Defending one's self & alliance

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Nope. I wrote the OP. Basically it says that honest people tend have evidence of their honesty

Exactly. The honest people must prove their honesty. Must provide evidence they're being honest.

Edit: Once again, I'll refer you to the West Memphis Three.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    Nope. I wrote the OP. Basically it says that honest people tend have evidence of their honesty

Exactly. The honest people must prove their honesty. Must provide evidence they're being honest.

Bro again... Please read this clearly this time... Honest people TEND to have evidence of their honesty. They are not guaranteed to have it. People may disregard it. but GENERALLY SPEAKING honest people can prove their honesty. I mentioned that using fringe examples is not the best form of argument because using a small percentage of data to speak against a GENERALIZED claim is asinine. Generalized arguments speak to the claims of the vast majority not for every single case
  • Unknown
    Options

Generally the dishonest tend not to have valid alibis/stories because they were in fact dishonest. That's the point.

For the record, I think there is something up with the Xmen. That being said however, this reminds me of online game like Counterstrike or Team Fortress 2. You get guys on there who are godly in the way they can aim and while they may be legit, The second someone on the server says they think they may be hacking, it immediately gets people to start to notice every little thing they do and call them out on it like some sort of witch hunt. The moment you call doubt on anyone's skills, the doubt is always there. No amount of talking is going to disprove it either. The only way to prove it's legit is to watch them play with your own eyes, via in person or in stream. It's pretty much the same with this game. Until we get an unedited twitch stream or you tube video of flo/electro/kakko's ENTIRE climb, There will always be doubt. It is of course a little bit different in this game also because there is really not too much skill involved, it's money spent. There is no "secret strat" to get high scores. It's just a matter of getting your high scoring alliance mates in nodes and then hitting them with boosts and re shielding. That is a huge part of what makes the xmen so unbelievable is because of how much money they are spending on every pvp. Any sane person would not be spending that much per pvp. They can buy the rewards they are fighting for 10 times over with the amount they spend for the win. Really no way you look at it makes sense. That is why there is so much suspicion about them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ah, but if you accuse me of slander without being able to prove I cant prove what I'm saying is true , isn't it YOU who is guilty of slander?

WHAT THEN?!
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    double post
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    fidsah wrote:

Bro again... Please read this clearly this time... Honest people TEND to have evidence of their honesty. They are not guaranteed to have it. People may disregard it. but GENERALLY SPEAKING honest people can prove their honesty. I mentioned that using fringe examples is not the best form of argument because using a small percentage of data to speak against a GENERALIZED claim is asinine. Generalized arguments speak to the claims of the vast majority not for every single case

No, you're speaking of generalizations that are not true, but at the same time support my argument. The idea that honest people will have evidence of their honesty is entirely untrue, because in most cases, they will never think that they need to keep it. I'm sorry if you don't understand the ramifications of your argument. There are plenty of examples where honest people get screwed over trying to prove their honesty, because they're falling into the same logic trap as what you're presenting.

I get that you're just trying to build a case based on the tweet you made that you've since hidden for whatever reason. If honest people should have the evidence, why did you hide the tweet? What are you now trying to hide? What is your involvement in this that made you hide what you once had open?

Where did your transparency go?

Now, I'm going to have to ask you for evidence that you're not involved with the X-Men on this. You've hidden far too many things lately about your involvement for me to feel that your sudden push for "open and transparent" should not be taken into consideration with the fact that your'e now hiding things.

Do you see how this works, now?
    gamar wrote:
    Ah, but if you accuse me of slander without being able to prove I cant prove what I'm saying is true , isn't it YOU who is guilty of slander?

WHAT THEN?!

A HA, now you get it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    While we're on the psychology / sociology lesson, people who accuse others of something (eg cheating) are the ones more likely to be doing it themselves. If you don't believe the theory I gather that Jeremy Kyle has proof icon_e_biggrin.gif

Naz actually claimed he was cheating in several messages and bragged how Xmen were able to disrupt scoring in event with the use of external servers. He also claimed that xmen spend very little money. Of course this is suspicious so a message was sent to D3 to investigate. Another party found this message and posted it on the forum which is why it came out in the first place.

Maybe accusing someone of cheating seems a little different when the accused claimed they were cheating in the first place. (whether or not they actually had the know-how or ability to abuse the system) The cry of foul over being accused loses its voice when there's a good reason to be accused . .
  • Unknown
    Options
    As a civil libertarion let me just say that nobody should ever go to court because ACCUSING someone of wrongdoing without that wrongdoing being already proven in court is a violation of civil liborties

Catch-22'd motherkitties
  • Unknown
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    fidsah wrote:

No, you're speaking of generalizations that are not true, but at the same time support my argument. The idea that honest people will have evidence of their honesty is entirely untrue, because in most cases, they will never think that they need to keep it. I'm sorry if you don't understand the ramifications of your argument. There are plenty of examples where honest people get screwed over trying to prove their honesty, because they're falling into the same logic trap as what you're presenting.

I get that you're just trying to build a case based on the tweet you made that you've since hidden for whatever reason. If honest people should have the evidence, why did you hide the tweet? What are you now trying to hide? What is your involvement in this that made you hide what you once had open?

Where did your transparency go?

Now, I'm going to have to ask you for evidence that you're not involved with the X-Men on this. You've hidden far too many things lately about your involvement for me to feel that your sudden push for "open and transparent" should not be taken into consideration with the fact that your'e now hiding things.

Do you see how this works, now?

To say your claims are crazy just rewards your illogical thinking. My twitter feed is hidden because I didn't want people like you looking at my twitter feed. Nothing personal but your conduct in this thread shows that was an accurate decision. In case you never realized it, I didn't make that post about X-men. Jozier did. I wrote on there multiple times to close the thread because a ticket had been filed & that was the proper course of action.
    Do I need to be transparent to you about a CS ticket I filed. NO
    why should I be? Should I also give you ring when I am picking out some food or is that too opaque for you.
    You have an interesting way with words but your comprehension skills tend to be a bit lacking. You clearly showed no ability to comprehend what I wrote which is sad because it was quite clear
    If you knew me or Xmen, you would know how ludicrous your claim is. Much like your arguments
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    As a civil libertarion let me just say that nobody should ever go to court because ACCUSING someone of wrongdoing without that wrongdoing being already proven in court is a violation of civil liborties

Catch-22'd motherkitties

Good thing this isn't court or anything regarding civil liberties then
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    tumblr_lnn7oueAzy1qcy3blo1_400.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Catch-22'd motherkitties

Good thing this isn't court or anything regarding civil liberties then
    Nuh uh you're totally breaking all the civil liberties naz's wife told fisdah so and shes a lawyer
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:

Sometimes Forum game > actual game
  • Unknown
    Options
    What proof am I or someone else supposed to provide?

Bank statements? That's all I or any high scorer can provide because the method is rather clear. I play no differently now than I did when I was putting up the same scores under the name of 5D. Nobody was suspicious of me then.

Naz extended an invitation to join you guys for one PvP to help show you how to get high scores for the team correct? I know you guys thought he was just being a jerk but he did extend the invitation and you declined. How much more transparency are you looking for?

The rest isn't addressed to you Josh but I find it fascinating how many people question my or someone else's motives for going for a high score. What's YOUR motivation for playing a game you so clearly hate and a game that you are convinced people are cheating at? What's anyone's motivation for anything?

Every video game I've ever played that had leaderboards has the same issue. Some people want to compete for the top. Those who don't or can't can either a) do what it takes to get to the top b) play anyway and not worry about it or c) Quit. Continuing to play while allowing your hatred to grow for the game and the people who play it seems like a rather ridiculous venture.
  • Unknown
    Options

Bank statements? That's all I or any high scorer can provide because the method is rather clear. I play no differently now than I did when I was putting up the same scores under the name of 5D. Nobody was suspicious of me then.

Naz extended an invitation to join you guys for one PvP to help show you how to get high scores for the team correct? I know you guys thought he was just being a jerk but he did extend the invitation and you declined. How much more transparency are you looking for?

The rest isn't addressed to you Josh but I find it fascinating how many people question my or someone else's motives for going for a high score. What's YOUR motivation for playing a game you so clearly hate and a game that you are convinced people are cheating at? What's anyone's motivation for anything?

Every video game I've ever played that had leaderboards has the same issue. Some people want to compete for the top. Those who don't or can't can either a) do what it takes to get to the top b) play anyway and not worry about it or c) Quit. Continuing to play while allowing your hatred to grow for the game and the people who play it seems like a rather ridiculous venture.

Hm

viewtopic.php?t=10965#p179440

Hm

and if you must know, we were very suspicious until you revealed that you spend a fortune. But that's your hobby so be it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is this another thread about X-Men? You guys need a life.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Is this another thread about X-Men? You guys need a life.

Guess they want the spotlight
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

Hm

viewtopic.php?t=10965#p179440

Hm

and if you must know, we were very suspicious until you revealed that you spend a fortune. But that's your hobby so be it

I was curious of what was going on that's why I made the post. However as i stated later on I was happy with the explanation that it was no different than the server issues we had before. I had just thought that d3 had resolved that issue.

Add: And I'm happy to troll with you guys in here. I'm done with this PvP until the end. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:

duty_calls.png
  • Unknown
    Options

the main proof comes from D3. If I was you (and everyone else) I would hammer on them to explain server issues & to clearly explain how their cheat detection works (not the details per se) so that people get why it takes months to nail watercat jimbojim etc. That is the main problem. D3 is not transparent at all & acts shady, which gets everyone all paranoid . & rightly so, because it seems like they are ok w cheaters like watercat & jimbojim until people get incensed. Horrible policy.

That should be all the proof you need. Not that you need any. but proof can be many things...
    btw the Naz offer was an insult & to say otherwise is misleading