How can you lose around 200 point in a 5 or so min span?

Options
Seriously, how can I be attacked so many times in less than 5 mins and lose them all. I know this game is ridiculously stupid most of the time, but stuff like this is very trying. No matter how many battles I win, against the cheating comp, I can't get anywhere. Who programs this stuff? As I type this I'm still losing battles. No point in playing anymore.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    When you hit a certain number of points you become a target for a much wider array of people. Depending on who you're using on your team you may be scary enough to encourage some of them to skip attacking you. But get enough points and no team is too scary not to go after, and you're going to get hit. A lot. Your choices at this point are to buy a shield, which will protect you from attacks for a period of time, or to take your beating and lose a lot of points.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yes, I know how it works. I saying how stupid it is. You play one or two matches and you lose 5 or more in the same period of time. What is the point of playing the stupid game if you can't do anything. This event set every hero you have at max level to 270; the basic characters are extremely powerful. Who is scared of any matchup? The damage is done, and in such a short period. What would shielding accomplish now?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't attack players who have fewer points than me. If I can ring 35+ points on a match, I will. If I can get 40+ in a matchup, I'll plow 3 Nick Furies for it.

In the meantime, there's legions of folks with fewer points than me with the same mentality. Swiming in the shark tank, that's the life of PvP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not complaining about PvP. I have no problems with PvP, although I wouldn't call this **** PvP since the computer controls one side and you can get attacked so many times at pretty much the same time. This is about losing so much in so little time and there is not a single thing you can do about it.

I also focus on people with more points, but I get sick of just sitting there skipping and all they give you is matches that are around 20 or less.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Capulous wrote:
    I'm not complaining about PvP. I have no problems with PvP, although I wouldn't call this **** PvP since the computer controls one side and you can get attacked so many times at pretty much the same time. This is about losing so much in so little time and there is not a single thing you can do about it.

There is something you can do about it. You can buy a shield. It's part of how they make money off this game. If you don't want to buy a shield, then don't. But then you face the consequences. That's how this game works, like it or not. If you don't intend to shield you need to factor that into how and when you try to climb in the standings, because you're going to take hits.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So...basically you want to be able to attack everyone else with high points over and over again in the final 3 hours, but don't think it should apply to you?

Use a shield or get used to it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Capulous wrote:

There is something you can do about it. You can buy a shield. It's part of how they make money off this game. If you don't want to buy a shield, then don't. But then you face the consequences. That's how this game works, like it or not. If you don't intend to shield you need to factor that into how and when you try to climb in the standings, because you're going to take hits.

How are you going to buy a shield in the middle of a battle genius? I fought a battle and the comp lost a few battles during that time, fought another and more losses after I come out of the battle. Yea, I could have not unshielded and just stayed at my rank, but I play this game to actually play. Yea, I lost a bunch a battles when I was fighting others; what can you do about it? Play during certain times when there is less people playing, yea I can play at certain times and I play at those times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So...basically you want to be able to attack everyone else with high points over and over again in the final 3 hours, but don't think it should apply to you?

Use a shield or get used to it.

Really? It is about being attacked so many times in such a small period of time there is nothing you can do about it. There are shields? Really? Do tell.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Capulous wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:

How are you going to buy a shield in the middle of a battle genius? I fought a battle and the comp lost a few battles during that time, fought another and more losses after I come out of the battle. Yea, I could have not unshielded and just stayed at my rank, but I play this game to actually play. Yea, I lost a bunch a battles when I was fighting others; what can you do about it? Play during certain times when there is less people playing, yea I can play at certain times and I play at those times.

First of all, take a deep breath. You're pissed. Understandable. But you came here asking questions like you didn't know what was going on and now you're lashing out at the people trying to give you answers. And now you're answering your own questions. Yes, you can try to play at off-peek times. You can try using better defensive teams. You can try climbing quickly with hard hitting offensive teams and then shielding. There are ways to play where you can minimize your loses. But the bottom line here is that what you're raging about it just simply the rules of the game, and they're the same rules that everyone else is playing with as well. You can either adapt and learn to work the system the best you can, or you can walk away. Or you can keep doing what you're doing and just be really mad. That's your choice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Capulous wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:

First of all, take a deep breath. You're pissed. Understandable. But you came here asking questions like you didn't know what was going on and now you're lashing out at the people trying to give you answers. And now you're answering your own questions. Yes, you can try to play at off-peek times. You can try using better defensive teams. You can try climbing quickly with hard hitting offensive teams and then shielding. There are ways to play where you can minimize your loses. But the bottom line here is that what you're raging about it just simply the rules of the game, and they're the same rules that everyone else is playing with as well. You can either adapt and learn to work the system the best you can, or you can walk away. Or you can keep doing what you're doing and just be really mad. That's your choice.

Actually, I am just taking it off your tone. I know what's going on, and I posted this here to complain to the devs or someone associated with the game/company so they can look at some of this stuff and decide if they want to do anything about it. Stop talking down to other people and they won't respond as such. You continue to do so in this post. If you don't like it; don't read it, don't respond to it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The devs are going to do absolutely nothing about this. They WANT you to buy more shields and health packs. That's how they make their money.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The devs are going to do absolutely nothing about this. They WANT you to buy more shields and health packs. That's how they make their money.

I understand that; but I needed to vent a bit as well. Thanks for understanding that.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    As someone stuck in 2* land,this is my experience every single pvp if I bother fighting up as high as I can before my healthpacks and character pool runs out. I was even skipping most of the PVE content to focus on pvp matches to try to regain the points i was constantly losing. Now after reading the forums quite a bit (what else is there to do after true-healing?), I've realized I'm just barely going to place top 25. So I sit right around that point, and if I'm awake I try to make one last quick push just before the event ends. I put in 1/5 of the matches in the last couple pvp events as I had been, which allowed me to pick up my pve game again. (no more trying to do events without the required charcter given as the prize in the one before. that's tinykitty annoying...)

Shields are just simply not a real option for a 2* transitioning player, except as others have pointed out once in a blue moon for a reward that feels critical. That being said, don't fight right up to first place. The target on your head just becomes too big at that point, and it isn't worth it.

I 'play to play' too, and it's frustrating to have so much time I would like to be using to build my characters, but coming here to the forums to gripe instead. I feel your pain, I've been there. We just have to adapt as best as possible.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not taking sides, but as we all.know, got to be careful guessing tone from written words. If you lots of thugs otherposts, you'll see he's not a troll, and his intent was not to upset you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh, I remember being at that point. Back in the days before I could afford even the minimal shields. Just keep at it though. Stockpile every little HP you can get and you'll be able to start using the 3 hour shields at the ends of events to hold onto a higher rank, then start looking for a decent alliance and you'll start getting a steady little flow of HP coming in and be able to afford to move up to occasional 8 hour shields, and so on and so on...

and honestly? Forget about 1st place. It's just not gonna happen yet. You need to have some serious power and/or some serious HP to spend to not only get up to 1st, but keep it too.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    and honestly? Forget about 1st place. It's just not gonna happen yet. You need to have some serious power and/or some serious HP to spend to not only get up to 1st, but keep it too.

Not just first place, but also top 5, 6 to 25, 26 to 100. These are the placing for covers, so the competition is stiff at this level.

Honestly, if you don't want to spend any money at all, be prepared for a few months of slowly gathering of 3* covers. But when you get your first max 3* and then the second one, life gets easier.

For the past few pvp I have been earning HP. My shields expenditure is lower than the amount I am getting. Being in a good alliance helps.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Capulous wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:

Actually, I am just taking it off your tone. I know what's going on, and I posted this here to complain to the devs or someone associated with the game/company so they can look at some of this stuff and decide if they want to do anything about it. Stop talking down to other people and they won't respond as such. You continue to do so in this post. If you don't like it; don't read it, don't respond to it.

Tone is a tricky thing in text. Without hearing a voice or reading body language cues one has a tendency to project onto text things that aren't necessarily there. I thought you were new and asking questions. I tried to answer them as clearly as I could. As it turns out you know exactly what you're doing and have things completely under control. So I say to you good day, sir. Good luck in your future endeavors. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, did zen really go and downvote every single one of his posts? That's some dedication
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Wow, did zen really go and downvote every single one of his posts? That's some dedication
    547de7f16ef8897a4fdef12119ae48f456ba32dacead4fd1cd96c48d2060a6a6.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

No, just the ones where he was acting like a petulant child.

Oh, was that all of them? Well, then...