Adjust healing rate for main PVP character

Options
Breakking
Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
How about doubling the rate of current rate of healing for the required PVP character only? It will keep players playing somewhat longer and maybe encourage a little more character diversity in PVP. The main character will heal up faster than the others so in order to continue to play at the same rate, the other 2 characters will have to be swapped in/out

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This does already work to some extent. The rate of healing is based off of their normal stats, but translates to more life/time gained.

Example: Professor Xavier is the featured character in a tournament. He normally has 1000 HP and recovers at the normal rate for a three star character. He gets a 50% boost in his featured tournament for a total of 1500 HP in the match. You play a round and he loses 500 HP. Exit the round and he will start to heal, however, he does not need to heal 500 points, he only needs to heal 333 points. He heals proportionately as fast as the boost given if you only use him in the featured PvP.

This has been very evident with the massive boost to She-Hulk in the Heroic Dark Avengers missions.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I want to play for an extended amount of time, I just use the loaner character and let the two other characters do all the heavy lifting. Then when I'm at the end of my run, I use my featured character so it will be my defensive representative once I'm ready to stop or shield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The healing rate is already increased proportional to the level increase. You're probably thinking about the problem where your level 212 guy tanks 5 out of 7 (or more) colors and ends up needing a lot of healing, but that's because he's tanking 5 out of 7 colors, not because his regen is too slow. I'm not sure there's a clean way to resolve this issue because tanking 5 out of 7 colors should be disadvantageous (team is imbalanced) so you shouldn't fundamentally award an imbalanced team, but a maxed featured character is always part of an imbalanced team.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since character health is global, that would mean a featured character starts healing faster for the duration of the PvP even if you're using them in PvE and SHIELD Sim instead. Seems a bit odd. Not absolutely impossible, but odd.