PvP is seriously flawed

Options
palenoue
palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
Look, I like your tournaments and PvP up to a point, but then it gets demoralizing. In the PvP right now I'm matched against five teams that I can't even damage before being obliterated. Team A wipes me out before I can get even one of their characters down to half health. Team B kills me off with such ridiculous ease I can't even get enough points to use any abilities. Team C is nothing but slaughter, no amount of grinding will help me here. The other two teams are so much higher I don't even try.

It's been this way for days. Same overwhelming opponents, same slaughter. There's no way to tell the game "Hey, give me opponents I have a chance of beating or I'm deleting the game and giving you bad reviews." You match us up with unbeatable opponents and keep us there, for days/weeks/months.

Tell me, why do you think this is a good idea? Do you honestly believe this will attract more players?

Comments

• You keep saying this (this is, what, post #4 or 5 from you in THIS sub-forum saying the same thing) and yet you never say what your characters are, what levels they are, etc. You simply complain.

I didn't join PvP until I was most of the way through the PvE content, so I had 1* characters in the upper 30s and low 40s; I had no issues with matchmaking. They added the bracket system about a week after I started, spreading the wealth substantially. Things are rather different now with the changed leveling/cover system, but I don't think it's substantially so. If you enter PvP extremely early you're not going to be able to do much more than place in the very bottom, since even the lowest matchmaking group is going to have people in it who have completed 1* and mid-level 2* characters.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, I think I read three straight very weirdly negative posts from OP. Refunds for fraud? Whaaa?

For this thread, though...while sometimes matchmaking gives odd results, it's still decently accurate on the whole for finding opponents within similar levels.

If you're finding that you are way outclassed, tank one of these lightning rounds - send out a very low-leveled team and wait a couple hours. You'll find opponents who are likely more around your level or below.
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I didn't list the levels of my characters because it didn't matter. When I had level 30 characters the game would match me up with level 50 three stars. When I had level 40 characters it would against a level 80 four star. When I maxed them out to 50-50-40 one-stars the PvP was filled with 60-70-80 two and three stars. Once I blew past the initial few low-level matches I'd be obliterated by overwhelming superior firepower that no amount of grinding could mitigate.

This game is geared to satisfy the elite top 10% and screw over everybody else who doesn't have time to waste on grinding for hours every day. The way they have it now there is no hope for the majority of people who try to play it. This is fraud because the game gives the impression that everyone can play yet it's rigged so only the same small group of people keep winning the tournaments. If they don't change things by the end of December I'm demanding my money back because basically they took my money knowing I'd be excluded from most of the gameplay.
  • palenoue wrote:
    When I had level 40 characters it would against a level 80 four star.

i laughed. all 4 stars suck so yeah.

but regardless seems matchmaking is not working for u? generally if u tank battles, u'll get matched up with more people around the same level. it does help to know your characters tho, so we can get an idea of where ur mmr probably placed u
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    palenoue wrote:
    This is fraud

No, but that's libel. Instead of starting yet another negative post complaining about...well...everything, consider asking for assistance, or what you might try differently. It is true that there are some things about the game that aren't especially friendly to new players, and this is a problem that the devs will hopefully work on, but the community here is rather friendly, and will be happy to help. As I just mentioned in one of your other threads, use the skip button. It is true that the match asking isn't great, but if you come across a team that is too hard, simply skip them and find another.
  • palenoue wrote:
    I didn't list the levels of my characters because it didn't matter. When I had level 30 characters the game would match me up with level 50 three stars. When I had level 40 characters it would against a level 80 four star. When I maxed them out to 50-50-40 one-stars the PvP was filled with 60-70-80 two and three stars. Once I blew past the initial few low-level matches I'd be obliterated by overwhelming superior firepower that no amount of grinding could mitigate.

This game is geared to satisfy the elite top 10% and screw over everybody else who doesn't have time to waste on grinding for hours every day. The way they have it now there is no hope for the majority of people who try to play it. This is fraud because the game gives the impression that everyone can play yet it's rigged so only the same small group of people keep winning the tournaments. If they don't change things by the end of December I'm demanding my money back because basically they took my money knowing I'd be excluded from most of the gameplay.
    The matchmaking system is entirely based on how you finish in your tournaments. So if you want easier matches, start tanking in either the SHIELD tournament, or in the lightning rounds. Win one lighting round match, then lose on purpose a few times. You'll start getting cupcake matches after that.