Top 50 Most Memorable Covers of the Marvel Age

Options
Was browsing for comic book cover art and found this interesting article (http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/12/27/the-top-50-most-memorable-covers-of-the-marvel-age-master-list/#more-97781)

Starting at #50 is Captain America

marvelage17.jpg

Check out the link for the rest of the covers. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these covers used for future releases.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Interesting list. Thanks for posting. I'm not enough of a comic book aficionado anymore to rate how comprehensive or good that list is, but there are some good ones in there (along with a bunch I don't really care for). I know I have a few of them in my collection somewhere, the Infinity Gauntlet #1 and the Iron Man Demon in a Bottle for sure. That whole story arc in IM is just brutal, one of the things that really elevated comics above "oh snap, that dude just got blasted!" to something that could be a little more thought provoking for me as a youngster. Good writing is good writing, even if it comes with pictures. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    33. X-Men #138 » This one should fit like a glove on Cyclops.

26. Spider-Man #1 » Fantastic!

20 Incredible Hulk #340 » Also really cool!

48. Silver Surfer #1 » Marvelous, couldn't be better!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link!

I hadn't seen most of those before, but then I was never much of a comics-geek.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Now thats a trip down memory lane, since there were at least 2 covers from inside that list i used to own, infact i wonder if they are still lying around somewhere icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Houtro wrote:
    Except #33 says Exit Cyclops icon_e_biggrin.gif

Eh. Most of those covers are too cheesy with extra cheese on top, for modern age, of course.
    *runs away from nostalgic geeks*

The Jim Lee X-Men one is my favourite from the list...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got all the covers for #21
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Needs to have #5 for Spidey now icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty much every cover from the final arc of "the Phoenix Saga" was there. Not surprising. icon_e_smile.gif

Awesome set of covers. Thanks for posting!
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Houtro wrote:
    Except #33 says Exit Cyclops icon_e_biggrin.gif

Eh. Most of those covers are too cheesy with extra cheese on top, for modern age, of course.
    *runs away from nostalgic geeks*

The Jim Lee X-Men one is my favourite from the list...

icon_e_biggrin.gif Yes exactly, He will exit to the game!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not so sure that ASM #252 (spot #44) should be on the list. Its a pretty obvious homage to Amazing Fantasy #15 (#1).

Ditto for X-men #1 (#21) and (Uncanny) X-men #1 (#11). They're a little farther part although Lee did his best (worst?) to suck the life out of the image.
  • Heaka75
    Heaka75 Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This cover is awesome. I keep hoping Thanos gets into the game.
    1586ngi.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Heaka75 wrote:
    This cover is awesome. I keep hoping Thanos gets into the game.
    1586ngi.jpg

Maybe as a boss character? Or as a Dev-only level 270 character to wipe out the masses and piss everyone on the forum off icon_lol.gif