Kudos to the Devs

Unknown
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion

Comments

• This forum is usually a place of ****, whining, and moaning, with some bragging thrown in, so I wanted to take the time to give my thanks.

Balance of Power is a blast - please keep in a regular (once a month or so) rotation.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too want to give kudos to the devs. Well done!
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, how do you even find a 2-year old thread?
  • Mawtful
    I went to the last page of posts. There's a few threads that don't seem to work properly anymore, but sooner or later you'll get one that you can post it & there's nothing to stop you from giving huge props to the devs for all their hard work, or whatever topic the discussion might be about.
  • Mawtful
    Oh, also, I figured that I had been tough enough on those people and it really was time to show some respect.

Now I know that I shouldn't create a new thread when there's already a perfectly good one in the forum already - and I certainly should go posting in duplicate threads started by others (ideally, those would be locked or merged back into the original thread, aka this one) so posting in this thread was the only logical option.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    Now I know that I shouldn't create a new thread when there's already a perfectly good one in the forum already - and I certainly should go posting in duplicate threads started by others (ideally, those would be locked or merged back into the original thread, aka this one) so posting in this thread was the only logical option.
    Good to see you're not holding any grudges.

When were those CoT threads, 8 months ago?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...I don't get it.
    I do Think the devs do a good job in general though. Balance of Power specifically isn't that fun anymore, but it was a blast when it premiered.
  • Mawtful
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

CoT?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

CoT?
    Crash of the Titans.
    Was that someone else?
  • Mawtful
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Crash of the Titans.
    Was that someone else?

Oh, heh. I use 4*DDQ, so I didn't even consider that acronym. Anyway, I guess I was technically correct about that after all.

And in the end, isn't that the best kind of correct?
    it is
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Balance of Power was my favorite back when it debuted, but now it's my least favorite PvP. Fights takes forever and for every one you win, you get hit twice in the meantime. No thanks.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I was rather baffled reading the initial post......checking the date it makes sense. I used to LOVE BoP......now I think its the worse PVP (and that includes the 4*s shortly after they come out where most people still use the loaner).
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    Oh, also, I figured that I had been tough enough on those people and it really was time to show some respect.

Thread necromancy is just efficient use of existing resources. It's recyling.

If you aren't resurrecting vaguely on-topic old threads, you're basically killing the earth, singlehandedly. You monster.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I'll re-bump the recently bumped.

I -don't- think the current XP system is an end-all-and-be-all to the problems. I still see no 5* transition method.

I -DO- think it was an appreciated help, and a quality of life (interesting) change...and there have been several of those lately. So for that - BRAVO! Looking forward to phase three and more of these!

Thank you!
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    I like the revival of the thread! This new S.H.I.E.L.D. ranking system is pretty dang sweet. Plus the other quality of life changes they've made have the devs on quite a winning streak!! Mad kudos. Mad, mad kudos devs!
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Just to join in the necromancy fun, I don't think this is a solution, per se.

But credit where credit is due. This is a HUGE step in the right direction. I could see this as being an actual solution a bit later down the road. More access to more stuff, more ISO drops, more ways of getting ISO and covers, etc.

The huge ISO injection is an amazing feeling though, but just as crack addicts who just got a hold of a tonne of crack, you know he's going to use it all. And that's what I did. My newly champed Peggy Carter and Punisher Max thanks you.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it feels like a short term solution for now. We get a big chunk of ISO now, spend it all...and then have to wait for another 30k.
    I managed to get about 250EXP in a day from champ levels, recruitment, mission completion and the like.

Since the cap is level 100, I imagine it's going to take a while to get there, so the immediate windfall is going to dry up into a gentle breeze VERY quickly.

Still, we can wait and see how the next phase adds to this =)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was nice to get to champion three 4*s in a day. That would normally take me two months.

Not to worry though.. I just drew a 14th cover on another nonchamped 4*... so the game hasn't been broken, and the grind continues.

Never have I been more excited to grind nodes down to their green checks or give team ups!! Sorry alliance-mates who will receive my low-level 5* team-ups... they give me more points! I'd send my oml if I was allowed to!
  • Mawtful
    Hey friends; it's yo friend, Mawt. This is going to be my last post for a while, maybe ever. I'm going on a dangerous mission (like Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day) and there's no guarantee I'll make it back (like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly).

Truth be told, some of you are going to be happy to see the back of me. Apparently my zealous devotion to MPQ is misinterpreted; here's a quote,
    Anonymous wrote:
    Stop the constant, passive-aggressive trolling. You are making the forums a less pleasant place to be.

That really cuts me deep. I love MPQ, and I love you people (some more than others, I'll admit); so the thought that I'm making this place unpleasant is a bitter pill to swallow. If, by my absence, I can make this a place of happiness once more then I will carry that heavy burden.

A wise man once said, "Take care of yourself, and each other", and I'd like to pass that same advice on to you, my friends:
    Socrates? wrote:
    Take care of yourself, and each other.

This is getting on a bit, and by now you're probably wondering why I'm posting in this thread. I wanted to have one last opportunity to give kudos to the people behind the game I love. Thank you, developers. Thank you, D3; especially Hi-Fi - your job is as thankless as it is unending, but you should know that your presence on the forums is appreciated immensely. Thank you, forumites; I'm not going to name anyone, that way you can all share the thanks equally.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    Hey friends; it's yo friend, Mawt. This is going to be my last post for a while, maybe ever. I'm going on a dangerous mission (like Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day) and there's no guarantee I'll make it back (like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly).
    *snip*

Anyway, here's Wonderwall...

No, Mawt! Don't go! You make me laugh!

Also, Wonderwall sucks ****!