Three-star team

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Right now, I'm running Rag 89 - Spidey 89 - Thor 85, and Thor is holding his own nicely as both a damage-dealer and as a tank. If I've got a third character being forced on me, I normally drop Spidey. Rag and Thor have color overlap, but that also generates choice -- I can focus on gathering red to fuel Rag's red, and that usually fuels Thor's green (I don't yet have enough green covers for Rag to make Rag's green the more efficient choice). With Spidey in the mix, I get red and blue, and I can use the red to fuel Thor's red to generate yellow for Spidey's heal if yellow is running scarce.

Once I get another cover for Rag and Spidey, though, they're going to start to outclass Thor, I believe, since he's stuck at 85. That means that I need to replace him with a three-star. I'm trying to figure out who. I have Grey Suit Black Widow at 88 at the moment, so she's the easiest choice, and not bad in terms of synergy (with her sniper using green, and her purple useful for precise placements that generate critical tiles out of Rag's random green scatters). But I have covers for the other three-stars as well (with the exception of Magneto, where I only have his red, though I suppose I could go after the other colors if I wanted him), so I could choose someone else.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• For this configuration -(Rag and Spidey) BW-GS is not the easiest but the only choice IMO. You will be killing super fast with sniper. Although AI in defence will probably never save green for shooting sniper rifle but who look at defence now... And almost complete rainbow. Any your tile match will be correct with such team
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I agree with Polkio.

I actually think that Grey Suit + Ragnarok + Spidey is one of the best teams in the game right now. The only "downside" is that it slows you down to stun/heal with spidey (usually close to the end of the match.) If you're going for speed rather than longevity, then you would switch spidey out for somebody else (I choose IM40, but it's up to preference.)
  • I concur. I may be slightly biased icon_e_wink.gif

I'm very interested in developing Doom, Magneto, and now Punisher if/when I get my filthy mitts on him icon_e_wink.gif But I'm not sure those guys have a lot of synergy with any of these characters.
  • This is partially due to the covers I already have, but I think Rag/IM40/Spiderman is a great comp. There's a little overlap with 2 red, 2 blue, and 2 yellow abilities... But the amount of tile generation/stuns every time you recharge is pretty good.
  • Rag widow and spidey/mag for attack, rag mag spidey for defense.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    I actually think that Grey Suit + Ragnarok + Spidey is one of the best teams in the game right now.

I am leveling my Grey Suit right now to try this team comp. She is only lvl 90 right now, I am hoping to have her finished by the end of the Hunt.
  • I am resurrecting this old thread because I am looking for new 3* Team ideas. I have:
    GSBW, Hulk, Spiderman, Ironman 40, Wolverine Patch, Punisher, plus all the Evil dudes (at low levels.)
    I combine OBW with them because of her cheap steal and heal, but ultimately I want to stop depending on her.
    I want to use Hulk, Spiderman and Ironman, because in theory this should be a hearty team, but I just don't like how they play together. I feel Spidey needs to be in for heals and stuns but I'm open to ideas where he sits it out.
  • klingsor wrote:
    I am resurrecting this old thread because I am looking for new 3* Team ideas. I have:
    GSBW, Hulk, Spiderman, Ironman 40, Wolverine Patch, Punisher, plus all the Evil dudes (at low levels.)
    I combine OBW with them because of her cheap steal and heal, but ultimately I want to stop depending on her.
    I want to use Hulk, Spiderman and Ironman, because in theory this should be a hearty team, but I just don't like how they play together. I feel Spidey needs to be in for heals and stuns but I'm open to ideas where he sits it out.

I've been using Spidey/Frank/Magneto since the Hulk event (since Rag was not available in several of those missions) and from the looks of current tournaments, I'm nowhere near being the only one.

However, now that Patch is working as intended, the game will be dominated by Patch/Loki/anybody, until the devs nerf either Patch or Loki or both. That'll probably be a while since they just released Patch, though.

Spidey is the obvious third but his date with the nerf bat is approaching.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    I am resurrecting this old thread because I am looking for new 3* Team ideas. I have:

I've been using Spidey/Frank/Magneto since the Hulk event (since Rag was not available in several of those missions) and from the looks of current tournaments, I'm nowhere near being the only one.

However, now that Patch is working as intended, the game will be dominated by Patch/Loki/anybody, until the devs nerf either Patch or Loki or both. That'll probably be a while since they just released Patch, though.

Depending on what they do to Spidey... so help me Odin, you people haven't seen "trolling" yet! The money I have spent has basically gone specifically to Spider-Man and there will be serious consequences to ruining him. Him and his power are the only reason I played, paid, and told everyone who would listen to me to get this game. icon_mad.gif I've kicked so much Classic Storm and Ragnarok **** getting to where I am in this game BEFORE THE P***Y CRIERS BEGGED FOR NERF! We didn't do our $hit the hard way just so the makers can screw the original players while trying to baby the new ones! icon_evil.gif
  • I'm running patch, loki, spidey. If only I had a bowt load more iso/ was willing to sell thor icon_razz.gif
    (Already dold astonishing wolverine).
  • someguy wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

I like the way you think. Loki sucks but he is useful in this one context! I am about to get his boost in a few days from daily reward. Maybe i need to focus on his lighting tourney? My loki is lvl 15 so he is more useless than a Black Widow with a C@cK.

I think Spider will still be a good character for a while, because as long as he can still heal and be lvl 141, he will always be of use. If they remove the healing power altogether, and make him throw web darts or something like that, then God knows. I really want to like the Hulk, but I am not convinced at lvl 85. Maybe he rocks at lvl 100?