Tournaments (mostly Lightning) not generating points

Options
Hi guys,

I wonder if you also have the same problem that I'm facing.

In the beginning of a tournament (approx. its first five minutes or so), especially on the Lightning Rounds, I'm winning battles (which are worth 25 points) but not receiving any points at all. Not even a rank placement.
There was a particular tournament in which I won 5 battles, got the final message (You earned 25 points), but my score was still 0 and I couldn't even see myself or anyone else in the rank.

Do you get to score right from your first fight?

Comments

• I'm betting your device clock is off.

IceIX indicated awhile back that they were going to do something to fix people jumping their clocks forward (and thus jumping the gun on the Lightning rounds). If I was one of the devs this is exactly the kind of thing I'd do -- if the server doesn't think it's time for the tournament yet then you don't get points.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I'm betting your device clock is off.

IceIX indicated awhile back that they were going to do something to fix people jumping their clocks forward (and thus jumping the gun on the Lightning rounds). If I was one of the devs this is exactly the kind of thing I'd do -- if the server doesn't think it's time for the tournament yet then you don't get points.

The only things that could be "off" is that I'm in light saving summer time (1 hour ahead of regular time), but this is the standard time here. Also, I like to let my clock about 5-10 minutes in advance (helps me to arrive on time), but I could never imagine that this could be the problem, especially since I have never "cheated" by jumping the clock forward. I'll try and see if taking off the 5-10 minutes helps... If not, it can be the light saving time or a bug anyway... But thanks for the tip.
  • _urpeein_ wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    I'm betting your device clock is off.

The only things that could be "off" is that I'm in light saving summer time (1 hour ahead of regular time), but this is the standard time here. Also, I like to let my clock about 5-10 minutes in advance (helps me to arrive on time), but I could never imagine that this could be the problem, especially since I have never "cheated" by jumping the clock forward. I'll try and see if taking off the 5-10 minutes helps... If not, it can be the light saving time or a bug anyway... But thanks for the tip.

Uh, yeah... that's exactly it.

Realize that resetting the clock on your device to the proper time will cause your heroes to all be downed. And possibly have no health packs either.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    Uh, yeah... that's exactly it.

Realize that resetting the clock on your device to the proper time will cause your heroes to all be downed. And possibly have no health packs either.
    Quite possible yes. Daylight Savings time though is automatically accounted for by the servers, so that's not an issue. Just the manually changing the clock portion.
  • That worked ! Thank you guys !
    Guess I'll just have to change my habits, anyway... I think you can close this topic and leave it here for further reference.