Folks, the IW reward is a *good* thing

Options
Think about it for a moment. Why did you fight like mad the past three months to score highly in every last event - even when it was Rags/Loki covers, even when you had already maxed the reward char?

Because your alliance needed you. You all wanted that Nick Fury cover, and you weren't going to let them down.

If D3 offered *any* reward of decent quality as a season alliance reward, then alliances would be fighting for them and the pressure would be on again. With IW as the reward, alliances can finally relax a bit, and seasons can be what they were meant to be - some extra rewards for playing a lot, but nothing worth stressing over. Now alliances can pick and choose what events they play. Whales who have a character maxed can skip events that reward that character, and let others have a better chance for the covers.

This is good news all around.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I don't care one way or the other. More Fury covers wouldn't have done anything for me and a new 4* wouldn't either as I'm unlikely to ever have the iso to level them anyway.

I'm just playing this game until Fabio gets nerfed then it's adios. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm just playing this game until Fabio gets nerfed then it's adios. icon_lol.gif

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! Don't even give them the idea. We need to pretend that he is underpowered.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't care one way or the other. More Fury covers wouldn't have done anything for me and a new 4* wouldn't either as I'm unlikely to ever have the iso to level them anyway.

But what if they nerf your bagman that goes with him? Who will you turn to then?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously, complainers need to think a little and stop complaining. Although this is probably d3s fault for changing what was original said to be a "bonus and thanks for playing regularly" to a sprint for fury.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sssshhhhh . . . I like IW so we should gently encourage all the people who hate her to just not compete for season prizes. I need another yellow cover.

I've posted the secret to Torch green, beating Sentry, and Daredevil. I've sung the praises of Loki and Doom (both kick-****). If you don't get IW, that's okay. Eventually mine will be fully loaded and leveled and I will own the playing field. hahahahahaha
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Sssshhhhh . . . I like IW so we should gently encourage all the people who hate her to just not compete for season prizes. I need another yellow cover.

I've posted the secret to Torch green, beating Sentry, and Daredevil. I've sung the praises of Loki and Doom (both kick-****). If you don't get IW, that's okay. Eventually mine will be fully loaded and leveled and I will own the playing field. hahahahahaha
    Torch's green is hardly a secret, people have been saying it's his best power since he came out. And yes, cmags is a hard counter for sentry while you're attacking (which isn't why people use him). But I'm intrigued by the one weird trick to boost your bagdevil
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Options
    We'll see in the next 30 days what, if any, effect this season reward structure will have on the game. I'm not sure I've made up mind. I don't know if they are trying to demotivate the hardcore or motivate the newbies. The Fury covers were exotic and rare... the IW covers aren't as rare. Perhaps that's just my perspective... I have several IW covers through brackets and token pulls so it's not terribly consequential to me. At this point, it's too late for suggestions, but what if the season reward was STILL Invisible Woman, but all 3 color covers? Still inconsequential for me and other harder-core players, but still something more special than a single (less rare) cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    totally agree, nice post, thumbs up.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure why anyone would think this is a bad thing. IW is hard to get for many people so she is still a decent goal, just not for the hardcore 1%, and she is being awarded to 100 alliances! Season goals shouldn't be an amazing unobtainable otherwise prize. It only promotes the best players in the game to constantly compete against everyone, regardless of the prize awarded in the current event. Doing that slowed down progress for a lot of other players for absolutely no reason, other than that long term season goal. Season goals should be a side prize to compliment your progression during the season.

Before season events, players would have been perfectly happy to receive an IW (and iso/hp) for doing well in an alliance for a month. Perhaps rebelling against this change is caused by a new feeling of entitlement? icon_e_wink.gif

Regardless, let's hope they learned their lesson, and never do that again. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I think we can still count on X-Men driving the points higher as they hogged top 10 in a non-Season tournament which says a lot about their agenda. I am thankful they provide good targets most of the time, just wish they would be easier to queue icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it just me or if the devs wanted to give IW to less hard core players it doesn't make sense for only 100 aliances (all having 20 semi hardcore players) get her as a reward? If the plan was to let casual players have her, its still impossible to get unless your in one of said alliances. And let's face it, there's almost no chance of getting in a top 100 aliance unless you play constantly, (and then your not a casual player) it seems like a continuous loop to me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Giving us the players less stuff we want is never a good thing.

Speaking as someone from an alliance which won a Nick Fury all 3 seasons so far, it really sucks that if we want to stick together and keep playing together as an Alliance we get nothing at the end of the month to show for it. OK, yeah, we get the alliance prizes in each event but that season ending prize was something to work towards and now it's gone as no-one wants the IW cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    Giving us the players less stuff we want is never a good thing.

Speaking as someone from an alliance which won a Nick Fury all 3 seasons so far, it really sucks that if we want to stick together and keep playing together as an Alliance we get nothing at the end of the month to show for it. OK, yeah, we get the alliance prizes in each event but that season ending prize was something to work towards and now it's gone as no-one wants the IW cover.

That's one way to look at it and quite understandable. However I do find it relieving that not every season top prize is as exclusive as Fury covers were. Three months of grinding was gruesome and really took a toll on many alliances. First season was just fine but eventually obtaining those Fury covers became more work than fun. Competitive guys don't mind that but some people thought it was just too much. In that sense Fury covers were actually too lucrative.

Nah, I'd say IW as prize is just perfect at this particular season. It's like a forced cruise mode for everyone. Competitive guys will not like it but they'll just keep grinding anyways.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nope. I see it as a stingy move. Release some more fury covers so the people who don't have a massive hp reserve can level him. But no they give a cover that almost anyone can get every other pvp. So nope, it’s not good unless you like getting less. People complain about others wanting more? That is crazy and makes me question your true agenda on this forum.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love the fact that IW Yellow is the first place prize for this event.

..... it's OK for you to take the game off auto-dial, D3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nope. I see it as a stingy move. Release some more fury covers so the people who don't have a massive hp reserve can level him. But no they give a cover that almost anyone can get every other pvp. So nope, it’s not good unless you like getting less. People complain about others wanting more? That is crazy and makes me question your true agenda on this forum.

A cover almost anyone can get? Seriously? I think we all know that is not true dont we?