Should they lower the price for spaces?

Options
I think that with the excessive release of new characters it might be almost impossible for some players to buy new spaces for recruiting new characters, also the player needs to buy shields to get enough covers in a pvp's to upgrade a new character to a lv”166“ or a decent lev to be useful. 500hp for a space is just to damn expensive. A player needs to get 600 points in a pvp to get 50 hero points but if you don't shield then that means that they'll be lucky to end up in the top 50, so that's at least 75 hp per pvp but the player probably won't place top ten. Of course there are also pve that give hp as progression rewards. So in in about two weeks the player might have enough hp to buy a new space but he'll have a bunch of incomplete characters that won't be high enough to defend or even use in battle. I think that the biggest rush people get from this game is to collect every available character and it will take a lot of effort to do that. Some players that are in the alliance that I'm in right now are in there transition from 2* to 3* but because of the lack of hp the have to either sell some characters to make space for the 3* covers that they get or they sell the 3* cover's that they get because they don't have enough hp to buy that new space, making even the transition take longer. I can't remember how much it cost before getting to the 500 price is but if they would drop the price for new players at least 25hp then it'll be easier for them to buy spaces and drop the 500hp mark to 400hp also might be reasonable.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's exactly the point - players are not supposed to earn enough HP to get their roster slots for free.
    The main income for the devs comes from people buying roster slots, so they're definitely not making them cheaper again.

Consider vets as an outlier: I'm up to 44 roster slots, each new one costs 600 HP.
    In the PVE that gave out TinyTorch, I made 550 HP from the six subs, plus I think another 150 from individual placement + alliance placement.
    So I was able to finance the slot from what I earned in the event - which probably shouldn't happen.
    Which I suspect is the reason HP rewards in the subs got nerfed down to 50 HP for the current PVE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The slot prices are okay, but the semi-recent bundling of them is still the under-the-belt blow as it was.

The new char intro PVE drops lots of HP and for those more casual there's no point to hold all the **** characters on the bench really.
  • Unknown
    Options
    FYI:

Slots 97-100 cost 1250 each
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Can you buy a 100th slot? Probably not? Oh noes!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    FYI:

Slots 97-100 cost 1250 each

They have to provide something for the types who like to say "I See Your Schwartz Is (almost) as Big as Mine". icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:

IIRC there was a limit of 40. Then it was extended on requests from whales, and eventually the game overtook that in character count too.
    Dunno what the new limit is, but it surely can be extended again if there is request from those throwing actual money at it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Roster slots are the one thing in this game that I think are priced fairly.

I don't earn enough HP to buy spots for everyone, but as a mostly free player I understand and happily accept that there are some sacrifices I need to make.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Roster spots account for about a quarter of money spent (according to the now outdated venturebeat article pie chart) but it is likely also a MASSIVE hurdle to people starting out. The way they hand out 3* covers new players are faced with a choice of spending money to get roster slots for them or lose the cover. I know a couple people who tried the game but quit in frustration after losing multiple higher covers since they didnt want to spend money acquiring more roster slots, feeling that it was going to be an ongoing drain of $$, and that that was representative of the way the game would be. I think they should be slightly cheaper, particularly at the early end.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    locked wrote:

IIRC there was a limit of 40. Then it was extended on requests from whales, and eventually the game overtook that in character count too.
    Dunno what the new limit is, but it surely can be extended again if there is request from those throwing actual money at it.

The option to purchase more slots is typically set where my Black Panther is. I have 100 slots and no option to purchase more. I believe
    (FYI:These screenshots are about a month old)
    Page 1
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_45_57.png
    Page 2
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_48_54.png
    Page 3
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_49_45.png
    Page 4
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_50_43.png
    Page 5
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_51_40.png
    Page 6
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_52_37.png
    Page 7
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_53_40.png
    Page 8
    Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2014_06_22_18_39_54_52.png

Reply from IceIX on January 20th, 2014
    IceIX wrote:
    My personal opinion? Respec all the way. I actually want a system where users can do three things:
    1) Blow up a skill point if they accidentally put one where they didn't want. That solves the 5/4/4 Oops I put 4 points in IM40 problem.
    2) Deconstruct a character into component Covers. If someone is pissed at the character changes, they can take them apart and rebuild how they want or they can sell the covers for Iso and HP.
    3) Standard respec. Users get back any points they've spent in the character and can rearrange them as they want. Players can't take them down to 0 if they have points in them or bring them up to 1 if they have zero.

Now, we've discussed these three internally, along with quite a few other alternatives (amongst which is also another kinda cool one, allowing for Prestiging a maxed out character back to level 1 with 1/1/1 skills but a max of 14 points). I can say that we're definitely on this portion of it and there are plans for the future. I can't give a timeline (obviously) but we've got something going on.

As for more slots, I'll bring it up with the others. With 33 characters out and some people using multiple builds, we've got a few people in that position. No sense in limiting things when players are willing to push forwards.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Oops I meant the 101st slot. I think Bugpop mentioned that 100 is the limit now (else he'd push past).
    Edit: yep, was too late in posting (wanted to ramble about slots but decided against that).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just crossed 50 slots and they are 650 ATM. Thinking of how much hp that is going up to 100 makes my brain, and wallet hurt! icon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think slots should cost by what level character you place in them. If you are putting in a 1* cover it should not cost as much as a 3*. For me slots are costing 450 HP so if I wanted to add Juggs for the Balanced PVP it would cost me 450HP for a 1* cover. For a 4* cover 500hp, 3* cover 400 hp sounds about right, 200 for a 2* and 75 for a 1*. If you are short HP and want to sell a cover you can upgrade that roster slot for the remaining HP so for 1*-2* it is 125 HP.
  • Kiera13
    Kiera13 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just one thing... Damnnnn Bugpop!!! icon_e_surprised.gif