Reward: Convert Unused AP to ISO-8

Options
ProfessorGumby
ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
I hate ending a battle on a great cascade, and see all my power meters filled up, only to have them all back to zero following the battle (however my health meters stay the same... but I'm not going there... in this thread at least... icon_rolleyes.gif ).

And since we have lost out on the ISO-8 reward for first-time node completion, how about converting unused AP at the end of a victory to ISO-8? With six colors and a max AP bank of 30 per color, this could be no more than 180 per battle. And in most cases would probably be in the 15-30 range... but would certainly add up over time.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    If this were to replace the now missing first time completion bonus that might be really cool. Without some limits the prologue would become an overpowered iso farm, and I don't think that would be good. Would cause some people to change the way they play, and likely complain that they have draw matches out and take more damage to collect more AP to get iso bonuses even though it is a completely optional bonus.
    I think the idea has potential, would need some limits on it and will have complainers (even though, hey more free iso...)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    But Daken is already too OP icon_lol.gif Daken/Falcon? Oh boy icon_lol.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't dislike this idea.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    this feels similar to PQ1 with currency as a matchable resource tile on the board. You could play a match as a personal mini-game to just get more coins.

Why not change environment tiles to ISO-8 Tiles and just change the flavor of the tile. Any unused ISO-8 tiles at the end of a match convert. Not all of your AP converts, just the Env/ISO tiles.

This lets people play around with matches for their own reasoning. It also gives much more importance to the Env match score for each character.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've thought about something like this before, though I was thinking of an "overkill" ISO bonus for wiping a low health enemy out with a huge attack, or maybe just a lucky match ISO bonus anytime you get a cascade of more than five matches.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    Why not change environment tiles to ISO-8 Tiles and just change the flavor of the tile. Any unused ISO-8 tiles at the end of a match convert. Not all of your AP converts, just the Env/ISO tiles.

Think of the hot dog vendors. Please, for the love of God, they have families.