A way to trade Standard Tokens

Options
Now that the game has been out for a while, anyone who has been playing for a few weeks or more is going to start to get frustrated with standard recurit tokens giving us an endless stream of *black widow's or *storm. The chance of getting a decent character from a standard recruit token is so horrible that I often don't even want to spend the token just to get my hopes dashed with another useless character. Sure once in a while I might score a ** or *** star character, but the system currently makes that incredibly rare. So i propose a system that allows you to save tokens and trade them for better tokens. 3 Standard tokens can be traded for 1 Heroic token. 3 heroic tokens can be traded for 1 Rare token (*** or better). New players can still use thier tokens for Standard recuits, and veteran players will have a use for those Standard tokens.
Thanks

Comments

• palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Never going to happen. Players have been begging for this since the game started and these people show no signs of changing. They seem to think players enjoy getting random **** rather than useful items. Last week I amassed 46 tokens, spent them all at once, only got three useful covers and two of those were for Venom, a character I despise and will never play if I can avoid it.

And they expect to make money this way. Must be due to heavy drug use, brain damage or both.
  • Dude, chill. They have the numbers. They'll change them if it's not working. There's no reason to be mean to them. They didn't do anything to you.

OP, this has come up before. It would be nice to have a definitive way to get the covers you want, but that's not the design of the game. Most people think of the standard tokens as 100 ISO tokens. Sometimes you find more. Sometimes you find something really valuable. But they are what they are for a reason. The aren't supposed to be that great. That way the dev's can toss them around more frequently. But there's always that chance which makes them more fun than just getting ISO.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Dude, chill. They have the numbers. They'll change them if it's not working. There's no reason to be mean to them. They didn't do anything to you.

OP, this has come up before. It would be nice to have a definitive way to get the covers you want, but that's not the design of the game. Most people think of the standard tokens as 100 ISO tokens. Sometimes you find more. Sometimes you find something really valuable. But they are what they are for a reason. The aren't supposed to be that great. That way the dev's can toss them around more frequently. But there's always that chance which makes them more fun than just getting ISO.

Thanks for the response.

I understand that it's not likely to change. But if enough people complain, maybe it will. It took me 5 minutes to type a suggestion. The game isn't old enough to say that the developers will never change anything. From what I've seen the developers pay attention to the community, maybe not in every instance (they are tryng to make a profit after all), and maybe not as fast as we'd like, but they do listen. So I say we should suggest stuff like this on the forums regularly. Maybe eventually public outcry will make a difference.

And my suggestion was not that we have a deffinitive way to get the cover i want, just a way to improve my odds. Even if i traded up to a rare token I'd still probably get yet another Blue ***Iron Man, but at least I'd have a better chance for the covers I need. And actually if it cost me 9 standard tokens to get 1 rare token, and that rare token nets me a throw away *** cover, i've actually lost 750 iso on the deal (while getting a little extra HP). And I've lost 9 chances to gamble that I might get something good with those Standard recruit tokens. So it would by no means be a guaranteed win.
  • I think I understand what you're asking for. I used a little hyperbole saying that you could pick out what you wanted. What I was trying to say was that there would be no advantage going after 1* or 2* compared to those 3* covers. They are so much better. (*cough* Loki) If they were going to implement this sort of system, it would have to be closer to 5 1* token's = 1 2* token, 50 2* tokens = 1 3* token. Instead of doing that, they use a RNG. Every pull you have a certain percent chance of getting a 2*, 3*, or 4*. You might get lucky, but if you keep playing, you'll eventually get the covers you want. I wish that there was a little better price for selling a cover. I think 2*, 3* and 4* are a little low.

It's true that they could change things up, so it's good to voice your opinion. I responded to this particular request because I wanted to explain why I think it would be unlikely. The standard tokens just aren't really that valuable, and they want to keep those 3* covers rare.
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    Dude, chill. They have the numbers. They'll change them if it's not working. There's no reason to be mean to them. They didn't do anything to you.

Except ruin a game I would really like to play. I've seen it before. A game comes out that has a lot of potential but it's made by people who think programming automatically makes them game designers so they screw it up to the point where it's impossible to fix. Worse yet is when they also have that "You don't code so you can't have anything useful to say" attitude and ignore input from players.

Yes, they have the numbers, but only for the people who stick around long enough. What of the people who quit after the first overpowered PvP match? Or the ones who delete the game as soon as they realize they will never get Iron Man 40 or Invisible Woman no matter how many token they throw away? Or the ones who tell their friends to not bother downloading the game in the first place because most of the content is one-time only? Even if they could collect those metrics, would they even bother looking at them or just mutter "What do they know?" before implementing even more badly designed events?

I haven't seen anything from them concerning the issues we bring up in these forums. They ignore everything we say and just comment that I'm being rude. This is a good reason to be upset.
  • palenoue wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:

Except ruin a game I would really like to play. I've seen it before. A game comes out that has a lot of potential but it's made by people who think programming automatically makes them game designers so they screw it up to the point where it's impossible to fix. Worse yet is when they also have that "You don't code so you can't have anything useful to say" attitude and ignore input from players.

Yes, they have the numbers, but only for the people who stick around long enough. What of the people who quit after the first overpowered PvP match? Or the ones who delete the game as soon as they realize they will never get Iron Man 40 or Invisible Woman no matter how many token they throw away? Or the ones who tell their friends to not bother downloading the game in the first place because most of the content is one-time only? Even if they could collect those metrics, would they even bother looking at them or just mutter "What do they know?" before implementing even more badly designed events?

I haven't seen anything from them concerning the issues we bring up in these forums. They ignore everything we say and just comment that I'm being rude. This is a good reason to be upset.

Does this guy have anything constructive to say?

I've spent only a few dollars on this game (early, to get more cover space) and I have every cover for IM40, thor, daken, storm, cap, widow (grey suit), wolverine, bagman, and hawkeye. I'm missing 1-3 covers for everyone else (not including the 4-star characters).

Yes, I had to work for it, especially the magneto and ragnarok covers.

Do you want everything handed to you on a silver platter?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    palenoue wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:

If the game upsets you this much, maybe it's not for you. This attitude certainly won't endear you to the other players on the forums, and isn't likely to get your opinions treated seriously.

And I think it's other players saying you're being rude. As far as I've seen, the D3 employees who post here just ignore rude posts rather than engage with people looking for a fight.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    palenoue wrote:
    Or the ones who delete the game as soon as they realize they will never get Iron Man 40 or Invisible Woman no matter how many token they throw away?

I like how he posts this literally the day after the second guaranteed free IM40 in a week
  • palenoue wrote:

You are being rude. Calling for people you don't know to be fired or suggesting that they have drug addictions or mental problems is rude. There is no need for that. Even if you cannot accept the game for what it is and get upset, there is no good reason to be rude about it.