Another rash decision or no biggie?

Options
I'm sure a lot of people are happy with the latest Character Level Shift, it's nice to see your characters boosted up. These people should also consider this happened to everyone, so there's likely many other people who took more advantage than you from this.

Personally I'm not happy with it, might look like a small thing but I lost my BWO's blue espionage when teamed up with **Magneto. It's my 2nd setup so I can deal with it despite the unfairness but I was wondering if this update affected anyone else in a similar way.

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    But if your oBW had blue over Magneto MN, it means that your Magneto is underleveled. He is not the ideal partner for oBW regardless. MMN goes best with classic Storm, and oBW, with red/green/yellow guys.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you have/had Classic Storm and OBW combination, you should know having Storm 84 is would let your OBW espionage blue. Having a few or even a dozen level missing can well worth in such situations. Despite lacking red/green/yellow/black, OBW/**Magneto/**Storm can be a great combo in certain situations such as slow cooldown PVE.

This kind of stuff is disputable and we can spend hours debating what is good or bad. The fact is everyone has their own play styles and different bejeweled skills and skill understanding.

More important fact is, it's completely irrelevant! The topic is about whether if this change affected people's setup/gameplay in a bad manner or not.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It seems to me that the level adjustment makes uncommon, rare and legendary units more playable with lower numbers of covers, which will probably help push that "diversity" angle for the center of the bell curve of the player population, who are likely working with uncommon teams with a handful of rare covers and the occasional legendary (like the XForce Wolverine that comes from daily supply rewards). On that count, it's probably a decent change.

...that said, it looks like it's going to magnify the difference in power level between tiers when looking at fully developed characters. That's not a Good Thing.

It seems like a hasty band-aid fix to foster roster diversity, with unfortunate long term problems.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Dude, I understand your pain if that's how you used to play, but I run cStorm and MMN for PvE with gusto, too, and I find them capable of getting 9 purple or 11 blue. With Hood, it's even easier, even if he only has 1-2 blue covers. The whole purpose of running MMN is to use Polarity Shift into Windstorm, so I don't see why you would want to add oBW with her own superb blue and purple skills into the mix. For her Espionage only? But Espionage wants strike tile users. For me, it's too much overlap, but I'm simplistic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've hard it from others, but personally I have no complaints. On the contrary, I'm having fun with my shiny new lvl 145 Punisher. icon_mrgreen.gificon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry about necro-ish post in advance, I just remembered making this topic.
    locked wrote:
    Dude, I understand your pain if that's how you used to play, but I run cStorm and MMN for PvE with gusto, too, and I find them capable of getting 9 purple or 11 blue. With Hood, it's even easier, even if he only has 1-2 blue covers. The whole purpose of running MMN is to use Polarity Shift into Windstorm, so I don't see why you would want to add oBW with her own superb blue and purple skills into the mix. For her Espionage only? But Espionage wants strike tile users. For me, it's too much overlap, but I'm simplistic.

Okay so I get Hood and use him in team instead you say? Tomorrow it's not that unlikely Hood gets nerfed to, let's say, stealing only yellow, by Dormammu's Aid. You might not be in the same position with me but I don't play everyday for 5 hours. You might have lots of substitutes for things but I try to get only what would be good.

You are missing the point. This is one of many examples, I constantly get hit by different changes and so is my girlfriend. I get that a lot of people is but it's so often, some of those who don't play everyday for 3+ hours can't build towards anything. Exactly when I completely build thor it got nerfed, exactly when my girfriend completely built black widow, she got obsolete, I'm sure some people were hurt by spider-man nerf too, for example.

***Can you put yourself in that position? You don't have that much time to play, so you focus on events where you would work towards building spider-man. And when you finally get all the covers you want with full level, it gets nerfed to ground.

Main reason this happens is the initial balance of abilities were/are a joke. Some characters are completely useless(bag-man) while some are exploitable(ex-oBW) and others are just much, much stronger (hulk). While nerfing oBW, spider-man, thor and I don't know what else from my casual gaming POV, selectively, they don't nerf the other powerful characters and let the weak ones stay weak. They are not balancing the game this way at all. Someone or two in dev team are making terrible decisions and I'm just hoping to stir up some sound so this game can be something more people enjoy.

There are certain things wrong with the game that would by now be very hard to fix. Making small balance attempts only screw it up. A grand patch, where people could prefer falcon to ***magneto, yelena to juggernaut, so that it would be a matter of choice after this "smoothing the rough edges"(of too strong/weak).

If too lazy, NOT doing something like introducing a ** human torch months after the *** version, would be a good choice. Also empowering example: Wolverine x-force to be more preferable than Magneto*** would be less frustrating than screwing up Spider-Man** because it's "too stronk".

Also I contacted the customer service, they asked my game ID, I gave and they didn't respond. No progress.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I'm not defending every change, but this one and exactly your oBW losing blue to the same rarity character (who has blue as his strongest colour, after all) due to level shift would not seem as the devs' worst action, just an unfortunate (for you) side effect. As I said, I wouldn't even understand why you would want to run MMN with oBW as their combo is pretty weak by all standards, when instead you can enjoy oBW's Espionage with all the RGY guys and have MMN tank blue for cStorm. Covers for RGY (Ares-Thor-Wolvie) and cStorm characters, you can have easily by simply playing Versus battles, so excuse me for failing to be sympathetic to this one bit. You should have been here long enough to pick up better combos than oBW-MMN, anyway.

As for other changes, I know most of them completely sucked for the players (except respec, some others).
    BTW oBW wasn't nerfed that much, she is still the best 2* support character. Obsolete is a strange word choice. Spidey was ruined, agreed. Thor was not nerfed, but actually fixed/balanced. He is one of the best 2* damage dealers and is the only character funbalanced right so far (and maybe Falcon, but Falcon was balanced very soon after his release).
    Hood should be safe and he was never considered OP in the first place. His measly HP (lowest tier among all the 3*s which only includes Mohawk Storm as well) is his balancing act (also lazy Daken).

Edit: oh and making X-Force stronger than cMagneto who is only the only invincible character right now (the other used to be Spidey) would be stupid on the devs' part. He's hard to make right, anyway, because he is a RGY pure damage type and he should NOT make all the 3* damage dealers obsolete if made too powerful. That would make the game strictly P2W. We might see a lot of Furys already, but at least only from whales and not the majority.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I used OBW/2star Magneto & damaged 3rd all the time in prologue against weak goons... prior to the introduction of trivial healing... sigh