Loki needs immediate attention. buff him more for PVP

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I cannot remember who said it or where, but a cool ability for Loki to have would be to turn into an avenger (just a suggestion) for a turn and have 1 of their abilities. For example:

1 Cover: 10 AP: Transform into Ironman (3*) and use Unibeam
    2 Covers: 10 AP: Transform into Hulk and use Thunderous Clap
    3 Covers: 12 AP: Transform into GS Black Widow and use Pistol
    4 Covers: 12 AP: Transform into Captain America (3*) and use Star-Spangled Avenger
    5 Covers: 14 AP: Transform into Thor and use Call the Storm

Of course each abilities damage would scale with Loki's level.

But I think this would be an appropriate third ability for him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A little bit of base damage on his purple power would be a nice touch too.

That, or have it play the Price is Right lose chime when it doesn't make a single match.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Best buff for Loki would be to speed up his purple animation. Half the time I don't use it simply because it's so boring.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Who cares about the ROI here? Really, it's the fact that it's something 1 person could do in a day. 5 characters could get easy fixes and give us way more variety. Not doing it just makes them seem disconnected and uncaring. It's been an issue for so long and it's an issue they keep over thinking and over complicating when so many veteran players know how easy it could be.

Well, your choice is incompetence or apathy. It's one or the other (or maybe both).
  • Unknown
    Options
    The devs now only do things which can be directly measured in money gained. Generally making the player base happier and more likely to spend money is impossible to measure. Generally making the game better and more likely to bring in new money-spending players and retain existing players is impossible to measure. If their metrics show people leaving in droves then maybe they'll be able to get permission to do things to make people happier with the game in a non-money-spending way, but for the moment it's clear that things like rebalancing old characters is not only not high on the agenda it's barely even on the agenda.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Who cares about the ROI here? Really, it's the fact that it's something 1 person could do in a day. 5 characters could get easy fixes and give us way more variety. Not doing it just makes them seem disconnected and uncaring. It's been an issue for so long and it's an issue they keep over thinking and over complicating when so many veteran players know how easy it could be.

Because there isn't some kind of public test server what's likely is you do what you think are some easy fixes and end up breaking 8 characters somehow. While there might be some additional revenue generated from someone who is suddenly way overpowered, this is probably not the best way to make money. After all, if you don't care about game balance, it'd be easier to just release a new P2W character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Because there isn't some kind of public test server what's likely is you do what you think are some easy fixes and end up breaking 8 characters somehow. While there might be some additional revenue generated from someone who is suddenly way overpowered, this is probably not the best way to make money. After all, if you don't care about game balance, it'd be easier to just release a new P2W character.

They have testers and the ability to simulate and analyze thousands of matches at once. Not that they can get it perfect every time, but that's no excuse to stop trying.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

However for the PVP, I was requesting an additional buff, and it doesn't have to be crazy. Buff him enough to be the level of a fully buffed, fully covered (as though he were 13/13 if he was 10/10), featured character. Not really a game breaking deal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

They have testers and the ability to simulate and analyze thousands of matches at once. Not that they can get it perfect every time, but that's no excuse to stop trying.

This, absolutely
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

This, absolutely
    Unfortunately, it seems like their test build is in the negative zone, where down is up and the points are like whoseline
  • Unknown
    Options
    They just need to bring back Transmogrify.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just curious, since I wasn't good enough back in the day to have Loki, what was his previous third power?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    avs962 wrote:
    Just curious, since I wasn't good enough back in the day to have Loki, what was his previous third power?
    It wasn't a third power, it was his...purple? Basically, it was like forest fire, except actually affordable
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm thinking one of two abilities.don't have any name, color or ap cost suggestions for them.

A dagger attack similar to psy's black.

Stun misdirection where (possibly a passive ability that activates similar to Falcon's blue) a stun is either deflected to the other team or stun is removed from a member an placed on a character on the other team. I think the former (passive) method would be better and more interesting.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I cannot remember who said it or where, but a cool ability for Loki to have would be to turn into an avenger (just a suggestion) for a turn and have 1 of their abilities. For example:

1 Cover: 10 AP: Transform into Ironman (3*) and use Unibeam
    2 Covers: 10 AP: Transform into Hulk and use Thunderous Clap
    3 Covers: 12 AP: Transform into GS Black Widow and use Pistol
    4 Covers: 12 AP: Transform into Captain America (3*) and use Star-Spangled Avenger
    5 Covers: 14 AP: Transform into Thor and use Call the Storm

Of course each abilities damage would scale with Loki's level.

But I think this would be an appropriate third ability for him.

Pretty sure that ability is reserved for Fury only.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm thinking one of two abilities.don't have any name, color or ap cost suggestions for them.

A dagger attack similar to psy's black.

Stun misdirection where (possibly a passive ability that activates similar to Falcon's blue) a stun is either deflected to the other team or stun is removed from a member an placed on a character on the other team. I think the former (passive) method would be better and more interesting.

There aren't very many stuns though, and it looks like the devs have moved away from stuff like that in their character designs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    He is what he is. Loki is weak without being surrounded by the strong. It's how his character rolls. But he is tricky as a basket of ****. If they made his purple stopable like a slot machine he would immediately have one of the coolest powers in the game that synced with every player in the game. Also it would make me not dread that animation. Please make this change?
  • Unknown
    Options
    He is what he is. Loki is weak without being surrounded by the strong. It's how his character rolls. But he is tricky as a basket of ****. If they made his purple stopable like a slot machine he would immediately have one of the coolest powers in the game that synced with every player in the game. Also it would make me not dread that animation. Please make this change?
  • Unknown
    Options
    yah I made a huge mistake in putting iso into him earlier this week. Been using Patch/OBW and him in the PvP- it was great before because OBW was still using espionage for black so I could easily pump up green and black and then convert the purple strikes to shields which is pretty much game over. But now Loki is stronger in black so its taking longer. boo. Wish I could de-level.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    avs962 wrote:
    It wasn't a third power, it was his...purple? Basically, it was like forest fire, except actually affordable

Ih, so he just took a 5 ap dump on the enemies' plans?