New Captain America is Falcon

Options
-- See post below, new Captain America is Sam Wilson, or as MPQ players know him, Falcon.

Credit to Jamie Madrox for breaking the actual reveal to the thread.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Wasn't there previously a black Captain America, or did I just go crazy?
  • darthmental
    darthmental Posts: 104
    Options
    I thought it was going to Sam Wilson aka the falcon.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought it was going to Sam Wilson aka the falcon.

This. It's also the last thing I saw too. If it is, I wonder how the future of the cinematic universe will handle Cap between Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Chris Evans is only signed on through Cap 3, or that's also the last thing I heard.

By the way, nice banner in your sig. My kids love that game/movie.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Will Colbert have to give Cap's shield back?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Will Colbert have to give Cap's shield back?

I though it flies back by itself after 3 turns.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There have been a few Captain Americas over the years, but I think we'll see the black kid from Young Avengers be the new Cap. Him or Bucky (again).
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There have been a few Captain Americas over the years, but I think we'll see the black kid from Young Avengers be the new Cap. Him or Bucky (again).

Patriot (The Kid from YA) would be the right choice, and would actually show development. Unfortunatly it will be Falcon because he was in a movie and doesn't threaten the status quo.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Isn't Patriot MIA after the events of the most recent Young Avengers storyline? Or did that get retconned, resolved, etc?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do I want to know what happened to Steve to lead to a new Cap being announced, or will it just piss me off?

Keeping in mind that to celebrate his death in Civil War, I wore a "Joe Quesada is a traitor" shirt to Comic-Con and haven't read a single Marvel book since.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    Do I want to know what happened to Steve to lead to a new Cap being announced, or will it just piss me off?

Keeping in mind that to celebrate his death in Civil War, I wore a "Joe Quesada is a traitor" shirt to Comic-Con and haven't read a single Marvel book since.
    You're missing out on some really great books.

Oh and Sam Wilson is the new Captain America.

http://www.newsarama.com/21596-joe-quesada-announces-sam-wilson-as-captain-america-on-colbert-report.html
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    captainamericasamwilson.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do we think they'll undo this by the time Avengers 2 rolls around? I notice Doc Ock stopped subletting Spidey's mind right around the time Amazing Spider-Man 2 hit theaters.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Either that or it's a pre-emptive way to prepare for actors not wanting to resume their roles after their current contract is up. If comic book readers (and now the general public) are familiar with the new Thor and Cap, it becomes easier to recast them in a few years.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Do we think they'll undo this by the time Avengers 2 rolls around? I notice Doc Ock stopped subletting Spidey's mind right around the time Amazing Spider-Man 2 hit theaters.

This won't have any effect on the MCU, unless it is way down the road. Last I saw, Chris Evans is signed on as Cap through Cap 3 in 2016. It wouldn't surprise me if Bucky Barnes takes over at some point as the actor signed on for 8 or 9 films. If anything, the MCU seems way behind the comic book story lines. I was never a comic book reader, but the movies have caused me to pay attention to the comic story lines and events a lot more. Plus I read a lot of stuff on IGN and other sites.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So when 4* Cap comes out, are they gonna use the Falcon art or the Cap art with Falcon's face pasted over it?
  • Unknown
    Options

Steve Rogers did not die during Civil War or at any point during Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America. Your anger is pretty misplaced.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ""The Death of Captain America" is an eighteen-issue Captain America story arc written by Ed Brubaker with art by Steve Epting and published by Marvel Comics. The arc first appears in Captain America (vol. 5) #25-#42. The first issue of the story arc, Captain America #25, was the highest selling comic for the month of its release.[1] The story arc had wide-sweeping effects throughout the Marvel Universe and was accompanied by the miniseries Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America."
    -From Wikipedia

"Following his arrest, a scheme orchestrated by the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Dr. Faustus and others culminated with Cap’s assassination by a brainwashed Sharon Carter, who shot him at point-blank range."
    -From Marvel.com

"Comic book fans are mourning the death of the Marvel Comics' icon, who was gunned down by an assassin in "Captain America Vol. 5, No. 25.""
    -ABC News

I could go on, but frankly I've put more time into this argument than I care to already. Look, you can retcon all you want, but it still happened, and it's still ****. And as a soldier who was overseas fighting a war that he didn't believe in for a country that was being hated on by the entire known world but who knew that he could still look to his childhood icon for comfort and joy until some fat artist decided to make a political statement, I'll place my anger wherever I want to thank you very much.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    ""The Death of Captain America" is an eighteen-issue Captain America story arc written by Ed Brubaker with art by Steve Epting and published by Marvel Comics. The arc first appears in Captain America (vol. 5) #25-#42. The first issue of the story arc, Captain America #25, was the highest selling comic for the month of its release.[1] The story arc had wide-sweeping effects throughout the Marvel Universe and was accompanied by the miniseries Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America."
    -From Wikipedia

"Following his arrest, a scheme orchestrated by the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Dr. Faustus and others culminated with Cap’s assassination by a brainwashed Sharon Carter, who shot him at point-blank range."
    -From Marvel.com

"Comic book fans are mourning the death of the Marvel Comics' icon, who was gunned down by an assassin in "Captain America Vol. 5, No. 25.""
    -ABC News

I could go on, but frankly I've put more time into this argument than I care to already. Look, you can retcon all you want, but it still happened, and it's still tinykitty. And as a soldier who was overseas fighting a war that he didn't believe in for a country that was being hated on by the entire known world but who knew that he could still look to his childhood icon for comfort and joy until some fat artist decided to make a political statement, I'll place my anger wherever I want to thank you very much.
    They didn't retcon anything. The story was planned out well in advance, both his "death" and his return, and it just took them a year to get around to it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I could go on, but frankly I've put more time into this argument than I care to already. Look, you can retcon all you want, but it still happened, and it's still tinykitty. And as a soldier who was overseas fighting a war that he didn't believe in for a country that was being hated on by the entire known world but who knew that he could still look to his childhood icon for comfort and joy until some fat artist decided to make a political statement, I'll place my anger wherever I want to thank you very much.

Its almost like he got shot and they hinted at what was happening in the very next issue. That Red Skull. So rascally.

Furthermore, one could argue that a long lost friend who was going through a great deal of psychological trouble needed something to regain his focus. Steve Rogers, a magnanimous dude even in apparent death, saw that and let someone else take on the mantle. Helping your fellow Americans. That sounds almost patriotic!

Nah, that's ****. You're right, its completely treasonous.

Where's our damn Winter Soldier cover??!?!?!??!!