How to fix "True Healing"

Options
Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
This topic seems hot right now, so why not include all ideas in one spot.

I'll start:
#1 REVERSE IT!
#2 Expand the free health packs to more than 5 (between 10-20 would be optimal)
#3 Shorten the amount of time it takes for health packs to regenerate (5 minutes each)
#4 Make health packs heal all selected party members rather than just a single character
#5 Make health packs Iso not HP (20-40 Iso would be reasonable, this still lets the developers be greedy, while letting players grind if they choose)
#6 Ditch healing all together, make it more like the original Puzzle Quest which gave you full health after each game played.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    This topic seems hot right now, so why not include all ideas in one spot.

I'll start:
    #1 REVERSE IT!
    Obviously not going to happen.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    #2 Expand the free health packs to more than 5 (between 10-20 would be optimal)
    If this were to happen, which it won't, 10 would be more than sufficient.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    #3 Shorten the amount of time it takes for health packs to regenerate (5 minutes each)
    This is way too quick. 15 minutes would be a best case scenario.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    #4 Make health packs heal all selected party members rather than just a single character
    Unlikely to happen, but a better idea than the previous two.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    #5 Make health packs Iso not HP (20-40 Iso would be reasonable, this still lets the developers be greedy, while letting players grind if they choose)
    Except their revenue will drop since nobody buys ISO unless they're an idiot or rich or both.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    #6 Ditch healing all together, make it more like the original Puzzle Quest which gave you full health after each game played.
    Least likely of the bunch.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Any other suggestions?
    Do noting. It's not that bad of a change and it's better for the meta as a whole. It also forces people to build and use more diverse rosters. Yes, it will inconvenience some players for a bit until they get that diverse roster, but that's what you get for relying on crutches like OBW and Spidey.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Problem is that oBW is the best support character among 2*s and she goes best with the best tanks/offense characters (Ares and Thor), who are able to hold their own against 3*s even. Now if a player leaves cStorm/MMN or Wolverine/Daken in their place instead, he's asking to be dismembered by all the 3*s and most of the fellow 2*s. Personally I'm all for diversity, but half of the 2*s need buffs badly (Moonie, Bullseye, Bag-Man, Cap, mHawkeye. Daken needs a 3rd ability).
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Problem is that oBW is the best support character among 2*s and she goes best with the best tanks/offense characters (Ares and Thor), who are able to hold their own against 3*s even. Now if a player leaves cStorm/MMN or Wolverine/Daken in their place instead, he's asking to be dismembered by all the 3*s and most of the fellow 2*s. Personally I'm all for diversity, but half of the 2*s need buffs badly (Moonie, Bullseye, Bag-Man, Cap, mHawkeye. Daken needs a 3rd ability).
    Agreed that the 2* characters need work, but I still think that OBW is a decent support character if you respec her to 4 or 5 Purple and 4 or 3 blue.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    3 purple oBW is more dangerous on defense, faster on offense, and it's not bad to have 'shielding' when there are countdowns around. I still love my 3/5/5 oBW. Besides Magneto/Fury we still don't have many dangerous purple abilities that require special handling, and one of these will probably be badly handled, the other will be seen on 0,2% of rosters.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    Having a deep enough roster that (relatively) doesn't effect play time is a luxury that only high level players can afford. New and intermediate players can't have a deep enough roster to be able to keep playing. It's not so much a matter of people relying on OBW as it is only having enough covers and Iso to get a team of 2* characters together. To be competitive in ANY PvP you need to have at least 1 3* character over 100, preferably 2 or more.

To get said covers you need to be able play more to win them, but wait you can't play more because your only team that can win ANY matches is still recovering and it'll be another hour before you have enough health packs to heal them and get back to playing.

This change goes against the basic idea of F2P, you can either play a lot and grind out what you need OR you can pay to make that much faster.

True healing has made the game into you can either PAY to Grind, or you can hope that the random number generators hand you a cover for your standard recruit token for your 2 matches every 3 hours.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    So one of the reasons that some people are defending True Healing is that it lets those players who don't want to grind be more competitive. What if there were a PvE event that limited the number of matches a player could participate in? Give all players the same equal point valued series of potential targets, more than are possible to play. Give more points for more difficult targets, but if they lose the match, that was still one of their fights so it balances risk vs. reward.

To elaborate further, you have 10 matches you are permitted to play during the let's say 48 hour window the event is open. Everyone has the same 20 potential match ups they can choose from. After the 48 hour window closes, rewards are handed out accordingly.

I'm also NOT suggesting that this replaces the normal events that have been going on as well, just an additional event to supplement them (perhaps from Saturday through Sunday?)

Ok, perhaps this suggestion isn't how to "fix true healing," but it does address one of the proposed issues that True Healing was intended to address.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Might be fun to see a old RPG staple of getting a full heal on level up.
    Would encourage people to throw underleveled people into the ring, fully expecting them to get beat up but would slowly bring them up to fighting speed instead of only using our already maxed out A-team. And lets you effectively spend Iso to heal peeps.

But you already have every character maxed out you say? This idea would not help you, unless you started making duplicates just so they can exploit leveling heals.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    Might be fun to see a old RPG staple of getting a full heal on level up.
    Would encourage people to throw underleveled people into the ring, fully expecting them to get beat up but would slowly bring them up to fighting speed instead of only using our already maxed out A-team. And lets you effectively spend Iso to heal peeps.

But you already have every character maxed out you say? This idea would not help you, unless you started making duplicates just so they can exploit leveling heals.

Wow, I really like that idea!!! I was just thinking about how they could add some way to grind out extra health packs, but your idea would also help address the issue that the developers mentioned as the rational for the recent level boosts too!

As a side-effect of this plan, more people would have a more diverse roster and would therefore be less effected by True Healing to start with!