power for Ragnarok. The other 3 upgrades are gospel, at least for 2 power 3 star characters.
  • The offsets by 1 are prolly due to rounding.
  • Double edit: unless we are assuming that the color doesn't matter..in which case the chart is fine. So my 2/3/1 would be 3/2/1.

Yes, that's the assumption... if we are to list all combinations including colour variations... let's just say the list would be really long icon_razz.gif