Balance of Power Tokens

Options
whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
So I looked at the Balance of Power Tokens (I edited this) and I thought wow. These are some great odds to get a three star.
So I bought 10 of them. I got no three stars.
I bought another 10 of them. Again no three stars.
I even won one in tournament. No three star.
Is there an issue, or was this really bad luck?

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    What are power boosters? Did you mean tokens?
    Tokens are bad and you can look at the drop rates before buying any; there's an 'Info' button on every token pack screen except standard token packs which have mostly 1*s, anyway, and greatly diminished chances of 2-4*s.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sorry. I call them boosters because I have played a lot of collectible card games in the past. You buy booster packs for chances of rare drops.
    The current event has tokens for sell. The drop rates show about a 79.4 percent chance to get a 2 star for each booster. It is broken up into 12 characters with 10 of them having a 7 percent chance, and 2 of them having a 4.7 percent chance each. I consider the 2 star characters commons. I would consider the three star characters rare drops.
    Statistically to not get any 3 star characters is rather low, so I was wondering if there was a bug, or if I had very bad luck.
    I apologize if my terminology is off.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Alas, random number generating deity (RNGesus) has not been kind to you. Yes, statistically you should have got at least one 3* per pack, but with the current odds you are much, much better off relying on winning 3*s through progression and placement, not random chance.
  • melyjely
    melyjely Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there any difference between Balance of Power tokens and regular Heroics? I'm looking at the info panel and can't spot it. Looks identical.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    melyjely wrote:
    Is there any difference between Balance of Power tokens and regular Heroics? I'm looking at the info panel and can't spot it. Looks identical.
    Just different pricing, unless some odds are slightly different but round off to the same values at one digit after the decimal.