Heal upon level up

Options
I think it is time to resurrect an old RPG staple and have each character gain a full heal upon leveling up.

This would let people effectively spend ISO to heal (their not maxed) characters while strengthening their roster.
If diversity is actually a goal the devs are trying to achieve this would promote that in spades. Use that non-maxed char you haven't touched in ages because you can heal him after every fight as long as you have iso. This would be a win win for players and devs, with the recent changes in cost to ISO dangling a carrot like level heals in front of people makes that ISO purchase look that much more tasty.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MPQ used to do this. I used leveling for healing many times in 2013. I'm not sure exactly when it stopped working.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also as I am sure everyone noticed trying out the idea of suggestions as polls, as proposed by cragger here
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The developers have stated that they want to see more max level characters, using ISO to level and potentially heal a downed featured character fits well into their perceived play style. And for all we know, players may purchase ISO to level/heal throughout a tournament. With reduced price/ISO, this may even start to seem a viable strategy for leveling a featured character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry to say but this wont happen again. D3P changed it some time in Nov-Dec 2013.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This caused people to sit on ISO as a healing tool, and undervalued health packs. When they removed level-up healing, they significantly increased the refresh rate on health packs to the current 36-minute rate. I don't remember what it was before then, but it was a good bit slower.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    This caused people to sit on ISO as a healing tool, and undervalued health packs. When they removed level-up healing, they significantly increased the refresh rate on health packs to the current 36-minute rate. I don't remember what it was before then, but it was a good bit slower.
    Found it:

Patch R41, November 8 2013. Level-up healing removed, health pack replenishment increased from 1-per-96 to 1-per-36 minutes, and max of four free to max of five, but health packs also increased in price significantly. (They were crazy cheap originally, 15 HP for one, but it was still better to level up instead).

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=518&p=4057
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    96 minutes?!! This was just before I started playing.
    Please do not put this back into D3's heads! We should diligently remove all references to this time-frame before they re-institute it... icon_eek.gif