Characters and Skills Class Categories

Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi all,

Was bored at work, and was considering how I swap characters in and out based on my needs, and thought that its possible to identify character based on the skill categories. All charactesr fall into hybrid roles, but depending on the type of enemies I face, I'll pick the best character out of the requisite role.

I haven't included damage skills or AP generating skills because they're far too subjective, and there's some other skills that don't fall into easily definable categories, but I've got a couple of categories below, and who I think works best in that role. Obviously, you can't look at just a single skill in isolation, but I think this would be useful if you have a strong 2 char pairing, and find you need to fill in a skill gap in that third role.

Crit Tile Generation Placement - For generating crit tiles
1. Marvel Now Magneto - 5 Tiles, 9AP at lvl 5
2. Grey Suit Black Widow - 6 Tiles, 11AP at lvl 5.
3. Dr Doom - Depends on location of blue and black tiles
4. Classic Magneto - At expense of def tiles
5. Bulleyes - Can place 2 Critical tiles, high cost.
5. Classic Hawkeye - 14AP at level 5
6. Captain America - Can do 3 colours, but at high AP cost per Tile.

Stun
1. Classic Spiderman - 2AP at level 5
2. Modern Black Widow - 9AP. Team Stun. 5 Turns
3. Classic Storm - 11AP. Team damaage. 4 Turns
4. Captain American - 2 turns
5. Modern Hawkeye - 2-4 turns

6. Venom - 4AP at level 4. 1 turn
7. Moonstone - 17AP. High cost. 1-2 turns
8. M30 Iron Man - 19AP. 1 turn, damage too

Countdown Tile management - Useful for targetting countdown tiles. Keep in mind that stun overlaps heavily.
1 - The hood - 15AP at level 5, generates AP. Can target countdown tiles
2 - Original Black Widow - 9AP at Level 5, adds 4 delay and heals
3 - Classic Hawkeye - 11AP. Does a row, can destroy multiple countdown tiles. No AP.
4 - Yelena Belova - 13AP. High cost, only does one random countdown tile
5 - Bagman - Locks countdown tiles, but high cost. 17AP at level 5
6 - Moonstone - 17AP, only does one random countdown tile

Board Reset Chars - Useful against NPC to destroy tile countdown, or where board shakeup is required to free up better matches
1. Juggernaut - 6AP at level 5. Cheapest, breaks 1/4 of the board. No AP
2. Modern Storm - 10AP. Also breaks 1/4 of the board at max green and AP
3. Classic Storm

AP Steal - Good for denying enemy skills
1. Hood - Passive Steal, but can't choose AP to steal
2. Original Black Widow - 11AP at level 5. Also passive steal, but exposes her to damage
3. Modern Black Widow - 16AP at level 5.
4. Yelena Below - High cost, 19 at level 5.

Group Healer - Helps grinding by topping up health when using them in mook fights in the Prologue
1. Classic Spiderman
2. Original Black Widow

Defence Buff - Decreasing match damage
1. Classic Spiderman - Passive on match
2. Classic Magneto
3. Captain America
4. Bulleyes - Passive on match.
5. M35 Iron Man - 8AP. Minimal damage too

Attack Buff - Increasing match damage
1. Dr Doom
2. ASM Wolverine
3. Punisher
4. Daken - Passive
5. XF Wolverine

What do you guys thing, useful at all? Should I just be focusing on my work instead? Are there other skill categories that need to be included? (ie, AOE, AP Generation)

Comments

• Nice job. You did forget IM40 on stun (L5 blue, 3 turns for 20AP plus large AE damage) and that Bsgman has two tile management skills.

AP generation is also important, but you have to list the color(s) too.
  • Doom doesn't increase match damage.
  • Also are they supposed to be ranked? Because mags (classic) blue is far and away #1 at generating crit tiles since it auto-replenishes
  • I would also add C.Magneto to the "target countdown tiles" category. His blue ability is very useful in either ridding countdowns outright, or setting up the board strategically so you can target them in a followup move...
  • For board reset/clear, the list also needs Magneto Marvel Now (blue, at level 5, clears the whole board), Ragnarok (green), and Grey Widow (green). You could also arguably add lower-efficiency abilities like C. Magneto's red icon_rolleyes.gif and Iron Man Model 40's blue icon_lol.gif

I would say that Ragnarok's green is probably the most AP-efficient board clear in the game right now.
  • someguy wrote:
    For board reset/clear, the list also needs Magneto Marvel Now (blue, at level 5, clears the whole board), Ragnarok (green), and Grey Widow (green). You could also arguably add lower-efficiency abilities like C. Magneto's red icon_rolleyes.gif and Iron Man Model 40's blue icon_lol.gif

I would say that Ragnarok's green is probably the most AP-efficient board clear in the game right now.

I think juggs is the most efficient...too bad he stinks
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    someguy wrote:
    For board reset/clear, the list also needs Magneto Marvel Now (blue, at level 5, clears the whole board), Ragnarok (green), and Grey Widow (green). You could also arguably add lower-efficiency abilities like C. Magneto's red icon_rolleyes.gif and Iron Man Model 40's blue icon_lol.gif

They're tied... 6 AP for 16 tiles.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    someguy wrote:

They're tied... 6 AP for 16 tiles.

but for a 'reset' juggs does it better since its super random