My objection, I vote with my $$.

Options
I've read the reasoning for the latest changes.
I understand the intentions and what they were attempting to accomplish.
Let it be known that I am not happy with their solution in addressing their concerns. Temporary healing?!? Boooooo!

My stance is I actually paid to upgrade OBW. I did it for 3 reasons.
1. To financially support a game that I 'once' liked
2. I liked the support role OBW played and I saw her value
3. To experience the game as a paying customer and not just be a free-grinder

My point is, I dropped cash to boost a character, only to have her value reduced aka nerfed.
I feel so cheated and ripped off. I've wasted money.
My roster development decisions were made based on my character value perspective.
Accessing character's value: SpiderMan, OBW, Dakken, and Wolverine played a role in my decisions; like recruiting characters, cutting characters, and buying slots etc. Had I known the healing changes were even in discussion, my choices would definitely be different. I've wasted time.

It was bait and switch. I'm incredibly disappointed and resentful.
Before the change, I was really close to dropping a bit more cash to power up Black Panther's black attack. I was just waiting for the next sale on Hero Points.
However, this latest nerfing has cleared my mind.
I am not spending another dime and my disagreement of the changes will be demonstrated by my refusal to pay for any other game by Demiurge & d3.
I don't trust that it will be worth my hard earned $$ because the characters will get nerfed.

Demiurge & d3, you got me once ... You won't get me again.

As a result, my playing time has and will decrease more. My motivation to play has drizzled away.
I once praised this game and told friends to download it.
I did appreciate the games ability to tap into intrinsic motivation and keep people playing and competing. That intrigued me.

However, I no longer have a desire to play ... and unless there is some sort of compromise in the gameplay, in my eyes, the Demiurge & d3 brands are tainted and scarred... Take notes from Netflix.

I will not support companies/games that force changes down the throats of its customers, especially when the change dramatically alters gameplay or their service that I paid for.

I'm disgruntle, and I'm out.

Comments

• Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    What you could do, depending on when you spent your money (was it long before the true heal fiasco, of during the sales right before?):

- Ask CS for a gift (refund is unlikely, but you may have some HP/iso back to level another character). Very little chance it works, but who knows?

- Ask Demiurge head, Albert Reed for the same kind of thing. You can contact him with twitter. I propose this because you case is exactly what he said in his blog:
    If players truly feel that your balance changes have made the durable no longer useful, then selling it for hard and soft currency should be a no-brainer. During the period after a balance change, we massively increase the sale price of characters.

- Leave the game for good/Keep you money for games that deserve it. You enjoyed what you bought in MPQ at that time, nice. It is no longer the case? Stop spending.

- Ask Google/Apple/Steam for a refund. (note that if you already enjoyed the benefits of your purchase, especially for a long time, I do not know if it is possible).
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tharos wrote:
    Ask Google/Apple/Steam for a refund. (note that if you already enjoyed the benefits of your purchase, especially for a long time, I do not know if it is possible).
    Isn't possible on Steam; period. All purchases from wallet funds are final and non-refundable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am not looking for a refund... I want the gameplay back.
    It was a slimy move to change up the healing.
    And now in PvP you can't even play with OWB... It really seems shady.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dr34dz wrote:

That's just for this PVP tourney because the featured hero is GSBW so both other BW versions are locked out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dr34dz wrote:

I don't see how that is the case. OWB on defense in PvP should still be quite good at 3/5/5.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I still like OBW. The healing was nice, but I used her for her black ability and for stealing. Paired up with punisher or another sword dealer, and she does awesome damage. Once I get 3 swords down, she's doing almost 1k per match for blue and purple. The best is when patch uses his green. If the tank survives it, the other team goes down in a couple of turns. I think the main person that's getting screwed over with this healing thing is spider-man.
  • Unknown
    Options
    quazi44 wrote:
    That's just for this PVP tourney because the featured hero is GSBW so both other BW versions are locked out.

Yes, I know. But thanks icon_neutral.gif
    I know how the game works.

My point is that I don't believe she's not available by accident.
    I guarantee is was premeditated, to passively soften the shock of the temporary healing change.

But again, thank you for attempting to ... inform(?) ... I guess.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh! Now the devs made a huge change and did one thing try to passively soften the shock a little bit! Outrage I say, how dare they try to quell my rage and make this transition any easier!

(sorry I couldn't resist the sarcasm, I will go tinykitty myself now)
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    dr34dz wrote:
    My point is that I don't believe she's not available by accident.
    I guarantee is was premeditated, to passively soften the shock of the temporary healing change.

But again, thank you for attempting to ... inform(?) ... I guess.
    I don't think the devs ever set a featured character by accident.

Also, OBW is buffed in the new PVE.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dr34dz wrote:
    I've read the reasoning for the latest changes.
    I understand the intentions and what they were attempting to accomplish.
    Let it be known that I am not happy with their solution in addressing their concerns. Temporary healing?!? Boooooo!

My stance is I actually paid to upgrade OBW. I did it for 3 reasons.
    1. To financially support a game that I 'once' liked
    2. I liked the support role OBW played and I saw her value
    3. To experience the game as a paying customer and not just be a free-grinder

My point is, I dropped cash to boost a character, only to have her value reduced aka nerfed.
    I feel so cheated and ripped off. I've wasted money.
    My roster development decisions were made based on my character value perspective.
    Accessing character's value: SpiderMan, OBW, Dakken, and Wolverine played a role in my decisions; like recruiting characters, cutting characters, and buying slots etc. Had I known the healing changes were even in discussion, my choices would definitely be different. I've wasted time.

It was bait and switch. I'm incredibly disappointed and resentful.
    Before the change, I was really close to dropping a bit more cash to power up Black Panther's black attack. I was just waiting for the next sale on Hero Points.
    However, this latest nerfing has cleared my mind.
    I am not spending another dime and my disagreement of the changes will be demonstrated by my refusal to pay for any other game by Demiurge & d3.
    I don't trust that it will be worth my hard earned $$ because the characters will get nerfed.

Demiurge & d3, you got me once ... You won't get me again.

As a result, my playing time has and will decrease more. My motivation to play has drizzled away.
    I once praised this game and told friends to download it.
    I did appreciate the games ability to tap into intrinsic motivation and keep people playing and competing. That intrigued me.

However, I no longer have a desire to play ... and unless there is some sort of compromise in the gameplay, in my eyes, the Demiurge & d3 brands are tainted and scarred... Take notes from Netflix.

I will not support companies/games that force changes down the throats of its customers, especially when the change dramatically alters gameplay or their service that I paid for.

I'm disgruntle, and I'm out.

Im baffled by this post since of all the issues one could be complainig about right now, youre complaining about the fact that a charater got nerfed. Im assuming you're in the "all nerfs are bad" camp based off of the tone of this post, and if so then i think this is a lost cause since anyone who doesnt get why nerfs to characters such as spidey and ragnarok can sometimes be necessary just cant be reasoned with. Not that obws healing is anywhere close to the ridiculousness of those characters, but if youre going to rant on the forums, you should at least have a valid argument to go along with it. Its not like obw is now unplayable: shes still the best 2* support hero in the game right now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You have assumed incorrectly. I do not feel all nerfs are bad.
    I'm not sure what you missed in my post. I clearly stated my displeasure with committing to a character and spending money only to have that character nerfed.

I'm of the camp that believes there has to be a better solution than nerfing a feature such as healing. These guys are creative thinkers... I'm willing to bet there were other options to choose from.
  • Eckythump
    Eckythump Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I voted with my wallet too. I uninstalled the game from my Ipad, and left the Clan I created, so they could get a new active replacement. I had played every day since first installing it, and would have gotten a 3 Star Psylocke tomorrow. I'm done with the game now.

Really unhappy with the latest changes. I don't think temporary healing was a good idea at all.