Random 1* / 2* / 3* Solo Arena tourney

Options
New SOLO game style concept

- In this tourney, you pay X amount of HP to enter that lasts X amount of days/weeks.
- You cannot use your roster, the game randomizes your roster + covers and maxes your team comp (
- The tourney will stay true to what you will use (ie: everyone will use all 3*'s or two 3*'s and one 2*, etc.)
- Each player will only have X amount of MATCHES THEY CAN PARTICIPATE IN (amount dependent on game length)
- Players cannot increase the number of matches they can participate in any way
- No power ups can be used
- No shields can be used
- All teams start with full hit points
- Players can choose up to 3 nodes with the ability to refresh 3 times in an attempt to increase points earned per match (sometimes will match you against lower ranked players for less points)
- Some characters cannot reach the full potential and will only be maxed as they were intended, but all the covers will be 5/5 (ie. Juggernaut caps at level 40, Daken @ 69, Dr. Doom @ 115, etc.)

This is just my 2 cents because of "True Healing." I'd rather have this type of game style if you're going to keep that in effect because after using all at least 1 health pack per match in PvP, it has become unfeasible for me to play this game. This gives you a different style of gameplay, diversification, strategy, randomness, and most importantly... HP SINK.

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This sounds like a fun diversion. I would play.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The trouble with random characters on your team is that it may well turn out completely useless because they don't work together so well (like Falcon with no generators of special tiles, or all characters just using 4 colours among them, and all main attacks are red, or defensive characters only, etc). I wouldn't pay any HP and then not even be able to choose my own team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Solo tourney would mean you as a player may choose to enter or not and the random picks is for players who aren't so heavily invested to try out new characters. It's just a concept, but they could work it differently where players are playing solo ladder matches where you try to win as much as you can with the current team chosen from a limited pick much like Hearthstone's Arena. In fact... that could be another game concept pitch to the devs. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif