My experience with True Healing thus far....

ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
I'm keeping an open mind about true healing, keep in mind though that i have a full 3 star roster(5 141's) and my lowest level 3 star is She hulk at 18. BUT i have tried in this PVP to do a two star roster up to about 300, used my usual CStorm/Mags team, and this true healing thing isn't as bad or utterly game breaking as people would have you believe(IMO). i manage to get to about 250ish before i finally had to fully switch over to my three stars to continue my climb, the simple truth is that there's literally no way, at all, that a full two star roster, even if you have ALL important two stars, is gonna be able to do more than 100 points at a time per health pack refresh. I know this cause i got to the third match, that's when my Storm died(damn you Ares and 10 freaking green) and i barely got out of the match thanks to hoarding some green and sniper rifle. Full three stars have it easier, i'm sitting at 530 right now with my recently max leveled super daken/Thor combo. There is one silver lining to this who thing(again...in my opinion) is that the refresh rates for the characters themselves are much much faster which i love, my daken went from dead to full health in just over an hour and a half, and thor fully heals from half health in about the same timeframe. I like the promotion of roster diversity cause...well i already have a ton of characters to choose from, but my experience is that it doesn't entirely screw two stars, it just kneecaps them with a baseball bat into buying health packs or cutting down play time(which one's the community gonna choose? Hint: it's the one that's free) and essentially making the rich richer(can't have roster diversity without Three stars....can't get three stars without roster diversity...lovely catch-22 right?). Now i am not condoning this, it is my personal opinion, but i like the change, cause i do have the diversity to actually not have to use OBW to as a crutch. I'm definitely one of those people that are absolutely sick of having to slog what seems like a million OBW's on my climb cause she always seems to have the greatest luck in cascades and sometimes lose to vastly inferior teams(i'm looking at you cookie cutter OBW/Ares). sorry for the long post....but i had to get my two cents in.

Comments

• Sounds great for you but, here's my two cents from a perspective of a player with only 3 max 2*:

My roost consists of:

OBW maxed
    Cstorm maxed
    Thor maxed
    Magneto lvl 77
    Ares lvl 76
    --Rest of roster is lvl 50 or below-- with LIMITED 3*

Every time, I have to use 40 to 70 ISO just to skip against teams which have 3*'s @ lvl 141 which means match making for me is fairly stupid. In MOST GAMES, I get my team handed to by Ares with only 5 greens because he takes away nearly HALF of OBW/Cstorm's hit points. This leaves me struggling to keep my team healthy enough for the next match-up or waiting until they heal up. The TIMERS ARE BAD, I still have to wait 1 hour per 1000 hit points with further sets me back in comparison to 3* comp players. This means... it takes 6 hours for thor and ares to fully heal up after being downed. At best, I get 100 points every 4 hours...I'm going to also dread going into PVE when the MMR completely demolishes my lvl 85's team pitting them against lvl 160's (it has happened in every simulator).

After reading your opinion, I think you are facing teams that aren't on par with you. I would expect you're using two 3*'s and are able to carry you through those matches with taking minimal damage. Another note is that I'm a F2P player after spending $50, I would imagine that you've spent a generous amount to secure those 3* as well as obtain ISO to level them.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    oh yeah, like i said, i went through as far as i could with my two star team of Cstorm/MNMags, i had about 40 minutes before i ran out of health packs and switched it up to my 3*'s. Your experience is probably typical of 2 star teams, i've spent 200$ on this game thus far, i've only spent it on HP for slots(alliance and personal) and have bought 1 40 pack(wasn't worth it), have never ever bought iso and never intend to as it is plentiful.
  • Tavanh wrote:
    Every time, I have to use 40 to 70 ISO just to skip against teams which have 3*'s @ lvl 141 which means match making for me is fairly stupid.

Ouch.

I've got 6 maxed 2*s and a level 115 Punisher and I rarely ever see anybody over level 100. I honestly don't think I've ever come across a team with a single 141. I've never spent a single ISO on skipping (I do sometimes go down to a 0 bonus, but never beyond) to find an opponent that I can take on. I'm not sure what it is that I'm doing right (or what you're doing wrong as the case may be), but you have my sympathies.
  • I'm not sure what it is that I'm doing right (or what you're doing wrong as the case may be), but you have my sympathies.

If you find out, tell me~! I just spent another 40 ISO just to face a team that wrecked my Cstorm and nearly crippled my Ares after 7 turns. I still get teams that have two 100+ or very unfavorable matchups.
    Your experience is probably typical of 2 star teams

Sadly, it is because we're paired against higher tier players when we don't have the means to support that type of play. I feel like a lot of players around my situation will decide on having to stop focusing PvP (hitting only 300 pts to get a 2* recruit in hopes of a 3* cover) and focus only on the PvE aspect of the game as the game where we're given multiple chances for 3* covers. That or quit the game, half my guild practically quit already (we're 13/20 active now).
  • In my bracket right now there are 5 players with level 85 rosters sitting at top 10 with scores in the mid 600 to mid 700s. Not counting the guys who aggressively shield, it'd appear everyone's score is significantly lower, most likely because there are relatively fewer 2* to farm for the 3*s which drives the overall score down. So while it is harder to get a high score, you also don't need as much compared to before. The most important progression rewards, the HP, is certainly far more accessible at 400/600/800 compared to 900 in the past. I'd estimate that the new 800 is harder to get than the old 900, but you get 50 HP for 400+600 versus 50 HP for the old 900, so that seems like a decent tradeoff. The HP for placement have gone down in general, but the 3* cover rewards now extend to the 100th place, so it's probably a wash there.