Prevent multiple strikes from the same player.

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
In a recent PvP, I was attacked by the same player 3 times in the space of 5 minutes. I was playing a maxed LThor, Hulk, and BWGS, so I'm not sure how that's possible, but that's besides the point.

When someone attacks me, I should get a free shield against that person for at least 8 hours.

This would also stop the infamous Shield-hopping exploit. A B C D are in collusion. They each build up a score, then shield. D then unshields for a minute, A B C start attacking, then D reshields before the battles are over. A B C gain points, D loses nothing. Rotate the attacks around, and infinite points are possible.

With the free shield against recent attackers, no-one would need to worry about 300 points to the same person, and the shield-hop exploit would be disabled.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I don't know if we need immunity from a player for that long, but I think something like can't queue the same guy up again until 10 matches would make sense, assuming no retaliations are involved.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yeah, and don't forget to remove a player from my queue for good for at least 2,5 hours if I skip them; I don't want to pay the skip tax to see one and the same person 10 times in a row, and I don't care if everyone is shielded, show me shielded players, too, show shielded players for a minute every time they exit the game! That would allow for a much better pool and allow 3*s to attack same level opposition, not the lower points 2*s because lower points 3*s will retaliate successfully in 99% of cases.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is a classic, isn't it listed in the cumulative sticky?
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    This would also stop the infamous Shield-hopping exploit. A B C D are in collusion. They each build up a score, then shield. D then unshields for a minute, A B C start attacking, then D reshields before the battles are over. A B C gain points, D loses nothing. Rotate the attacks around, and infinite points are possible.

That is actually genius. I wish I had friends who played so I can do this as well, lol.

In any case, I wouldn't mind seeing a temp shield after a successful attach, but that just cuts out the potential field of people I can see, leading to more people complaining about the MMR bubbles and not having people to fight. Plus, free shield, that runs counter to forcing you to buy shields. Anything that lessens the chance of you buying a shield and possibly spending money is not something that D3 would happily add to the game.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I agree. Love the idea cause it serves a dual purpose