Trading in Covers

Options
Nellyson
Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
So I've had a recent string of terrible luck regarding 3* covers. I've gotten a few, but they were for people I already had maxed out. I think instead of just selling those for ISO, do you think if we saved like 3-5 covers that we could turn those into a cover that we actually want?? For example, let's say I get an IM40 red (maxed out for me), a Punisher red (maxed him out with 5/5/3 build so don't need the red), and a Psylocke red (maxed out on her red covers). What I'd really like would be anything else! Hahaha, so let's say I trade those 3 and get myself a BP black (desperately need as I have only 1). I would be super stoked instead of super upset that I got nothing from that shiny gold token. It'd be nice.

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seems like it could be difficult to pull off considering the covers expire in a week if you don't use or sell them. Unless you place high in a PVP/PVE event and don't need any of the covers there aren't going to be many times you have 3 to 5 rare covers sitting in your rewards queue.

I personally think it would be better to let you change the color of a cover for a relatively small fee (100 to 250 ISO). That wouldn't help out with your Punisher problem but it would let you take the red Psylocke and convert to black or blue.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back in my day, you could sell 3* covers for 25HP & 125 Iso. Those were the days. Though HP was more valuable back then, not like nowadays when it rains from the sky every 10 days or so.

Hmmm, a storm is comin'. I can feel it in my bones. Now you young whipper snappers go fetch me a switch, and make it a good one too!
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like that idea better. It is super infuriating to get a cover for something you don't want or have maxed out. I have 4 Psylocke blue covers. 2 black. I didn't want a 4th blue, but I took to level her up and just respec later. And I remember those days when you could sell the 3* for 25HP! It's why I never kept Loki or the Hood. Plus back in my younger foolish days, I didn't realize how valuable Hood actually was.....such a reckless youth, I was.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe they could add a 4th colorless cover for each. Make it half as likely as a single color, but it can be used as whichever of the three colors that you want it to be.
  • KrazyKeylime
    KrazyKeylime Posts: 367
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Maybe they could add a 4th colorless cover for each. Make it half as likely as a single color, but it can be used as whichever of the three colors that you want it to be.
    or make them all colorless
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    I personally think it would be better to let you change the color of a cover for a relatively small fee (100 to 250 ISO). That wouldn't help out with your Punisher problem but it would let you take the red Psylocke and convert to black or blue.

Something like this would be great. Although this might wreck the current idea of ranking the cover colors in the PvP events. If you need only one exact cover for Psylocke you'll just cruise to top100 placement and buy your color if the prize cover is in wrong color. That would make competition in PvP kind of mellower. So I'm all for it! But the devs might not be since less competition means less HP for shields & health packs. But if they'd amp up the ISO cost to, say, 500-1000 ISO per color change that might be "heavy enough" payment for such a swap. High-level players are ISO-starved anyway.

But still... there is no greater pain for the high/medium tier player than to get exactly that particular 3* character you need from a random token but in wrong color! Pains me every time, I'd almost rather have got that 2* trash prize! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:
    But still... there is no greater pain for the high/medium tier player than to get exactly that particular 3* character you need from a random token but in wrong color! Pains me every time, I'd almost rather have got that 2* trash prize! icon_rolleyes.gif

It certainly feels like a tease when you watch the gold emblem appear, and a 3* you have maxed appears behind it. Though the extra Iso is a nice bonus compared to a trash 2*.