Offline / practice mode

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
Sometimes there really is no internet connection, such as on a flight or somewhere far, far away. Sometimes there's nothing to do because there's only one open tournament and you have shielded.

It would be nice if there was a practice mode (also available offline) where your characters always start at full health, you could choose suitably levelled opposition (either as a team or as individuals), and there were no gains of ISO or HP, it's completely isolated. Dunno about buffs, perhaps you would have a separate endless pool.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Great idea. But I seriously doubt that it would happen. They rely on people playing against each other to make money. If there was an offline mode, too many players would set the game to that and probably never touch the real side of the game again. Which equals less money for D3.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In this mode you would earn nothing, so you couldn't earn HP to buy covers, or ISO to level up, or gain anything from a victory. So if you wanted to get a better roster you would have to pay/play normally.

It's somewhere you can try different combinations of your current roster at no risk.

And I would be willing to bet one or two HP that the developers already have something similar they use for playtesting.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    the offline mode could be the prologue. you can still loose health, but if you are looking for your Marvel fix this might be your answer. I know I have not gotten all the rewards from the prologue. I have gotten all the HP, but there is ISO and standard tokens (more iso) to be won.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've held my money, partly because I feel like P2W is cheating, and partly because my CS tickets went insultingly nowhere, which as a software employee who came up through the CS ranks, is inexcusable.

That said, I would pay $10 or so for an offline mode that would let me access my online roster. Maybe weekly/monthly challenges would be cool, or only letting me use part of my roster, or giving me a loaded "preview" character. But even if there were no reward to online play, I would pay for an offline mode.