True Healing - Not so bad

At first i was in a rage, i ranted , cursed and my blood pressure soared. But then i said, resistance to change is a natural reaction, so just be open minded ant try it. what i have found is that it does change the way the game is played but maybe for the better, since I am now forced to come up with combos and team ups, utilize some characters that i had never used and overall makes the game much more interesting. i am still missing normal healing and long rounds of fighting in versus and i think it would be tough to place higher that to 100 now but looking at the other end of the spectrum, for those people who spend tons of dollars on the game, there must be something that benefits them and the powered up rosters (they paid for it).

I would still suggest shorter health pack regenerate times and a couple more health packs. (which i think is reasonable). Its a beautiful game and while we may not agree with all the changes, this is life, so lets just adapt, we are human and are very capable of such.

Cant wait to see what the new leveling update will bring.....

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shurwyn wrote:
    At first i was in a rage, i ranted , cursed and my blood pressure soared. But then i said, resistance to change is a natural reaction, so just be open minded ant try it.
    Tried it. **** sucks. Impossible to play PvP for more than 2~3 matches. Ruins possibility to compete for PC/Steam players.
    Shurwyn wrote:
    for those people who spend tons of dollars on the game, there must be something that benefits them and the powered up rosters (they paid for it).
    No there shouldn't, that's what we call 'pay to win'. You are suggesting that it is OK that the ability to extend play time and gather more points be put behind a paywall. Would you still be OK with the developer just cutting out the middle man and directly allowing people to buy additional event placement points? Because that's what you're suggesting is OK to do, really...
    Shurwyn wrote:
    I would still suggest shorter health pack regenerate times and a couple more health packs. (which i think is reasonable). Its a beautiful game and while we may not agree with all the changes, this is life, so lets just adapt, we are human and are very capable of such.
    Not good enough. This still puts PC/Steam players at a severe disadvantage. Really, the only way to bridge that gap is to hand out a lot more health-packs and only have them refresh with a 24h roll-over. That way you aren't forced into a pattern of playing once every few hours or playing in a long sitting. You can distribute your health-pack use across the day however you desire.
    Shurwyn wrote:
    Cant wait to see what the new leveling update will bring.....
    It won't change a thing. Th leveling update is squarely being made because a 3 star characters starting at level 40 would look a lot more impressive to newbies unaware of the power curve in the game, than a level 15 character does. This move is purely being made to incentivize the purchase of additional roster slots, after they were changed into their more expensive 'packed' form. Relative power levels and growth factors are remaining mostly intact for all charaters and those are what really matters.

(When will people learn that for F2P titles you should always, ALWAYS evaluate changes from the developer's viewpoint and not from the players' viewpoint. Especially not if the players' viewpoint is handed to you cut & dry by the company's representative.)
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is one I agree with. Since I never used obw or spidy, I haven't really seen much difference. Except for my characters healing faster than before. So I would I have to say that for me, true healing was a good change. However, not everyone agrees with that. I understand that some people would use obw or spidy in a specific strategy that they had worked at long and hard to perfect. Now that strategy is useless and they are upset, understandably so. Yet, I have noticed that the ones that seem most upset are the ones that used obw and spidy as a "crutch". The ones with 2 or 3 mexed out obw. And now they have put a ton of resources into multiple copies just to have them made useless.

So I can understand why people are so upset. Lucky for me, spidy yellow was the only cover I did not have, and even though I enjoyed looking at obw's art work, I didnt really utilize her in my play style. So, as I said, I am one of the few that is happy with the change.

JJ
  • I appreciate seeing the characters heal faster. That's very convenient. Since the Spidey nerf I've largely switched to Hood, and recently I haven't been using Widow so much, so it doesn't hurt me so much either, though for PvE right now it would be convenient to still be able to fully utilize Widow's healing powers, what with the limited roster and part of the characters being not as useful as others (like 1* Hawkeye and Storm, Bagman and Daredevil).

I agree, they should have accelerated the health pack regeneration time along with that change, and it would be nice if you could properly collect health packs, instead of there being a limit to them (except when you get one or three in the daily lottery), then you could save them up, then use them in an extended play session. Both PC and mobile players profit from that (what PC players often fail to see is that mobile players can't play all day either, there's something called work that tends to restrict our play time considerably). But contrar to popular opinion, this change is not the end of the world.
  • As far as I can tell the score of everyone who doesn't aggressively shield fell off a cliff after the true healing change, so while your score is going to be a lot lower so is everyone else's. And you were never really going to catch the guys who shield aggressively before anyway. I guess it's harder to go for the 1100 progression reward though if you were ever contemplating going for that, you should not be worried about healing issues.
  • Rico Dredd wrote:
    I appreciate seeing the characters heal faster. That's very convenient.

Convenient for those who come back playing after 3h. No difference to those who come back after 8-12h.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    pasa_ wrote:
    Rico Dredd wrote:
    I appreciate seeing the characters heal faster. That's very convenient.

Convenient for those who come back playing after 3h. No difference to those who come back after 8-12h.

Indeed. Profoundly unfair for PC/Steam players.
  • psweiss
    psweiss Posts: 8
    I would have liked to see a more balanced approach to healing. I think it would be more fair to restrict in-battle healing so that at the end of the battle heroes finish at the health they started (or lower). For example, say Thor enters the battle at 4250 (990 below max health at full evo). During the battle, Spidey heals Thor to full health before the battle ends. As it is now, Thor finishes the battle at 4250 health less any damage taken before the end of the fight (even though he should finish at max health). I think it would be fair if Thor finished at 4250 which was where he started when the fight began, rather than having the damage persist after the end of the fight but the healing evaporate. If Thor had been at max health at the start, then he should be allowed to finish at max health at the end if the healing brought him to that hp level before battle's end.

Personally, I agree with the poster that it's rather fun to use some of the other heroes I've been eschewing in favor of my strongest matchup. For some reason, I'm lumped into brackets with much stronger participants than me so I can barely crack the top 100 most of the time. I still have fun playing even though I don't win a whole lot.
  • And the part where I point out that as a mobile player I can't play every 3 hours either because I have a job is overlooked...

A friend of mine is a PC player. And he benefits from that aspect - the faster healing - too, because he can play when he gets home from work, then again after dinner, with characters fully regenerated. Everybody does. Some more and some less, I'll give you that (but I might point out that a student who is a PC player will gain more from it during the summer holidays than a mobile player like me who still goes to work every Monday to Friday). But this aspect of the healing change is a good one.

Before someone cries foul now (if they have read that far, that is), bear in mind that I'm talking about ONE ASPECT of the changes.