After the latest update, the game is no longer worth playing

Options
The game is now a complete ripoff. First, Storm (classic) is now disabled. It used to be that her blue power would majorly destroy the opponents, now she just kicks them in the shin. The damage is only 10% of what it was before.

The scoring system is horrible and nearly impossible to comprehend. In the last 5 minutes of the first Double Shot tournament, I was in first place, with second place about 120 points behind me. After I finished the last game, I was a Top 50 finisher. How many people could have possibly attacked me in the very last moments of the game? That was complete ****!

The new quest, "The Hunt" requires Invisible Woman. If you have her, that's great, but she will be really weak, and they force you to use her against characters that are well beyond anything you could ever build yours up to be. I tried to get invisible woman out of the recruit section, only to get the extremely lame-**** and useless Hawkeye (modern), and another Spider-Man (classic). If I go to a comic shop, and I want to buy something, I select what I want, I don't just give the guy my money and have him pick something out at random. That definitely needs to be changed.

Finally, a few weeks ago, while playing the Avengers Only tournament, I reached level 600, which offered 500 tokens. It never payed, and I wasn't the only one to complaint. The person answering these issues in this forum told me to resubmit in-game, and I did, several times, and still no response.

It seems that every time they have an update, it gets worse for the player and better for them, as it will cost you dearly to buy what you need to advance. It has changed from a very enjoyable game to one that is just not worth playing anymore.

Return Storm's powers, let US select the covers we need, and stop unfairly empowering opponent characters.

And another thing, you can make limited covers more accessible. I want the Punisher, but at this rate, I will never get him, just like Invisible Woman, which I need to get Punisher. There should be a way for me to be able to get these without shelling out $100 of hard-earned money on something that I'll never really own. I'll buy real games for my console instead.

Comments

• palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    You think maybe if we wrote DC and told them how Marvel is screwing up they'll make a game like this but get it right?
  • The game is now a complete ripoff. First, Storm (classic) is now disabled. It used to be that her blue power would majorly destroy the opponents, now she just kicks them in the shin. The damage is only 10% of what it was before.

Storm was incredibly overpowered before this change. Nearly every team i came across in PvP events was her, Thor and either the buffed player or a high level IM mk.40. What kind of game of playing strategy and using different characters is it when theres only one real choice for every match?

In addition, C. Storm is a 2 star character, yet she is a choice above all other characters, including the 4 stars? They were bound to do something, and I bet they arent done changing C. Storm either.
    The new quest, "The Hunt" requires Invisible Woman. If you have her, that's great, but she will be really weak, and they force you to use her against characters that are well beyond anything you could ever build yours up to be. *snip*

This criticism i agree with. Although i tried rather hard to get my hands on Invisible Woman from the last tourney, I was not able to do so. I don't have a problem with there being a level that requires her... that's a great bonus to those players who won the last event. However, making the level that requires her the one that gives the most amount of points is a bit unfair to everyone who *doesn't* have her.

Is the level requiring Invisible Woman repeatable like the two before it? If it isn't, then the situation isn't that bad, because the two levels before it are repeatable and can be used to make up the difference. If it IS repeatable, though, it may give an unfair advantage to a small percentage of the overall populace (if they an somehow manage to get over the high level opponents icon_e_surprised.gif )

Like i mentioned prior, I am not against having a side mission / level requiring the character given away in the previous event. My suggestion would be to offer a mission that requires that character cover to offer some good side awards (like critical boosts, 250 Iso-8 or a chance at a rare / heroic card) instead of a high amount of the event currency. This way, the players who play the game from week to week recognize the continuity of the events and the progression is not hindered for those who did not win.
    And another thing, you can make limited covers more accessible. I want the Punisher, but at this rate, I will never get him, just like Invisible Woman, which I need to get Punisher. There should be a way for me to be able to get these without shelling out $100 of hard-earned money on something that I'll never really own. I'll buy real games for my console instead.

The limited nature of these covers right now may be due to the fact that these events specifically mentioned that we had a way to win these characters *before* they were released. IceX, does this mean that these covers will reach a wider audience in the near future? Might they have events similiar to the IM mk 40 event that "spread the wealth" so to speak to those of us who did not win him during the early release event?

The game actually hasnt been out that long. If we remove the randomness of the cover draws, it will become a much more linear, and much more boring game in my humble opinion. I could, however, do without so many draws of Black Widow or IM mk 35 when I already have those characters' abilities maxed... icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Aeros wrote:
    The limited nature of these covers right now may be due to the fact that these events specifically mentioned that we had a way to win these characters *before* they were released. IceX, does this mean that these covers will reach a wider audience in the near future? Might they have events similiar to the IM mk 40 event that "spread the wealth" so to speak to those of us who did not win him during the early release event?
    Exactly correct, that's how we've released all new characters so far. They're released as prizes for a given Event or Tourney, then a little bit afterwards we start doling them out in wider swaths. We have no intention of making a character exclusive to a couple hundred players that win a Tournament. While that'd be a cool exclusive prize, that's a ton of work to put into something only a small fraction of the player base would *ever* see.
  • i thought this forum was suggestions and feedback, not whining
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    i thought this forum was suggestions and feedback, not whining

Is that a suggestion or feedback?

*runs away*
  • I call dibs on posters iso!

for ragers...can we implement that into the system? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Exactly correct, that's how we've released all new characters so far. They're released as prizes for a given Event or Tourney, then a little bit afterwards we start doling them out in wider swaths. We have no intention of making a character exclusive to a couple hundred players that win a Tournament. While that'd be a cool exclusive prize, that's a ton of work to put into something only a small fraction of the player base would *ever* see.

So how many tokens do we have to burn through to get one of these rare characters? 500? 5,000? 5 million? I've already wasted over a hundred tokens and got mostly **** with only a few 1-star covers that could be used and a single 2-star. You honestly think people are give you money with those odds? If they do, they'll feel like being ripped off and tell their friends to avoid the game. Great marketing strategy!
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

*runs away*

It's an observation.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    palenoue wrote:
    So how many tokens do we have to burn through to get one of these rare characters? 500? 5,000? 5 million? I've already wasted over a hundred tokens and got mostly **** with only a few 1-star covers that could be used and a single 2-star. You honestly think people are give you money with those odds? If they do, they'll feel like being ripped off and tell their friends to avoid the game. Great marketing strategy!

hahaha I love how to gamers these days, "rare" means "takes more than 20 minutes of effort to get but oh dear god damn well not more than a few days"
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

*runs away*

It's an observation.

Yeah, well, this isn't the observation forum. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote: