Back into the fray!

Options
optimiza
optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I took two seasons off because of burnout and it was wondrous to play other things that I had been curious about and to in general have an MPQ-free life. I had been keeping up with the forums out of general interest and initially had to really keep myself from re-installing the game because of excitement about new characters and to check out some of the new changes, like the level shift and True Healing (TM). Near the end of the 3rd season, I was pretty convinced - I had quit cold turkey and my addiction had been healed.

Then, by accident (or maybe not?) I hit a few buttons too quickly and my autofilled browser brought me back to the forums. My curiosity led me to the general forums, where some people were praising the "Balance of Power" PVP, and that season 4 had not yet started. It seemed really interesting, and my girlfriend was out of town for a week or so, so I figured it would be interesting to take my max-boosted MStorm and MHawkeye out for a spin to do some damage. After getting a few good matches in, my tinyDaken got smashed up from MHawkeye using him as a bullet sponge and my MStorm went down shortly afterwards since she can't tank worth ****!

True Healing (TM) and my general pride made it such that I didn't want to use health packs, so I was looking for the next man up! Who else has a good black skill?!?! GET OVER HERE DOOM! OH ****, mega cascade into Call the Storm! I hate that guy. NEXT MAN UP! GET OVER HERE MOONSTONE YOU SEXY BEAST WITH WEIRD FINGERS! NEXT MAN UP! GET OVER HERE 5/1/2 GSBW WHO WILL PROBABLY NOT SURVIVE TO USE YOUR SNIPER RIFLE (I was right!).

2 hours later, it was the most fun I had had with the game in a really long time. My roster was also pretty much depleted so I was forced to take a break. Ironically I also found that True Healing (TM) still makes the prologue a good place for Patch and Daken to get well. Though I also got screwed and Daken OD'ed on a yellow-poor board. Oops.

Now, season 4 had started, and after running a top 5 on Fresh Cut (with 611 points!) and a current top 5 on Iso-8, the addiction seems to be back.

Damn you, MPQ, damn you to hell.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Welcome bacK!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

Shameless plug time: you looking for new alliance?
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

Shameless plug time: you looking for new alliance?

I'm not unfortunately, as I just got picked up with one after posting on the singles topic (sounds kinda awkward when I put it that way). Best of luck to you though!