Time for the end of the events

Options
Someone might have written something about that, but us, europeans, have problems to end correctly an event.

Most of the time, the event end is around 6 a.m for us. That's not really fair because we can't fight with our american friends till the end of the event icon_e_wink.gif

Wouldn't it be possible to end more often the event around 6 p.m for U.S (midnight for us, or 6 pm for us ?). It would be fair for everyone. We cannot play until 6 a.m, and not easy to wake up at 5.30 a.m to end an event.

Thank you...

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I feel your pain, but this has been brought up hundreds of times and the devs don't seem to care. Their logic is that it's always 6am somewhere, so no matter how they time the events someone is going to get ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I understand the logic, but it seems (more than it seems, it is) much more often 6 a.m in Europe icon_e_wink.gif

What i mean is that around 80 % of the event finish at 6 a.m in Europe...We could share that, just to be fair...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the simplest solution would be this, rotate the times the events finish. So with Pve one event will finish at 6am for US players and then the next event will finish at 6am for the European players. The same times could then be used for PVP. Then for the overall events in Pve and PVP the same thing applies, the 7day Pve event will finish at 6am for the US users and then the next Big PVE event will finish at 6am for the European players. Same deal for the season pvp events. It's really not hard to set something like that up, especially since D3 has gotten a lot of complaints about it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Does anyone have stats on the player distribution? If the players are 90% in the Americas, they may see less incentive to play with the times than if it's more even.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    If the players are 90% in the Americas
    Chicken & egg.
    I hope you realize that a lot of would-be European players would try out the game a bit, find that they cannot achieve any kind of sane placement due to shoddy ending times, and would then just pass on the game entirely and look for something else.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And if you finish an event at midnight in Europe, it's only 6 p.m in U.S...

If some europeans try the game and see that all events (most of) finish a 6 a.m, sure they will stop to play, just as you say.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They've experimented a bit with subevents in PvE that end two hours later every time. I would hope they're gathering metrics on those to consider opening up event ending times a bit more.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I´m EU player a I have been in game for around 70 days. I can tell you that atleast 2/3 of end times are against EU playerbase.
    For example PVP events: 2 events end at 06.00 am. for EU, next one 06.00 pm. for EU, next 2 again at 06.00 am. and so on.

Im working guy, I play via steam. I get up at 05.00 am when event end at 06.00, I play one hour and the I go sleep for around 45 minutes.
    OR - when event end at 06.00 pm, I get up at 06.00 am, play for 45 minutes and then go to work.
    It is quite irritating.

This is The most hardcore, time-consuming game I have ever played. I must constantly think about it - now, without proper healing, I need to play in exact times when
    game requires it.

I, too would really like rotating end times.
    Devs never told us, why they are so stuborn and don´t listen to us. Maybe they have big US playerbase. But, as written above, better EU end times = more EU players.