New matchmaking system

Options
Just wanted to note that the new matchmaking system is fantastic, at least from my perspective. I hope it is working as intended.

A few weeks ago, my 2* roster was constantly being matched against maxed or near maxed 3* teams. And although I could win most of the time with careful play, my team would get demolished in the process and I could only play a match or two at most before the several hour wait while my A-team recovered. And then, in my bracket, I would be lucky to crack top-150, making it impossible to accumulate 3* covers.

Now I am being matched, more fairly, against other 2* teams. I'm also getting reasonable point totals for winning (35+ in many instances), and I can now climb the bracket leaderboard in a reasonable amount of time without having to check my iphone to play every 30-60 minutes. I was able to place top 10 for the first time ever in pvp, and am currently doing well in the one going on now.

So whatever you guys changed, thanks. I was about to quit the game because I literally could not progress, and I can't emphasize enough how much more fun this current system is.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I wish I was playing on your system. No changes in this 2 star land, just a huge struggle to stay in the top-100 and a massive wall of 166s if I peek my head over 600 points
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still getting walls of level 130+ 3* characters. From my perspective it's actually gotten a lot worse.

I've attempted tanking, but all it gets me is two or three matches against my peers (a max 2* team, optionally with one 3* up to level 110 or so) before going right back to walls of 130+ 3*s.
    PvP is downright unplayable and as a European player PvE is an automatic kick&ban from the top 100, as I'm unable to play the final few hours in the major PvE events that matter most.

Right now, I'm surviving and building on random awards.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not exactly thrilled with the matchmaking system myself. I recently paid for some coins which I used to buy some cover packs. I pulled a decent group, selling some covers and keeping others to build with. It seemed that as soon as I started playing with these new higher-leveled characters, my opposition got leveled up as well.

I understand the idea of fairness in a game like this, however, frankly speaking, I paid real money in order to have an advantage, as I thought that this boost could land me in the top 10 more frequently. This advantage immediately evaporated due to the match-making. I used to rank in the top 25 (with an all 1* team), and occasionally top 10, with my highest rank being 2nd a few times. I am struggling now to obtain a top 100 finish with a 2* and 3* team, which is extremely unfair.

I used to start a PVP tourney by battling several matches in a row against opponents that were using all characters under level 10, so I could start with a decent amount of points. I now start tourneys against level 40-50 characters. I can still beat them, but I need to use health packs more frequently. Then, as others have pointed out, I'd hit a wall of maxed out 3* teams and not be able to progress any further.

As a person who's put money into this game for the sole purpose of gaining an advantage, this has turned out quite the opposite, and is definitely deterring me from paying further.

On a side note, is it just me or is the 'skip' function broken. It constantly skips back to people I have already skipped, sometimes even just 2 or 3 before.