Forum Suggestion - Disable Reputation in S&F

Options
Cragger
Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
In the form of the thumbs up/down butons we currently have a good method of providing feedback to useful posts in the general discussion and other frequented forums. The utility of this function is limited in the Alliance forum to prevent reputation abuse. I propose that we implement the same change to reputation scores in this forum, Suggestions and Feedback, to allow for more users to give a simple "thumbs up/down" to support good ideas with less worry about reputation spam. Throw out a crazy idea or a well-planned thesis, we all vote, your reputation remains intact regardless of the viability of your idea.

Since this forum receives light posting, but is likely lurked at high frequency by established users and unregistered users alike, it may engender a more democratic feel to the suggestions, drawing in more regular interaction. Those suggestions that are well received by the population will go green, while those that are not will go red or just fall to the bottom of the forums.

Alternate idea - Sticky a formatting instructions thread asking that all new suggestions and feedback threads be formatted as a poll with two options: agree or disagree. Polls get more votes than posts in all sub-forums, and could provide good feedback on suggestions.

In general, how can we make this sub-forum more interactive?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I like the poll idea, even if no other changes I will start doing this
  • Unknown
    Options
    It was announced as turned off in alliance chat but I don't think it actually happened.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    It was announced as turned off in alliance chat but I don't think it actually happened.
    It's probably coming with the new mods. icon_lol.gif