Alliance Brackets

Options
In just about every event, placing in the top 1% of alliances is required to get a non 'thanks for playing' reward. It would be really cool to see Alliance brackets, but I imagine that would encourage Alliance hoping. Still, rewarding only 1% of the Alliance population a decent prize seems rather strict. Any ideas on how they could make this work?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    TheLeftist wrote:
    In just about every event, placing in the top 1% of alliances is required to get a non 'thanks for playing' reward. It would be really cool to see Alliance brackets, but I imagine that would encourage Alliance hoping. Still, rewarding only 1% of the Alliance population a decent prize seems rather strict. Any ideas on how they could make this work?

I could see if they based the bracket sizes off of number of members.

And I feel your pain.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Perhaps if they gave individuals a type of MMR rating for Alliance brackets. Possibly let the commanders see it so they don't recruit someone who is going to make their 6 person Alliance fight against the X Men lol Alliance brackets would be determined by the total ratings of all individuals in the alliance. Only problem would be people dropping off their members, then re-recruiting them once the event starts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I suppose I should have put this in the Suggestions area....sorry guys
  • Unknown
    Options
    They should really just take the cover rewards out of alliance competition entirely. That's really what puts all the undo pressure into the equation, particularly with new character releases. Limit alliance rewards to HP and Iso and it goes back to being a nice little bonus and alliances can be more about community and fun rather than stress over performance. Give the score **** some kind of achievement/trophy system for the top alliances to fight over for bragging rights and let everyone else just kick it and enjoy the game together.

Not going to happen, of course. They like the pressure cooker of frenzied competition, it makes them more money, but we can dare to dream.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A Steam game, Warframe, had this same issue. They released a clan system and people just made massive zerg clans who took control of all the events. Eventually to appease the player base they put a max size and a bracketing system in place. Hopefully they do that! My five person alliance of myself, my gf, and RL friends and family all do well in the events but never get anywhere near the top because of the p2w alliances etc... As well as the 20 person alliances.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mrbean75 wrote:
    TheLeftist wrote:

I could see if they based the bracket sizes off of number of members.

And I feel your pain.

Then why would anyone make a 20 person alliance? It's way easier to get 5 hard core players than be able to constantly maintain a decent 20.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Alliance scores are based on the top10 scores per alliance. There is an advantage to having 20 members, but not an overwhelming one. Plus allows some individual event downtime for a few members each event.

Problem solved