Reminder - Where to Complain

Options
TLDR: Not here

These forums are a honeypot to segregate the vocal minority from the passive majority. We wander in and get stuck complaining where nobody can see. We've got so much more to complain about now than we did last week and so much more free time to make those complaints - so let's take sightseeing tour of the many wonderful places where you can go to sling mud at Demiurge/D3.

App Ratings

Demiurge/D3 do not care if you leave as long as they have a steady stream of new customers. Those new customers are far less likely to download a 1-star app than a 4-star app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvel- ... 49779?mt=8

Your 1* reviews have already dropped this to 3.5 stars - otherwise known as a solid C-. Let's get it down to D- territory at least. It takes a second of your time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .mpq&hl=en

What is Google+? Maybe sit this one out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234330

For you lucky skunks with landscape mode and lousy IAP options.

Facebook - Where grandmothers go to die

Wanna back up data? You need a Facebook account. That means a good portion of the continuing userbase has the potential to visit the increasingly irrelevant social media site.

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest

The official app page on Facebook. Some blameless social media drone posts updates every 2-3 days to announce new PVP and PVE. Feel free to act without honor or humanity in the comments section.

https://www.facebook.com/DemiurgeStudios

Demiurge takes credit for MPQ as one of its two original games on its website. Right now it's official Facebook presence is a nice, quiet, sleepy place for Demiurge to pat itself on the back. Give'em a love tap.

https://www.facebook.com/D3Publisher

Looks like the social media drone cross-posts here occasionally. Stop by and say hello!

Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelPuzzle

This is how people communicate when they are not swiping on Tinder or creeping on Grindr. Just tweet complaints with the #MarvelPuzzleQuest hashtag and their poor intern will take notice. Remember - interns are not people because people have rights.

Teh M3d14!!!

http://toucharcade.com/2014/06/27/marve ... e-healing/

This should stay on Touch Arcade's main page for a good portion of Monday. The comments section is a nice place to vent. I see TRez there - miss that guy

tips@toucharcade.com

Their e-mail address. E-mail is a method of attaching pictures of your junk to longform text messages that get sent to clunky, immobile skype machines. Ask your step-mom.

gametips@venturebeat.com

Albert Reed, aka Demiurge_Al (a vile slur on these forums) wrote a series of cray-cray articles in which he claims that the game events, PVP nonsense and token drop rate nerfing are popular with players. Meanwhile, on Earth, you can send their reporters tips about current player dissatisfaction.

Bizarro Forums

EDIT 7/5/2014: Wow, they took the forums down when people found their Facebook page. Real classy.

Comments

• AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the lower tier of support/complaint department isn't listening then escalate your dissatisfaction

D3P/Demiurge not listening or dont care?

Take your feedback to Marvel and explain how disappointed you are with D3P/Demiurge's use of the Marvel license, be constructive and concise.

Take it a step further by sending feedback to Disney, they may tell you to take your feedback back to the developer/publisher but don't get discouraged, keep sending your feedback to the higher ups (don't spam them though), if enough people express their discontent believe me, someone up the food chain will listen and start looking into the issue

You can do the same thing mentioned above, go to Marvel and/or Disney's twitter and use the #MarvelPuzzleQuest hash tag, go to Marvel and Disney Facebook pages, etc

If you're truly dissatisfied with the game then remember, you have many people to reach out to, someone will listen
  • Unknown
    Options
    opiJ3Se.jpg?1

Demiurge's Facebook page seems especially helpful.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Don't let your boss catch you complaining at work. There Rio, I paid attention to your needs.
    Very funny. You're a regular laugh riot, aren't you?
    Maybe take that act to Vegas?
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Don't let your boss catch you complaining at work. There Rio, I paid attention to your needs.

You're right that remote access will not work for you in your situation. I was posting from the perspective of someone who regularly uses remote access software from his personal smartphone on his personal data plan. As such, your vociferous response came as a surprise to me. Rather than sucking it up maturely, I sniped back. I shall remove the dig at you from my initial post.
  • _RiO_
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

You're right that remote access will not work for you in your situation. I was posting from the perspective of someone who regularly uses remote access software from his personal smartphone on his personal data plan. As such, your vociferous response came as a surprise to me. Rather than sucking it up maturely, I sniped back. I shall remove the dig at you from my initial post.

Thank you. And upvoted for the curteous, if somewhat snarky, apology. icon_e_smile.gif

I actually hadn't considered using remote access software from a smartphone. Wonder how that would work with the screen size and real-estate use of the PC version of the game though. My gut tells me that wouldn't go over well.
    Also; ouch! I wouldn't want to do that on any kind of data plan as offered here in my country. Mobile data plans are sadly ridiculously expensive here; it'd probably be cheaper to just buy the health-packs for that one long evening stretch...
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together for us Ghast. I've just simply stop posting because in the end, there is no point.

I did come across something I thought should be mentioned. Demiurge controls the development of the game so I just wanted to point out who that is.

Wouldn't it be great just to email them directly and speak your mind icon_e_biggrin.gif

Demiurge Studios

Art Director:
    Leland Hepler

Art:
    Anthoney Feliciano
    Tom Lin
    Eric B. Orr
    Katie Stampf
    Chen-Jun Jae Tsai

Audio:
    Keith Zizza

Business & Legal:
    Bill Reed

Design Lead:
    Will Jennings

Design:
    Dan Chretien
    Josh Glavine
    Jared Goldberg
    Jesse King
    Casey Malone
    Bart Simon

Development Director:
    Kevin Teich

Engineering:
    Tim Andrianoff
    Matt Durgavich
    Chris Ho
    Chris Linder
    Owen Raccuglia
    Alex Rice
    Adam Rosenfield
    Scott Sanderson
    Andrew Wesson
    Luna White
    Joe Zupko

Executive Producer:
    Albert Reed

Production:
    Nick Poole
    Kurt Reiner

Quality Assurance Lead:
    Jimmy Storey

Quality Assurance:
    Miles Benjamin
    Derek Decoux
    Dave Denton
    Lucien LeMenager
    Nate Newby-Kew
    Kyle Todesca

Writing:
    Alex Irvine
    Frank Tieri

Demiurge Studios is
    Liang Li
  • Unknown
    Options
    Original post updated now that the cowards at Demiurge have disabled their own forums.

Their phone number is still up, though.
    Voice (617) 354-7772
    Fax (617) 354-7277

On a completely related note, the app rating on ios has dropped from 4 to 3.5 to a lowly 3 stars now. Let's keep chipping away and see what happens when we hit 2*s.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Original post updated now that the cowards at Demiurge have disabled their own forums.

Voice (617) 354-7772
    Fax (617) 354-7277

On a completely related note, the app rating on ios has dropped from 4 to 3.5 to a lowly 3 stars now. Let's keep chipping away and see what happens when we hit 2*s.

They re-release the exact same game and call it a "Gold Version."
  • _RiO_
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

Voice (617) 354-7772
    Fax (617) 354-7277

They re-release the exact same game and call it a "Gold Version."

A new entry that will have few positive ratings to offset the enormous landslide of negative ratings that will result when disgruntled players find out and copy their reviews over en masse.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

This is misleading. I was on the Demiurge forums before all topics of MPQ was moved here. That's also where I went for customer support. They shut down their forums for the same problems we're having here, ridiculous amounts of spam. Don't badmouth like this if you're aware of the reason.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

This is misleading. I was on the Demiurge forums before all topics of MPQ was moved here. That's also where I went for customer support. They shut down their forums for the same problems we're having here, ridiculous amounts of spam. Don't badmouth like this if you're aware of the reason.

Demiurge kept their forums up for months after the spambot took over and only took them down a few days after I made this post and locked and I started haunting their FB page. I feel comfortable with my conclusion but would be happy to entertain any evidence to the contrary.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Put the "tldr" at the beginning...

Guiness-Brilliant!.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Someone just needs to package the entire "True Healing" saga and ship it off in a nicely edited and readable format to Kotaku. There's plenty of points of interest including a forum mod stepping down over it, having to shut down parts of their facebook, devs ignoring everyone, and players leaving in droves. Kotaku has already did a coverage of Dungeon Keeper's F2P issues which are far less offensive than Demi/D3's behavior and stunts. Let Kotaku have this story and blow it wide open for the world to see.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bumping this green(!) thread.