Alliance Commander Demotes

Options
Inactive commanders cannot be demoted or kicked by other commanders. We need a new system where there's an Alliance Leader as the "head honcho" and Alliance Officers who have the ability to kick members.

I really hate how I have to create a ticket to remove the commander position from certain players and even that takes WAY TOO LONG.

As for a solo commander in an Alliance, there should be a vote system within the guild after "X" events that he/she is scoreless. If that player becomes inactive for too long the entire Alliance gets to "vote for demotion" where majority (2/3) can decide. If it goes through, Commander will be passed on automatically to the highest scoring player in either PvP or PvE events (maybe use highest rank in Season for easier coding).

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Tavanh wrote:
    Inactive commanders cannot be demoted or kicked by other commanders. We need a new system where there's an Alliance Leader as the "head honcho" and Alliance Officers who have the ability to kick members.

I really hate how I have to create a ticket to remove the commander position from certain players and even that takes WAY TOO LONG.

As for a solo commander in an Alliance, there should be a vote system within the guild after "X" events that he/she is scoreless. If that player becomes inactive for too long the entire Alliance gets to "vote for demotion" where majority (2/3) can decide. If it goes through, Commander will be passed on automatically to the highest scoring player in either PvP or PvE events (maybe use highest rank in Season for easier coding).

An alliance with a single commander could mean that the commander spent thousands of HP buying those extra 15 slots. I'd kick the steaming tiny kitty out of you if you tried to remove me after spending all of that cash. I suggest you rethink the second part of your idea.

If I pay and want to be inactive, you can go ahead and find yourself a new alliance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just realized that you are correct. A single commander does spend a generous amount for slots and should be entitled to do whatever he/she wants with his/her guild. Though we do need some way to demote multiple commanders in guilds where are work as an Allaince in earning slots. Even if you helped out, going dark for months probably means you've quit the game.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There should be two ranks, Alliance leader and Commander. Leadership would first go to the creator. Leaders would have additional powers above commander to demote or kick commanders and to pass on their leadership to a commander.

Commander status should automatically time out after a month of inactivity, but leadership would be permanent. If your leader idles out, eventually people will abandon the alliance anyway in most cases.