D3/DU Staff: Where can we find you here consistently?

Options
BearVenger
BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I do appreciate IceIX, Demiurge_Will, and LakeStone contributing to this online community, I really do, and I respect that this is an important week in Las Vegas for the entire company. You have helped clarify the company's positions and directions. You show us what your priorities are and what input is valuable to you.

But it seems as though you (the collective you) pop in as you see fit, address a thread, get busy/bored, and then vanish back to the RL world, leaving threads and speculation in your wake.

In this folder, there are three threads stickied to the top because a demiurge/d3 employee posted in them and then walked away. I appreciate the canon posts, but I wish there were some consistency in your presence.

I'm glad you saw the need for an online manager, but by the same token, I would hope he/she is a regular, interactive presence with some.autonomy and authority and not simply a mouthpiece when d3 has a press release. If he/she is not able to address/clarify/relay information and create an official presence, then I don't think there will be much worth in his/her effort.

The threads that were addressed and then orphaned just seem like toys that were cool for an afternoon and then fell out of favor (great, someone cue up Sarah McLachlan. Thanks, BearVenger).

I appreciate the communication, but I don't think random pop-ins have left a great impression that d3 values the forum. I don't particularly like sifting through a thread or the "Recent posts by" links to see if y'all have added anything since last week.

Please consider having a consistent, predictable online presence and location. Thank you.

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel a meme coming on...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually that's a good point. The PR person they're talking about hiring is for D3: the publisher, not demiurge: the developer. On completely opposite corners of the country. So they might not necessarily be kept in the loop as much as would be expected
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pretty typical for publishers to handle PR for games, rather than the developers. However, my experience is that having an in-house community manager at the developer who works as a go-between for everyone (publisher, developer, and community) is almost always a better scenario for all parties involved, and I do not consider this particularly good news for us as far as getting good, timely information with a human touch goes. We're much more likely to get sluggishly delivered regurgitated company-line nonsense from someone who works for the publisher's PR department (believe me, I've heard more than my share over the years), but I'm prepared to be proven wrong.
  • RoughDawgs23
    RoughDawgs23 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice post bear way to be a community advocate I hope they see this
  • Unknown
    Options
    After rereading this thread I feel like I should amend my previous post somewhat, as it came off harsher than I intended. I have met a lot of PR reps in my day, and some of them are very good at their jobs. The best ones make you feel like you got all the information you wanted while still controlling that information per whatever their corporate agenda might be (and they all have one). The worst ones might as well be robots for all you get out of them, which is what I was getting at before in my own special salty way. Here's hoping we get the former and not the later. I do wish they were hiring someone who would actually be in the same zip code as where the game is made, but beggars can't be choosers and the truth is any kind of increase in the dissemination of information around here will be a welcome improvement.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Actually, it's Demiurge hiring a CM.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    How do you figure? He mentioned LA, which is where D3 is. DU is in mass.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    fidsah wrote:
    How do you figure? He mentioned LA, which is where D3 is. DU is in mass.

Because the Marvel Puzzle Quest Team is Demiurge, not a Japanese publisher.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    Because the Marvel Puzzle Quest Team is Demiurge, not a Japanese publisher.

D3Publisher is located in Los Angeles, CA. For more information, please visit www.d3publisher.us.

D3Publisher, Inc., is owned by Bandai Namco Games, Inc.